• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Heist nets $75 million in prescription drugs

i heard on the radio this morning that the drugs stolen were Prozac and "anti-psychotic" medications.

^ So maybe they're Robins wanting to sell the drugs for cheap to the Third-World countries (although I doubt it).

In the US, Lilly makes neither secobarbital nor propoxyphene nor methadone.

Yeah after some research I found that those drugs are produced for domestic use here in the US. I just posted them because they're were listed by Eli Lilly in their total product catalog.

There is alot more money in non-recreational drugs then one might think, if we are talking things like HGH, powerful antibiotics, or new drugs often uncovered by insurance or unavalible due to "experimental" nature this steal could be worth several times the amount tagged on the black market.

If you really think about it..... most of the illegal drugs are still being sold to people... Instead of drug dealers it is the doctors now giving them to people....

But instead of driving into your towns gehtoo to cop some herion... the doctors are the new drug dealers..... And the Corperate Pharmacies are the importers / producers...

Fuck the war on drugs, the war on drugs is more like a WAR on anyone makeing any money from the drug trade; but them....Govemernt or Pharmaceutical corperatations who have the drug trade on lockdown.... Are the main ones profitiring from this war.... They dont want people like you and me making a buck...But what they do is okay and is for our best intrests.... Keep believing that...

The war on drugs is just a rouse used to control the drug trade....Think about it...

My 5 cents

Last edited:
^Your correct, and yea I have thought about, its nonsense.

Its not dont do drugs, its only do our drugs.

Alcohol, Caffeine, Tobacco, and anything you pay 150$ for a doctor visit to get...

I'd imagine that these non-recreational meds are possibly going to be sold on an internet pharmacy (you see loads of them around that sell Olanzapine, Antidepressants, NSAIDs etc).

I also read that they didn't steal any recreational drugs. Also, I read that law enforcement believes they already had a buyer lined up, since there have been a few other burglaries with the exact same mo, at other warehouses. Theory is they'll be sold in other countries or online.

OK, it wasn't an entirely pointless heist. They took 5 lots of Gemzar and 1 lot of Alimta (which retails for $2500 a dose). Inventory.

OK, it wasn't an entirely pointless heist. They took 5 lots of Gemzar and 1 lot of Alimta (which retails for $2500 a dose). Inventory.

Those are cancer medications incase anyone is wondering, but too lazy to look it up.

I see they took Strattera. Doesn't that have some recreational value?

I don't know how much that kind of stuff cost to R&D and manufacture but if they are retailing it for $2500 a dose, I would have to point the label of thief and murderer on Eli Lily. I wonder how many people have been bankrupted or left to die because of the prohibitive costs.

No, Zyprexa ain't cheap (even as generic). Still, it's not a life-or-death drug (nor are Cymbalta, Strattera or Prozac). And there are many other meds that work just as well (or better) than any of these.

On the other hand, it's possible for someone to have a vital need for Gemzar (anti-tumor) or Effient (anti-platelet), even though these meds compete with others already on the market.

The Alimta's a special case, though. It's not just vital--it's unique (from what I understand). Read its wiki page.

occam's razor: they had a buyer lined up for that last one; buyer probably commissioned the heist.

Thats pretty crazy, but also not a surprise that its not recreational drugs completly.
I dont know to many drug dealers or drug users that are professional thieves, which from looking at the report seems to be it. Theyll probably be shipped or somother way transported across to somwhere else.
Internet you can get almost any drugs, and Mom & Pop pharmacies in russia sell shit like this. Crazy though

i read in a pittsburgh paper about this. it said that none of the drugs were narcotic, and that the drugs were probably sold to poor countries.

at least i think there is some good to this if it is really being sold to poor countries. they will get the good medicine that they need. but it will probablly be to much cash for them since they are not to well off

Thats pretty crazy, but also not a surprise that its not recreational drugs completly.
I dont know to many drug dealers or drug users that are professional thieves, which from looking at the report seems to be it. Theyll probably be shipped or somother way transported across to somwhere else.
Internet you can get almost any drugs, and Mom & Pop pharmacies in russia sell shit like this. Crazy though

I'd imagine they'd have more security around narcotics. Maybe not, could just simply be the cost of the product determines how much security there is, but unless you needed these drugs or were extremely knowledgeable about them, they wouldn't have much value to many people.

You could be an Average Joe and know oxycontin is valuable to people. If any of those drugs stolen were in my possession I'd have no way to move them, no one to sell to, and wouldn't know anything about what I had. Since the value of these isn't as well-known, I just don't think they'd have the same level of security. Again could be way off on that.

I can just imagine more people scheming over stealing thousands of oxy's over these type of drugs.