European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Hedgehog appreciation thread

mr.buffnstuff

Bluelighter
So has anyone ever noticed how cool our little night time dwelling prickley friends are?
We have a pet hedgehog and African Pygmy called 'bumble' and he is just awesome! We've started helping wild hogs out now more and I regularly donate at a hedgehog rescue place, this poor old woman helps the hogs out and survives just on her pension and donations. :(
If anyone is interested in donating let me know and I'll post up the site for her.

Check this vine and tell me you don't love them! https://youtu.be/iYc5sqJOmVo

76135190aac5557bba4520286773b3a9.jpeg

e24cbed9a9dc6c27b6568856c02edc0f.jpeg

275b399aef66045946a5c59fb8d1613b.jpeg

You big softie. You've gone up in my estimations. ;)

But yes, they are little balls of spikey awesomeness!

You big softie. You've gone up in my estimations. ;)

But yes, they are little balls of spikey awesomeness!

Haha I bloody love them! ? I love the sound of him running around upstairs, I lay on my bed in the dark just listening to him running from room to room haha

Mate I've always wanted to rescue one or something because I think they would be the Chillest little friends ever.

Why does it look like he only has two legs in the first pic? The other ones are hidden, I'm guessing?? Anyway, he looks awesome!!!

resisted the urge to post a picture of sonic.

Gotta love hedgehogs...spikey little bastards....

https://youtu.be/iYc5sqJOmVo

Seriously everyone watch that vid it's only 90 seconds but you'll LOVE it!

African Pygmys are domestic 'hogs unfortunately you can't keep wild European ones as pets :( we have a 'hog house in the garden, it looks like an igloo but we put bowls of meal worms inside and we have a hog that comes most nights for his/her tea ☺️

Ours likes mince, mango, melon, broccoli, baby sweet corn and all sorts of other foods! He often climbs in his food bowl to eat and in a night will do literally miles on his wheel!

Cutest little guys ever, those and a friendly squirrel and my life is almost complete

Great thread , We live by our village green, and theirs a huge hog that looks like a football that comes out at dusk, always comes into the garden , we put milk out but didn't know what else to feed it until now.
yours is one cute dude I can't show it to little legs she'll want one tomorrow. :)

Great thread , We live by our village green, and theirs a huge hog that looks like a football that comes out at dusk, always comes into the garden , we put milk out but didn't know what else to feed it until now.
yours is one cute dude I can't show it to little legs she'll want one tomorrow. :)

How annoying! I just wrote a massive reply and it wouldn't load and then gave me w blank screen! :(
Hedgehogs are ace, we have one that frequents our garden, we helped him before he went into hibernation and all winter my gf worried he wouldn't make it but he came back in March real skinny and ate a full human sized bowl of meal worms!
Hogs are lactose intolerant milk and bread is a big problem for them, your better off feeding them dried meal worms from wilko's a big bag is only w couple of quid.
They're like sweets are to kids, our one LOVES them but they make domestic hogs too fat. Fine for wild ones though. Or cat biscuits or food providing it's no fish flavoured.
It's good to hear someone else helps the hogs out though. It's a tough works out there for them

Cool , thanks for the tips, Mr buff stuff , our one turns up like clockwork. He's a big dude.

Cool , thanks for the tips, Mr buff stuff , our one turns up like clockwork. He's a big dude.

The gf messaged me on my way home to tell me the hog was running around upstairs. I couldn't find him
He had squeezed under the bed and was curled up in a ball again.
He was all grumpy when we got him out they make a snuffle sound and grunt when they're agitated lol

How do they taste? I reckon bbq'd with Chipotle sauce would be the go. They even come with toothpicks..

He's a beut Mr B.

Those pics and your description of his personality have made me see what a worthwhile environmental concern the protection of such wonderful animals are, and if I am to become charitable on a societal level this is the most interest that anything of this nature (and nature itself) has produced.

Although I love animals the closest I have ever been to conservation is my particular enjoyment of 'Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home' but without a starship with both warp and cloacking capabilities, I cannot go back in time to get a reload on the hedgehog population.

:D

Try not to drown in it though, I'm surprised it took 3 days for that to be posted. Come on guys, seriously. Make an effort.