• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Heat

Rate this movie!

• [img]http://i.bluelight.org/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.org/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OK, I withdraw my criticisms of Michael Mann. I've just always felt that Heat lacked some unquantifiable je ne sais quoi that would have pushed it from very good into the Goodfellas-caliber of greatness. Naturally, my first instinct is blame the director.

I thought it lacked something as well when I first saw it - perhaps because it was hyped up massively due to Pacino and DeNiro co-starring. May have to re-watch to get some more perspective.

LA Takedown was pretty raw. I think I preferred it to Heat.

OK, I withdraw my criticisms of Michael Mann. I've just always felt that Heat lacked some unquantifiable je ne sais quoi that would have pushed it from very good into the Goodfellas-caliber of greatness. Naturally, my first instinct is blame the director.

see, this is where you're missing out. it can't be compared to goodfellas, they are basically different genres. michael mann makes stunningly beautiful action films. see it as just that and not a character driven drama, and you'll find its quality.

just his gunshot sounds (since heat) are exceptionally impacting.

The shoot out is what made this movie for me. The gunfire sounds so real, echoing through the buildings. And kilmer's face just ties it all together. I can't even describe it he just looks so.... REAL, like he's really gonna die if he doesn't make it out. The attention to detail, every actor uses their sights, and the difference with the cops using semi-auto and robbers using full auto. There is a very good reason for why they do that....

It's sad how most people today can't appreciate a movie like this. I feel like if I show it to any of my friends they won't be able to stay with it during the slow parts and dismiss it, but it pays off so well. Ive seen people comparing it to "the town" but I don't know about that

yea great movie, the opening robbery scene is pretty crazy. and even though its an older movie, i still think its pretty cool.

and yea esp, "because shes got a GREAT ASS!!! and you got your head ALL THE WAY UP IT! when i think of an ass...a womans ass, something comes out of me" lol the look on his face when he delivers that line is great

*sodisappointmeme.gif*

I saw it, mate. In fact, I own it, if downloading a movie illegally counts as ownership. It's a great film, love the chemistry between Pacino & De Niro.

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."

Damn, now I want to see it again.

^me too.

i recall reading somewhere (something like) this film is used as an example of correct weapons loading/use in military training.

I really loved this movie, the cast was brilliant, and I can relate to much of the storyline.

I love this movie so much.. This thread makes me want to watch it again.

"What are they looking at... What are they looking at.

You know what they're looking at?

Us. The el ay pee dee."

I could watch this movie over and over (and over and over etc). And to think they are only on screen together for less than 15 minutes or so (from memory); it's hard to look away at all.

Been years since ive seen Heat, might have to watch it again soon

I just can't get over how awesome the shoot out is. I dont think I've ever seen one more realistic/intense. If someone can find a better one please share

the shootout ending in The Way of The Gun is great, the rest of the film is pretty slow though

Lone Survivor had a pretty intense/realistic shootout, but that might be because I saw it in a theater. I would love to see Heat on the bigscreen. Too bad I was only 10 or 11 at the time the movie came out, it being R rated.

Best part of Heat is the sarcastic smirk of Tom Sizemore's character right before they put on the masks and shit goes down in the bank

Last edited:
Best part of Heat is the sarcastic smirk of Tom Sizemore's character right before they put on the masks and shit goes down in the bank

I love his glance at the random guy in the diner who gets curious about them knocking Waingro's head into the table.

the shootout ending in The Way of The Gun is great, the rest of the film is pretty slow though

I watched it after u recommended it and it is good. I just watched open range and the shoot out and the end of that movie is pretty dope as well