R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Having Conversations with People In Your Head

ParappaTheRapper

Ex-Bluelighter
Okay so am i crazy?

There are so many things i have to say to some people.
I usually have to keep it private.
Then ill argue with them in my head.
Once the situation comes up, i think, "wait didnt this already happen"
Its like i dreamed it or something. Wierd.

Then once the deja vu settles, i always think, "why not have just had this conversation a month ago"

anyone get this?

I think I do, but could be totally wrong.

For me it's what I need to say, and should I say it? And if so, how to deliver what I have to say in a genuine respectful way.
Also, if I don't need to address whatever it is in conversation, due to my own imaginings, how do I deal with it and let it go?

If they keep coming up, these scenarios with others, or just mere conversations real or imagined .. it's usually something unresolved.. with this person in present life, or my past.

We all do have an internal dialogue… For me sometimes this is just with myself or with others. Sometimes the conversations took place already and I am ruminating on them, or I am imagining what the conversation will look like and what will be said.

Last edited:
Do you mean kinda like, you have a convo with someone, and you replay it in your head, but how you "should have" handled it?
I make up convos all the time and try to improve on convos, I'm pretty sure that comes from social anxiety.

Do you mean kinda like, you have a convo with someone, and you replay it in your head, but how you "should have" handled it?
I make up convos all the time and try to improve on convos, I'm pretty sure that comes from social anxiety.

I believe that´s anxiety and it can be really normal if it happens sometimes.
You have that urge to over think in order to get the best response, something like this.
I don´t think it´s crazy at all.

Obviously you know the difference in your head about the voices.

You sound like you have some issues, but many of us do.
Anxiety sounds right.
Sometimes the fear of being crazy can be worse the the reality of it.

^ i definitely have anxiety.

but i was leaning more towards conversations BOTH parties know, NEED, to happen but is never resolved.

I can relate, have imaginary conversations with people... Yes, we're crazy. Whatever, who isn't. Or maybe it's just easier to talk in your head than actually to the person. They might react negatively or might not even want to talk about the issue at all. The deja vu thing is interesting sometimes don't know what has happened really and what was just daydreaming. Or maybe it's just the weed, hocus pocus try to focus.

YESSSS!!!!! All the time. Most often this happens in the form of me thinking about things in a way where I am describing to someone(s). Sometime's it's about wanting to instill insight, and sometimes ask like "...why?" Like just why does that exist? For example, I typed in (before it was officially known, although I suspected) "Hannah Graham murder or accident," wondering if the killer had intentions of murder he met her that night or he had raped her and a situation arose from which murder was the outcome. Up came on article and I clicked on it. At first I thought the picture was of Hannah, as it was a fairly attractive 20 some year old. Then I realized her shirt said alcohol, guns, and tobacco. She looked sexual. Hmm.. I don't know what kinda fucking article this is going to be but he better not blame her for being drunk, I thought. It became clear quickly that I was about to lose all faith in humanity, yet I turned to anger other than utter despair (at least in the moment) and continued reading.

In short, a human being decided to take advantage of a girl's murder to point out why everyone should have guns, especially girls, girls should not go out at night, especially alone, and all girls need to be taught this mind set. Further more, he went on to boast as to why he was a superior farther and his daughters were superior as a result. They wouldn't be "foolish" enough to let a man rape and murder them. Worst of all, he blamed the poor girl's grieving dad, accusing him of failing to teach his daughter common sense, implying good parenting guarentees such tragedies will not occur.

I just kinda sat there, dying inside, wondering "How?" "Why" and such.

Looking for answers (and feeling somewhat dissociated) I went inloring (internet exploring) and found the man's free e books. If anyone is curious about the article the name townhall or something was in the websites name, include the words Hannah Graham as well. I can't link it being a blewbie. Doug Giles is the human beings name. I say human being because I need to remind myself of this fact. He has some faith losing shit on Amazon too. I advise you not to read it if you are not currently feeling angry or depressed.

The most intense thought out conversations with people are when I imagine going back in time, not usually like oh I wished I said that the other day, but back to when I was a child. Oh boy oh boy oh boy, what funsies I would have xD I won't go into details cuz it would never end.

I might of said this but I imagine asking people questions all the time.

The child hood instances involve specific people and situations that I've personally experienced. The majority of the other types of these thoughts involve people I do not know well or at all. When I was younger I'd more often play out conversations and scenarios (especially about boys I liked =D) but nowadays it's usually not in a planned conversation including scenarios but instead questioning one thus some specifics being unknown.

Man, it's nice there are places to admit this shit.

there are lots of explanations to paracusia, not all of them stemming from mental illness; high caffeine intake, for instance.

as long as your life isn't being crippled by paranoia and intrusive thoughts, you don't really need to worry.

its worse when you lived through the situation in your head - then when the reality appears it throws me big time

I think i take this one step further, i think as one person in my mind and verbally respond as myself.. which creates a dialogue between myself and said person surrounding a past, present or impending situation. It's my way of understanding myself in relation to the other person.. for past conversations i replay it in my mind wondering how i could of said it better and for conversations that havn't happened i do it imagining how it might play out.

I also have conversations with myself about whatever is causing an issue in my life, it's my way of working out a resolution. This is not that uncommon to people pepping themselves up before a big interview or confrontation..

I think it's also a sign your very tuned into your subconscious and are acutely aware of yourself. It's never bothered me and probably never will.

I think i take this one step further, i think as one person in my mind and verbally respond as myself.. which creates a dialogue between myself and said person surrounding a past, present or impending situation. It's my way of understanding myself in relation to the other person.. for past conversations i replay it in my mind wondering how i could of said it better and for conversations that havn't happened i do it imagining how it might play out.

I also have conversations with myself about whatever is causing an issue in my life, it's my way of working out a resolution. This is not that uncommon to people pepping themselves up before a big interview or confrontation..

I think it's also a sign your very tuned into your subconscious and are acutely aware of yourself. It's never bothered me and probably never will.

I do the exact same things 8o

I have schitzoaffective disorder (I'm on medication for it) and I often find myself lost within the "internal" voices in my mind. I usually plan out how I'm going to have conversations with other people by using these "internal" voices as proxies of the real people I'm going to talk to.

I drive myself out of my mind with this. Sometimes the very first thing that comes out of my mouth in the morning is me responding to an argument I'm having with someone in my head. It causes me anxiety and really ruins my mood sometimes because I will really, really piss myself off over something hypothetical. Run-ins I've had in the past, like with my mother, or a guy I had a fight with, or a past band mate that I had a falling out with, or whatever, I'll just start going over situations that have either already happened and I'm reliving it, or something that could potentially happen and I'm playing it out. I think about it, and then I start to verbally talk to myself in response to the horrible things that are being said to me by this person in my head.

If I didn't feel crazy 5 minutes ago, now I do.