Having a hard time being without marijuana

Ok first off, I understand your pain. Cannabis is a drug I’ve used nearly every day since a child. I get up in the middle of the night to take hits for gods sakes lol, ok it’s a really bad..

So let’s go over some legal options...

The best plant I’ve tried which is legal and close to cannabis is Salvia nemorosa. It works amazing for cannabis withdrawal/cravings. It has a few different substances in it, b-Caryophyllene which hits on Cb2 but not Cb1. As well as apigenin (sedative found in plants like chamomile) and others likely under discovered. It’s like Suboxone for cannabis truly.

Other close Salvia strains can work too but I’d have to look back at my notes. Obviously not divinorum ;)

Which brings me to my next point, you can buy b-Caryophyllene pure which may be the most active constituent in S. Nemorosa, idk...

Find yourself this plant and then take fresh leaves and quid them in your lip, swallow or spit the liquid doesn’t matter. Switch out some fresh leaves after 10–15min. I usually feel it good after the first round of leaves but if your fiending you can do more. Really really helps.

-GC

I would start at 10mg and go from there.
Thanks, that was the plan I had as well, maybe even lower just to see what it does. I bought it on a whim actually, saw one trial where they put a bunch of women with fibromyalgia on it, results were inconclusive but I was like sure, that's enough for me, who cares. Read more about it and it's supposed to help with a lot of problems relating to cannabis cessation, restores mood, cognition, rhythm and sleep, stimulates ghrelin, etc.

I also need to drink shakes daily really, but just milk will do it too. A liter is about 500 calories already, lot's of vitamins and good fats, plenty of sugar as well. Sorry for the lactose intolerant, but it's a good way to gain or stay on weight.

Thanks, that was the plan I had as well, maybe even lower just to see what it does. I bought it on a whim actually, saw one trial where they put a bunch of women with fibromyalgia on it, results were inconclusive but I was like sure, that's enough for me, who cares. Read more about it and it's supposed to help with a lot of problems relating to cannabis cessation, restores mood, cognition, rhythm and sleep, stimulates ghrelin, etc.

I also need to drink shakes daily really, but just milk will do it too. A liter is about 500 calories already, lot's of vitamins and good fats, plenty of sugar as well. Sorry for the lactose intolerant, but it's a good way to gain or stay on weight.

Some types of whey isolate have basically no lactose.
Most lactose intolerant people will be able to handle it.

Last edited:

qft.. i drink so much of this.. it can and does grow a cow.

eat nuts. put them on your counter. it’s my strategy when i’m starving from depression. a few handfuls a day makes a huge difference. the omega mix from trader joe’s is my favorite.

remeron/mirtazapine will make you eat. my psych — back when i had a good one — prescribed it to me when i was wasting away. my current psych is fine continuing it and thinks it’s for sleep. some people do find it very sedating; isn’t the case for me. might actually help with depression as well.

if you give up pot for good your appetite won’t depend on it. but that doesn’t help when you lose your appetite for other reasons.

i’m currently tightening my watch a notch every week. you have my empathy. i have mixed nuts on my counter. trust me. find one, a mix, a brand, whatever you like and force a few handfuls a day. don't eat one at a time. take a whole handful and chew until it's gone, even if it's like sand.

fruit is easy to eat for nutrients, even when you're not hungry. expensive though.

fruit for nutrients. nuts for calories.

who is the animated lost child in your avatar?

I'm currently struggling through cannabis withdrawals too. Which surprised the hell out of me, because I had no idea cannabis even caused withdrawals, and I've never had them before despite being an on-and-off heavy smoker for the better part of 15yrs :oops: I've smoked large amounts of incredibly high quality bud multiple times daily for the last year and half or so (a relative has a bunch of disabilities and is a MMJ patient, he grows his own and is one of those kinds of geeks that gets super involved in whatever his special interest is at the time, that's been growing the very best bud around for the last few years and whewboy lemme tell ya, he's got it down to a fine art, hybridizing designer strains and all, then just gives me a hugeass bag of like 100g a few times a year just to share the love), I more than tripled my use for about 6 months as I approached the tail end of my Xanax and Suboxone tapers, then the subsequent withdrawal, I just stayed stoned all day for weeks. I freaked out when I started feeling sweaty and achy, bad headaches, diarrhea, nausea, extreme anxiety/fear/dread/panic all the time, disrupted sleep, crazy nightmares, couldn't eat... It was like the opiate WDs were back, didn't know what was happening! This shit is nuts, I honestly didn't think weed was capable of something like this. I got some Baclofen, jesus take the wheel that stuff is great for WDs. Short term only, I know, I'm not gonna use it for more than a week or two, there's no fucking way I want to end up swapping benzos and opiates for weed then weed for Baclofen, but it's hands down the best for those unshakable feelings of fear and panic and despair, I feel totally normal again when I take it. I'm munching sandwiches washed down with a smoothie while putting my fresh laundry away after going for a run and feeling more like myself than I have in years, when an hour earlier I was hiding in my room contemplating pissing in a bottle so I don't have to risk interacting with my housemate who's in the kitchen because I was 5hrs into a non-stop panic attack and don't know how to Person anymore lmao.

I decided to post before reading all of the thread, so apologies if its already been discussed. But theres no reason you cant be without cannabis if you are being tested for whatever reason.

Cannabis is illegal In my state, but hemp is not. You can buy cbd containing flower, but it can contain trace amounts of thc which will show up on urinalysis. But there are products such as cbd shatter, and cbg shatter/oils that can at least help with many of the reasons you enjoyed cannabis. The cbg one is an interesting experience. Ask whoever requires your tests if its ok to smoke cbd containing marijuana, for whatever ailment you decide, as if im not mistaken, it is 100% legal nation wide.

Maybe explain that if you are allowed to use that, then you are much more likely to stay clean and do it right.