Having a hard time being without marijuana

stellablue

Bluelight Crew
It's always been the one drug that actually helps my anxiety and my inability to eat. I have an issue where I was put on probation. I am now not supposed to smoke marijuana.😕 It is the only drug I actually need that helps me. I am a tiny person and when I don't smoke I can't eat. I was wondering if anyone else has been in my situation and what they did to function lol. I am really struggling without it.

Sorry to hear they got you roped up in the system stella. Exercise can really help with anxiety and should increase your appetite nicely.

So sorry for your troubles. What about edibles? Is that an option for you?

I can't eat without it either, first thing I do when I wake up is light up. It's because it has an effect on ghrelin which is an appetite stimulating hormone, I don't make any without cannabis at this point I guess.

There's various stuff you can take to induce appetite, if you want to turn to medication that is. I did, but I'm still on the weed so eh, I don't know if it works as well. Various (cortico)steroids induce appetite the same way, I bought some ibutamoren as it's perfect for that, but haven't tried it yet. Prednisone is another example and a lot more easily available, but also antipsychotics or some early tricyclic anti-depressants. Anti-histamines or calcium channel blockers like gabapentin and pregabalin work too and might be a bit more recreational, but maybe not as functional.

It all doesn't work as fast as the weed though, that's light up, finish whatever you're smoking and 5 mins later you're ready to eat, almost. Yeah I don't know. :(

Is there anyway you can indicate where you live? For instance, I have a medical marijuana card issued by my state. I would put up a bit of a stink if I had a card from a doctor's recommendation. I'd love for my current employer to come after me. It would very much please me to be a landmark case in my state. There isn't a major law firm around that wouldn't take that case pro bono. Who knows, it may happen but OP I wish you luck and feel your pain. Hang in there.

I am in South Carolina so it is definitely not legal not even edibales. I am just trying to figure it out but I am really struggling.

Hm. Maybe have a look here:
What about high-calorie shakes? Are there any you like?

Not sure. I am tryimg to find a good detox to be able to continue to smoke. I just can't mess this up. Any suggestions?

I've struggled with weight gaining and also use marijuana for medicating this issue so I understand some of the difficulties you might be going through. It really sucks that you can't use during this time period, sorry to hear about your situation.

Mr Peabody makes a good suggestion with high calorie shakes. They really have helped me put on a few pounds when needed but it is also necessary for me to get some exercise when drinking the high protein shakes otherwise it's possible that they will cause me to lose more weight. This is due to the fact that if no exercise is performed the proteins can cause diarrhea which in turn will cause me to lose weight. You don't need to over-work your body, but SOME exercise is very important when drinking these high protein drinks.

Your situation really is difficult but with some effort in either making shakes or purchasing pre made protein shakes and getting regular exercise you have a fighting chance.

Not sure. I am tryimg to find a good detox to be able to continue to smoke. I just can't mess this up. Any suggestions?
Bluelight doesn't allow drug testing questions, so in terms of something that will allow you to pass a drug test but keep consuming cannabis, we can't really discuss that here. You can try sites like this which allow discussion of such topics. I would ask yourself if the consequences of testing dirty is going to be worth getting stoned.

As far as the physical symptoms, they should start to subside in a few weeks. It can be pretty uncomfortable at times, but the symptoms can largely be mitigated through physical and mental exercise. Start your day early with exercise and stay busy through out the day, making use of your free time with things like exercise, reading or practicing music. Eat at the first sign of hunger even if you have to force it down. Eating on regular intervals will help stimulate natural appetite. Being social with people who aren't getting stoned can be very effective in taking your mind off of getting stoned as well.

Bluelight doesn't allow drug testing questions, so in terms of something that will allow you to pass a drug test but keep consuming cannabis, we can't really discuss that here. You can try sites like this which allow discussion of such topics. I would ask yourself if the consequences of testing dirty is going to be worth getting stoned.
You are right. I should have known better. Sorry I was a little tipsy from drinking. I am not a big drinker it's just the only legal thing I had at the moment lol.🤦 😂

How long have you been forced off?
Its been almost 2 weeks. 😔
What about high-calorie shakes? Are there any you like?
Do you know of a shake that works best. I love vanilla flavor. I usually put a bannana in with the shake as I blend it. Just really ended up losing weight instead of the weight gain. I am about to go buy and try Pro Performance® Weight Gainer - Vanilla Ice Cream contains 50 grams of high-quality protein per shake. Its sold at the GNC store. Has anyone else tried this product for weight gain.

Last edited:
Don't lose heart.. Things will get better. The withdrawal off cannabis is mild but persistent as its stored and released in fat that's stored. So depending on how you took it your levels should bottom out soon. Then your brain will reset. I'm pro MJ for most people and have seen close friends struggle in the last few years with forced withdrawals from unlimited supply wax use. Its a hard drug.

So your only two weeks in.. so possibly only two weeks away from the relief you need. Exercise increases brain plasticity, drives neurotransmitter production and stabilization, reduces anxiety and makes a person look and feel great. It also makes drug use feel so much better. Its a cant lose situation.

Don't lose heart.. Things will get better. The withdrawal off cannabis is mild but persistent as its stored and released in fat that's stored. So depending on how you took it your levels should bottom out soon. Then your brain will reset. I'm pro MJ for most people and have seen close friends struggle in the last few years with forced withdrawals from unlimited supply wax use. Its a hard drug.

So your only two weeks in.. so possibly only two weeks away from the relief you need. Exercise increases brain plasticity, drives neurotransmitter production and stabilization, reduces anxiety and makes a person look and feel great. It also makes drug use feel so much better. Its a cant lose situation.
^ That's what I am hoping for. I can deal without the buzz, I may not like it but can suck it up. My biggest worry is the inability to eat. 😞
Hopefully like you said it will balance out in 2 more weeks. Thanks for your encouragement. Its been a while, several years actually, since you and I talked last. I am really sad to see how many bluelights that have passed since I was away. Good to see the ones that are still around. I have missed you guys. 💞

Stay away from ensure drinks they are full of terrible ingredients, I wrote a medical journal about them and how giving them to patients on hospice was almost like assisted suicide. Yes they are that bad.

I would recommend Odwalla / Naked Protein shakes, or your own powder. Yes high in sugar but at least natural ingredients.

I’d also recommend a few supplements:

NAC
Magnesium Chelated
CoQ10
High dose Fish Oil

Don’t underestimate natural supplements!! They saved my life.

best of luck

^ I really appreciate the heads up about natural supplements. I am going to read up on them. It is interesting to know for me especially at this time. I am definitely going to give them a try. Thank you OpiateKiller. 💞

I would personally recommend just using a protein isolate, like whey, and add other things like carbs and fats if you'd like. Pre-made shakes tend to be pretty expensive compared to making them yourself. It's much more affordable in the long run to buy a decent blender and add things like frozen fruit, peanut butter, coconut oil, milk, oatmeal, or whatever to your protein shake. Then you can also adjust it as you go if you want more/less protein/fat/carbs. Adding supplements like multivitamin and fish oil(like opiate killer suggest) can really help if you are struggling to eat enough, as you probably won't be getting all your micronutrients(vitamins and minerals).

For shakes, and general calorie counting, keep track of your macronutrients(macros) which are carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Carbs have 4 calories per gram, proteins also have 4 calories per gram, and fats have 9 calories per gram. The average person needs to eat roughly 2000 calories per day to maintain, roughly 360 calories(90grams) need to come from protein to maintain health, or around 1gram per 1lb of body weight if trying to build muscle. Eating at 500 calorie surplus will put on roughly 1lb per week. But note, if you are tracking daily weight, expect normal fluctuations(+/-5+lbs) in weight(even if you are losing or gaining weight).

I can't eat without it either, first thing I do when I wake up is light up. It's because it has an effect on ghrelin which is an appetite stimulating hormone, I don't make any without cannabis at this point I guess.

There's various stuff you can take to induce appetite, if you want to turn to medication that is. I did, but I'm still on the weed so eh, I don't know if it works as well. Various (cortico)steroids induce appetite the same way, I bought some ibutamoren as it's perfect for that, but haven't tried it yet. Prednisone is another example and a lot more easily available, but also antipsychotics or some early tricyclic anti-depressants. Anti-histamines or calcium channel blockers like gabapentin and pregabalin work too and might be a bit more recreational, but maybe not as functional.

It all doesn't work as fast as the weed though, that's light up, finish whatever you're smoking and 5 mins later you're ready to eat, almost. Yeah I don't know. :(

25mg IBUTAMOREN is WAY stronger than weed at inducing appetite.
I would start at 10mg and go from there.

I’m pro marijuana. I can’t use anymore because it throws me into a major panic attack. I have no appetite either mainly because of all the crap I’ve dealt with since 2017.

I’m so sorry you got into legal trouble, I believe you need it, however youhave to endure until you can use again.

The Nation is going into the direction of completely making MJ legal. I don’t know how soon but it’s getting there.
To those like your self I believe it helps. Some days I wished I could smoke a bowl but I haven’t been a chronic user since 06 and every time I’ve ever tried it it’s freakin hellish.
Just hang in there. I’m here if you need to PM me.