• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Have you tripped in a sacred/occult place?

^ hey man that sounds much like the min min lights that occur in Australia, I really want to see one

great topic. hell, ive made a career out of tripping in sacred places:D I spent a couple of years traipsing around latin america and taking in all the classic sights. I am a mycologist by training so of course went thru the motions, hitting all the big locations. Funny how you can find cubensis at any of the mayan cities and temples and depending on the time of the year the attentive eye will come across mexicana, caerulescens, etc. I must say spending the night on tikals temple IV while faced on fresh mushrooms redefined holy for me :D You can see the tops of the other temples peaking out above the rainforest canopy...they used to communicate via signal fires. Stunning! And picking and taking fresh peyotl in real de catorce reeks of a well developed relationship extending back several thousand years. Its all about context!! The first time i smoked NN DMT was at palenque during one of the ethnobotany seminars of the late 90's, surrounded by my heroes. Fuck yeah! And LSD at teotihucan, straddling the temple of the sun, and visions of piles of human hearts on the sacrificial slab upon which i perched, meditating...or smoking fresh bufo alvarius venom around a midnight campfire outside the clffside dwellings at canyon de chelly....mmmmm! I then got into I.M. ketamine, doing it just about everywhere. Pretty fun to hole up in your sleeping bag, nestled in the crook of some indian temple, just hoping someone doesnt stumble across you. In retrospect, location doesnt seem so paramount with k but the idea was fun.....I always felt i was some sort of beacon, broadcasting the flurries of information from the slipstream into outerspace, while bobsledding thru time in my bedroll. Heh. And 2C-B, despite its lack of mental heavies, always has a place in my rucksack due to its functionality and amazing visual enhancement. 2C-B at the at the sistine chapel? Did it and got the fucking t shirt! And lets not forget burning man.....despite all of the naked hippies everywhere i must say it is incredible to be camping in the desert arranged in geometric circles around a giant man ON FIRE with 30,000 other psychonauts. wow. One year me and about 500 others all simultaneously smoked DMT in a giant circle right as the man exploded in prismatic pyrotechnics..during those 8 minutes i founded a religion and a civilization but forget it on my exit from hyperspace.....heh. carry on...

not very sacred - just standard- but the first time I did K I was still on it when I had to go to church for a funeral - was pretty funny...just went there kinda in a stupor and ate loads :)

Mr. Tambourine Man said:
I felt at one point as though I could see the belief as a tangible flow of energy

Yeah I've often had this thought as well, especially when I've read religious themed books or webpages when I'm stoned. I think organized religion, on a deep level, has to do with the collective pooling of human Will and Intention, toward manifesting a favorable outcome from the universe. Like any tool, this can be used for creative or destructive purposes.

This is a great thread -- I'm a little jealous of many of your experiences. I hope to someday use LSD by myself in a sacred place, especially one that I find particularly moving and thought provoking in its general ambience. I'd want to make sure I wouldn't have to interact with anyone sober, and could just kind of do my own thing, I think -- getting left alone to meditate on a cushion, or in a pew to pray, is fine by me.

I think I'd find this use more 'fitting' to me than LSD use in a social or recreational setting. Not that I haven't had a blast at some parties on it, but I'm just more interested in psychedelics as shaman's tools, rather than head toys.

^ hey man that sounds much like the min min lights that occur in Australia, I really want to see one

Make them yourself; I think their car headlights refracteing off cloudz or something....

Transform your room into an altar by chanting the names of 33 angels- thats a trippy :):)

The Cave of Chauvet in France contains some really weird loopy drawings....said to be created either post-hallucinogenia or due to higher carbon dioxide levels in the cave.

I'm never convinced that the art of ancient peoples was definitely inspired by psychedelic substances. It seems possible to me that our minds being cluttered with the input from high population density, electrically generated light & sound & many other forms of distraction are not as open as theirs may have been. I'm unsure but I'd have thought that they'd have spent a considerable amount of time alone in nature which strikes me as having similarities to the lifestyle of an old fashioned tribal shaman.
In a cave in the dark alone = sensory deprivation/isolation = imagination freer from constraints. Add to that the liklihood that such people were likely to be more attuned/familiar with such states & I think that it's at least as valid an idea as the "cavemen dropped acid :D theory".