• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Have you tripped in a sacred/occult place?

andreas

Bluelighter
Has anyone tripped in a Pyramid, gothic cathedral or some place like stonehenge and how was it. Did you feel anything spectacular

Without going to far into it,these clever Masons knew a thing or two: the royal and sacred cubit,the Earth circumference, the megalithic yard, every temple and sacred site on Earth marks the intersection of magnetic pathways(remember they had no magnetometers).Water taken from sacred sites and analysed under a microscope displays millions of tiny vortices in motion. The Russians placed volunteers in gothic cathedrals and had Gregorian chants played,EEG showed brain activity at 4000% above waking state. Many people believe that these places where built as places for altered consciousness, hence the name alters.

We trip to obtain a greater understanding /consciousness. I wonder if these occult builders had ever used things like mushrooms in these places

oh yeah Napoleon spent a whole night in the great pyramid of Giza and when he looked in the mirror he ran out screaming... Fuck I'm busting to give it a try...can anyone lend me a few gram lol

Last edited:
the earth's magnetic pathways are constantly drifting... in fact within the next 1500 years it's expected that the poles will switch. So how can we know that these sites were situated under these "intersections of magnetic pathways"? What even are those?

Regardless, those sites are beautifully designed and would certainly evoke a profound sense of depth, reverency, and mysticism, and I'd love to have a chance to trip around one without the tourists.

Hmm, I think it was Alesiter Crowley that spent a night in the Great Pyramid; he also chanelled his "Book of the Law" in Egypt. I find the topic interesting, but I don't know why extra magnetic current or such would make a place more "occult". My bedroom can be pretty occult at times ;) That said, I certainly believe the layers between consensus reality are 'thin' at points. Egypt is likely such a place; dunno about stonehenge and the so-called 'ley lines' which traverse the earth; connected points can be made in any complex system. That said, I wouldn't dismiss the possibilty of vastly disparate regions being connected; the celts were spread through a lot of Europe at some point....

Also, I doubt altered and the word altar have any connection besides a phonetic one. As to the chanting raising brain activity, I'd say it was the actual tones and feelings invoked which made the differnce (set and setting- set being religious, setting being a cathedral)....I mean, I find myself chanting and throat-singing when tripping; it feels utterly right.

Obviously if the place has some kind of incredibly interesting history,
Time itself is going to make the essence of that place incredibly different from anywhere else on earth.

I know for a fact there have been times i've been tripping out in areas of forest, that no one has been in for hundreds of years. If I'm Mistaken, i would really like to be shown otherwise.

I find places that have had relatively very little human contact, hold an extra magical "feel" in the air while you are tripping out there.

Another thing i would like to note is.

Any music, that i have NEVER listened to before, if i listen to it while tripping out.
It seems very much like uncharted territory.

This is something i have wanted to do. *Trip in a cave where cave men used to live. Where there are paintings on the walls. Would be mystical and mind boggling to think that your long lost humans lived and died there. Guess it would be an interesting outlook of humanity analyzing that once there was the people that more than likely created you millinea ago.

I took an anthro class called, "altered states of consciousness", and one section pretty much explained how cave paintings came from dreams and PDs. :D

I would love to trip on Psilocybes at Newgrange.

newgrange-entrance-slab.jpg

Seems the Druids already beat me to it :D

Last edited:
I took an anthro class called, "altered states of consciousness", and one section pretty much explained how cave paintings came from dreams and PDs. :D

The Cave of Chauvet in France contains some really weird loopy drawings....said to be created either post-hallucinogenia or due to higher carbon dioxide levels in the cave.

I have tripped quite a bit in museums and been in re-assembled ancient Egyptian and Hindu temples, looked at Mayan and Aztec artifacts, giant buddhas, etc.

I can say that sacred images...especially patterns, are really intense for me on psychedelics. Keeping in mind that I am not a very spiritual or mystical-leaning individual, looking at some ancient sacred patterns (especially Mayan and Aztec ones) can give me a really queer intense feeling both physical and mental. This is especially true on tryptamines.

It is a long-time dream of mine to trip on mushrooms at the ruins of Pompeii.

I hate hate hate acid b/c I had a bad trip the first time I took it. I don't know if a Dave Matthews band concert in Hartford counts as a sacred place...probably not.

But I used to live in Israel and I have rolled in what many would consider a sacred country.
I was at a concert at the base of Massada on E and I have taken E in the Negev Desert.

The one time that I went to an actual "sacred place" with the specific purpose of going there on drugs was when I wandered through the old city of Jerusalem on MDMA.

I first walked along the old city's wall, which surround the Old City from Modern Jerusalem. I went to the Kotel, which is where the Wailing Wall is. Above that is the Al Aksa and the Dome of the Rock Masques. When I was younger I had actually been inside both, but that was 15 years ago and since the 2000 Intifada only Muslims can go on top of the Temple upon which the Masques are built.

I also walked along the stations of the Cross to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, which was built around the cave where Jesus was said to have been entombed and then came back to life.

Anyone familiar with Jerusalem's Old City can probably picture where all of these places are, but all of these holy site are very close to each other.

I suck at writing trip reports, but let me try to explain some of what it was like.

The experience was great, of course, but I didn't experience anything unexpected or mystical, or anything that was surprising because at this point I basically understand--in abstract terms--why MDMA makes me think the things I do. So it isn't as though I thought I was having some sort of a transcendent experience when I knew it was just synapsis firing on overdrive and extra chemicals being pumped out and being soaked up by receptors and such.

That said, it was quite an experience to roll in a place which has influenced Christianity, Islam and Judaism so much. I got kick out of the fact that I was supposedly standing precisely where the founders of the three of the most important religions on the planet had walked thousands of years ago, and that I was in a place who's history has influenced the world's history and billions of people. The best way to put it is that on MDMA, I felt much more genial about the place than normal.

I'm Jewish but I don't really believe in God, and I'm certainly not what you would call religious. I have been impressed by all of what I mentioned above before while not on drugs. But, as one would suspect, it was certainly a deeper and more impressive experience while rolling on MDMA.

And btw, I enjoy rolling in the daytime. It's quite underrated. It's been a while since taking MDMA, and I wouldn't go out of my way to find any, but if I come across it again soon I'd indulge again for sure.

I took LSD at Alex Grey's Chapel of Sacred Mirrors in Manhattan and it was one of the most intense, meaningful and profound experiences i've ever had.

I hope to take a trip on morning glory seeds in the Haigha Sophia or Blue Mosque while I'm in the area. If I do, I'll tell everyone how it goes.

uh yeah i was frying on sid in a christian church some day last summer..tho i'm not religious it made things tolerable at least so i wasn't put to sleep by the neon colors coming out at me from all directions off the stage :)

first sid trip was in vegas...good shit..definitely a sacred place right? pharoas and strippers, ha..12hr mad hatter motherfucker, laughing crying, went to a concert partied with ladies..never forgot never will. good times man

anyway i was eating lucy like candy all last summer, sometimes daily, so it wasn't like it was any big thrill. i prefer driving on it cause i focus better, as long as i stay under heroic doses and not getting kaleidoscopic visuals.. that might complicate things a bit <3

peace

I've been to two Easter Sunday services on mushrooms at the same chuch. Both were in this huge cathedral and completely left me breathless. Again, their whole get-up and to-do was extravagant, and there was already a huge collective conscious that seemed to be the audiance acting together (as is typical to large church services). But this one was good, not creepy. I love that combination!

Last edited:
But this one was good, not creepy.

I grew up catholic and for the first time in a long while I went into a church; it was my cousin's wedding.

I was reminded of how much I despised the church. The priest is so phoney, annoying, and condescending.

The church is also really grandiose, menacing and creepy. One of my nieces ended up crying and had to leave because she was scared from the vibe of the place. I don't blame her.

That's awesome that you found a good one.

I have a conflict in me because in one sense I like the church; it paved the way for part of my spirituality and I have a nostalgic connection to it because it's all about the old way, the way I grew up with. I used to feel a real sense of unity and connection to people in a church, especially on those really comforting times such as christmas eve mass.

It makes me sad to leave something I grew up with and love behind but now I find it just weird, creepy, ego-centric, and just messed up.

After my cousin's wedding I made the choice that I'm definitely not going to have a catholic wedding.

Being on a psychedelic in a church; I think I would just start laughing and walk right out. :)

Ya, the first year I originally planned to spend Easter tripping in my former city's botanical gardens all morning. But they had some function going on in them, which had a ton of police presence and I just didn't like being around it. So I was going to go back home, and on the walk I came across a cathedral playing really nice music, with a choir and stuff. So I walked in and took a seat in the back row. I think this was the second time I'd ever been to a church service, as I was raised secular. But it was just really profound I guess, and because it was the first time I really saw organized relgion in a good light. I get that profoudnessess from shrooms, though, not the giggles like others describe. I got the same empathy for everyone as I do at raves and such. It just seemed incredibly powerful, even though I wasn't a believer, almost like a "mankind's beautiful creation" type of mentality. Again, like a rave for sober and tame people. I think I did get lucky, ya, because this church was amazing. The only awkward part was when people would try to talk to me.

I think that the stonehenge would be a really crazy place to eat some LSD or something.
stonehenge-1.jpg

There is something called the Georgia Guidestones in my state that i have wanted to go out and see for a while....

Its basically 4 huge granite slabs which each have 10 statements on how to rebuild society after the apocolypse in various languages.... Only one man knows the identity of the person who funded the project, and he has sworn to take that secrete with him to the grave....

Also it functions as a clock, a compass, and a caleneder....

The christian people have said its the 10 commandments of the antichrist.... There have been no real human sacrifices, although its believed a few chickens were slaughtered by some occult people....

It has a couple of hippie testaments in it....

georgiaguidestones.jpg

Its on land that is open to the public in the highest place of town in some cowfield....

Shambhala is a very sacred place. Going there with my wife and friends and tripping out for days and days on end culminated in a ++++ state that lasted for a whole week.

Having rituals to surround the psychedelic experience makes it sooo much more powerful. Having a guide, or an elder to show you the ropes has the potential to send you MUCH farther into outer space than you can fly on your own.