• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Have you tried coffee and poppy seed tea?

Interesting 7 nos I know this is OT but what dosage of exam would you add ? The potentiation effect goes for every stimulant and is most extreme with coke.(the famous speed ball)

However I think the dxm effect you described is more analogue to what happens with alcohol and opioids . It greatly increases effects including respiratory depression (note the stimulants increase everything but respiratory depression)
But also reduces the half life a lot!

I usually dose 60-90mg dxm for solid potentiation.(Coricidin cough and cold, not pure dxm powder) That get's me to the first plateua, which like you said has stimulant properties..

I'm loving the input here! I had no idea caffeine potentiates analgesia. I've been having some great times with PST. You can't beat that dreamy feeling during the day and nodding gives me the greatest night of sleep, especially after recently going through weeks of insomnia. I'm out like a light with this stuff. I wake up feeling refreshed instead of miserable. Hopefully I have enough to order more seeds and I will continue to experiment with morphine/caffeine. The way it melts anxiety away is incredible and I also toss in some benzos with it which I wouldn't recommend to anyone. That's just shit I do sometimes.

You'd think the fx of the poppy seeds would help with any anxiety attacks
Well with pst you're getting many other alkaloids other than morphine and codeine, particularly thebaine. Thebaine has stimulant properties, and these can cause anxiety. And you never know what alkaloids, or how many of each, you're going to get with pst or ppt, it's a guessing game.

I dont think that its that hard to avoid ODing. Just drink the tea slowly, that way you will be able to gauge how potent it is. Thats what I do and ive never had a problem.

That's good. I do things to the max which is a problem. I'm not going to sit around and wait and wait to see if it works. I gulp that shit down at once. I learned my lesson. I found a good dose though so I still just gulp it down. I had to find the right dose the hard way though. Your way is safer. I'm just impatient.

Well with pst you're getting many other alkaloids other than morphine and codeine, particularly thebaine. Thebaine has stimulant properties, and these can cause anxiety. And you never know what alkaloids, or how many of each, you're going to get with pst or ppt, it's a guessing game.

This is the problem exactly. It's a guessing game. Someone asked me how much to use. That's not a precise answer. You're basically gambling with your life. Guess the wrong amount and sorry, you're dead.

I recently had PST for a week straight. I felt good so I didn't notice how my bowels weren't moving until I ran out. I literally could not go no matter how hard I tried. I forgot how opiates clog you up. I had no choice but to take matters into my own hands to get the blockage out. It was either that or go to the ER and have a stranger shove a hand up my arse. How embarrassing. I'm good now after removing it. Just a reminder to take laxatives while on this shit or any other opiate. I have no desire to buy more. Taking a long break.

Hi CoastTwoCoast. Usually I don't recommend doing drugs, but since you are struggling with PST right now, I'd think you should give Kratom a try. Causes a lot less constipation and the preparation is a lot less demanding. It seems it is not banned until July in 2017, but that is not for sure, yet.

I recently had PST for a week straight. I felt good so I didn't notice how my bowels weren't moving until I ran out. I literally could not go no matter how hard I tried. I forgot how opiates clog you up. I had no choice but to take matters into my own hands to get the blockage out. It was either that or go to the ER and have a stranger shove a hand up my arse. How embarrassing. I'm good now after removing it. Just a reminder to take laxatives while on this shit or any other opiate. I have no desire to buy more. Taking a long break.

Must have been an acrobatic experience. %)

Hi CoastTwoCoast. Usually I don't recommend doing drugs, but since you are struggling with PST right now, I'd think you should give Kratom a try. Causes a lot less constipation and the preparation is a lot less demanding. It seems it is not banned until July in 2017, but that is not for sure, yet.

Heya! I'm not struggling with PST. It's just something I take a week here and there. My main addiction is still benzos. If I were really desperate and going through withdrawals from PST, I would go to Kratom. Kratom doesn't give me a high anymore, but it's great for opiate withdrawal.

The assholes are really going to ban it? That makes me way too upset.

Awww, no problem. It's good to know actually. Kratom doesn't kill anyone. Instead of them trying to ban it, they should stick to dealing with the heroin issue and morons ordering fentanyl off the internet, dying left and right.

Whoah. I hope you used gloves.

I completely disagree with you about using laxatives when dealing with opiate constipation. IME, that only causes severe stomach pain. I'd recommend taking psyllium husk supplements like Metamucil. However, you want to slowly start taking it. If you just jump into a large dose when you're constipated it'll cause stomach pain just like the laxatives do.

Thanks for that advice. Or maybe something like Colace? My point is just for everyone to remember to take something for your bowels while taking opiates because when it gets that bad, it's a nightmare. Oh, Epsom salt had me trying to go, but it still wouldn't come out because of blockage, but I just remembered at least a couple teaspoons of Epsom salt at least got things trying to go. It works really quick too. So I need to do the Epsom salt whenever I take it again before things get too fucked up like before. Or Metamucil.

Last edited:
A lot of people think that poppyseed TV doesn't work or that it doesn't have the potency needed. It most definitely does work you just have to know what you're doing. First of all unwashed poppyseeds have trace amounts of morphine, codeine, and thebaine. So your most definitely going to get the same effects from that of heroin. I've experimented long-term with poppyseed tea and the constipation is one of the worst ones. Myself I just grunt it out and get it over with. But I've been using opiates for 16 years or so so I can pass most of anything. The main thing is that you eat foods that are going to complement your digestive track as opposed to slowing it down. Yeah I know that sounds so simple and you probably already knew that but it will help immensely. Give yourself a regular regimen of something like coconut water or coconut, oatmeal, prunes etc. and I mean a regular regimen. As often as you can. Because you can eat more of that laxative type stuff seeing as how the opiates are going to slow you down anyway. It will balance itself out.

Great point! What usually happens when I've done PST is I end up getting the munchies bad, just like on any opiate I've taken before. Then I crave and eat plenty of carbs and junk, actually nothing helpful for my digestive system. So yeah, doing that for a week straight had me all screwed up and trust me, there was no "pushing" through this. It was impossible. So whenever I do it again, I'll be more aware of what I'm eating instead of just grabbing bad food that tastes sooooo good.

PST is not something I'm quick to order all the time and I think last time scared me with the bowel problem. But yeah, you can nod out all day long and that kinda scares me too. It feels great at the right dose when I'm not scared I'm going to die, but man, in retrospect, it's wasting life. It reminds me of those videos I see of junkies in the street nodding, And a recent picture of a mom and dad in the car, completely nodded out on heroin with their baby in the backseat. The mom had to be given Narcan. It's a fucked up picture.

Last edited: