• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Have you tried coffee and poppy seed tea?

CoastTwoCoast

Bluelighter
First of all, do not mess around with just any amount of PST or it will put you in a grave. It almost happened to me the other night. I used the "best brand" and didn't think I used enough to do any damage, but I kept getting higher and higher as hours passed. My nose was itching so bad, I was about to scratch it off. My eyes were blood shot. I felt like I was about to die and probably was. All I could do was pray. At the end, I noticed my hand went into a claw position and I was scared it would be frozen that way. It wasn't, but the fear of my body not being the same or certain organs shutting down kept me awake all night and day. My foot was in a paralyzed state and itched really bad. It's still hard to bend toes, but it's getting better. Just wanted to warn you to please be careful with the amount you take and don't underestimate them "just because they're seeds". This is powerful stuff.

Ok so now that I found the perfect dose from a measuring cup, I drink down the bitter tea and start floating. I nod out way too fast and fall asleep. I bet I could sleep through a war, that's how peaceful it is. There's nothing wrong with this if you're ready to go to bed, but what if you want to stay up and enjoy the high? Not just sleep it all off? Have any of you taken morphine then had coffee with it? How did it feel? Did you still enjoy the morphine without passing out? Let me know your experience. I'm feeling like I'm wasting a good high by sleeping it away. Thanks.

Caffeine will help keep you awake, but may lessen the analgesic effects.. Get up and be active, it's much easier to nod off if you're just sitting around.

I usually tend to watch TV while nodding or I'll jump in the shower before the nod hits. I don't want to shower while being high. lol It generally just makes me sleepy. I figured the caffeine might kill some of the effects, but hopefully a few sips won't.

There's a fine line between overdoing the tea and underdoing it. I was so pissed off when I tried a lesser dose the other day and nothing happened for hours. I waited and waited. Now I'm thinking I'll take my regular safe dose, but when I start to nod, I'll take a few sips of coffee and see how that feels. It would be awesome to be able to stay awake and feel great from the high. I'll try next time.

Just want to warn you, if you ever do poppy pod tea, be very careful of the dose, it can be much stronger than the residuals you're getting from PST..

Thanks for the warning. I used to make poppy pod tea all the time years ago because the poppies I ordered were cheaper. I also had the mindset that poppy pods would cause a stronger high than seeds, but that's because I hadn't tried seeds before. After almost OD'ing on seeds the other day, my tune has changed. I wouldn't say pods are stronger than seeds. You have to be so careful with both. Seed tea is also much quicker to make instead of grinding up pods and going through that whole process. I'm telling people, don't underestimate seeds or you'll be sorry.

^ Actually, I never came close to OD'ing from pods like I did from seeds. It was very interesting and frightening. I never expected to almost have to go to the ER or die like that.

I found this article that says the morphine combined with the caffeine won't cancel eachother out because they work on different areas. I'm tempted to try this now.

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-when-you-combine-coffee-and-opium

Last edited:
Caffeine potentials analgesia that's the reason for caffeine codeine combination pills. Sheesh they made you a mod? This must be the 3 time is see you posting something incorrect.

Funny I didn't see caffeine in the Ultimate Opioid Potentiation Mega Thread.. Imho they added the caffeine for the exact same reason op needs it.

Pm me other 2, I'll edit them if warranted.

Last edited:
PST and caffeine for me is an instant panic attack. I try to avoid it. But everyone is different.

^ Do you get panic attacks normally? Or are they only induced by that particular combination?

Caffeine potentials analgesia that's the reason for caffeine codeine combination pills. Sheesh they made you a mod? This must be the 3 time is see you posting something incorrect.

Please show some respect.
7nos-SS373dOH is a great mod and didn't get the mod spot for nothing and don't forget, mods are humans too and sometimes make mistakes, just like everyone.
Off topic over.

^ Do you get panic attacks normally? Or are they only induced by that particular combination?

Yes I get panic attacks all the time even from caffeine alone sometimes, but they are particularly intense when I combine pst and caffeine. My first real panic attack was from pst and coffee.

Imbibing caffeine can give you anxiety & mild panic attacks if you have enough of the stimulant. You'd think the fx of the poppy seeds would help with any anxiety attacks but tbf I've only ever smoked opium in a den in S.E. Asia & I purchased some to take back to my room so I could have a piece of opium in coffee in the morning and just before bed. It relaxes me enough to be able to get a good 8 hrs sleep & the morning dose turns the daylight hours into one chilled out dreamy euphoria. I used to ride up towards the Thai/Laos border and sit and admire the mountainous views all around me. What a peaceful experience. My days of going back to North Thailand are over as pharmaceutical quality white smack is available very easily. And I'm not going down that route again.

Caffeine indeed can increase analgesia, but it depends on the kind of pain, it does help with headaches and tooth pain for example (I guess the vasocontriction effects in the brain help with headaches as headache could be caused by vasoconstriction in the brain, followed by strong vasodilation) and increases analgesia around 10%
But it doesn't help with period pains

^ Oh yeah, I do remember caffeine being great for headaches! duh!

But as far as I know it doesn't potentiate opioids by inhibiting enzymes, or mu receptor modulation, like your typical potentiators. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that <-.

You are correct I think it has also to do with as a mild stimulant speeding up metabolism and therefore slightly increasing rate at which they drug is transported across the body to the source of the pain this is a double edged sword as the caffeine also speeds up excretion

I don't think caffeine is vasoconstrictive to a significant degree it's nowhere near as reconstructive as other stimulants such as nicotine or cocaine to me personally

Ah, so you're saying that while it will speed up the time of onset, it will simultaneously shorten the duration of action?

I've noticed this effect somewhat with potentiating with dxm. While dxm certainly increased euphoria, by like 1.5-2x the amount even, my dose only held me for half the amount of time it usually does. I don't start getting wd symptoms for 24 hours after my last dose, and that's like the first signs of wd. (That one tear that gets excreted out of your eye and rolls down your cheek as bastardly reminder that you need your medicine!) But when dxm was taken, I was in full wd after only 12 hours! But I wonder if this phenomenon can shorten the duration in which opioid wds last? I've never gone the full distance to know for certain..

So I normally tell people, yes dxm will potentiate the hell out of your opioids, but only use it if you have more opioids to take, you don't want to use it on your last and final dose..