• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Have you heard of/taken a purely visual drug?

Gnosisseur

Bluelighter
I'm no expert in neurochemistry, so I have no idea how plausible this is... but do you know of any drugs that induce strong visual effects with little or no perceptible change in conscious thought patterns (i.e., you'd feel as clear-headed as you would sober - no chance of "mindfuck")? The reason I ask is that I've noticed that drugs tend to start over-cluttering my mind at doses lower than what I require for strong visuals. I do enjoy the cognitive restructuring of psychedelics and understand that I could stand to work on handling the mindfuck better, but a straight visual drug would serve well as pure recreation by itself and probably fit nicely into a cocktail with a headier chemical.

not realy, but 2c-b has little mind fuck, same with DMT (but dmt is overly visual)

Youkai is definitely on track.

2c-b at lower dosages....12mg-18mg is visual with very little to no mind stimulation.

DMT is also a good one in terms of weird thinking, BUT DMT is very powerful and the visuals are very intense.

Those are really the only two I can give out. I'll be interested to hear any more experiences with visual, but no mind-fuck...because those are the experiences I am after:)

Strangely enough, the one time I tried 2C-B it gave me only basic visuals with more heavily altered thought patterns... I guess I must have had the wrong chemical, or it could have been just that I was very new to drugs

2CB definitely a non contender IMO. 2CD however?

Doing research now, and it almost sounds as if 5MeO-DMT could be a candidate. Those experienced: thoughts?

Gnosisseur said:
Doing research now, and it almost sounds as if 5MeO-DMT could be a candidate. Those experienced: thoughts?
hit the books some more, wont find much visuals in that one.

also, when it comes to psychedelics, the only research worth doing is on your self.

try to obtain a gram smaple of 2c-b. it has head change but nothing seriouse. I used to eat LSD alot but Iv replaced it with 2c-b (which I have been obstaining from for the most part) for the reason you spoke of, but also I got accustomed to the experience (lsd) not so much that it jaded it, but that I was starting to believe in alot of the illusions it should I had while sober which then returning to abse line turned into delusions.

but hey, Im a on again offf again druggy, I'll take opiates and benzos nwo to get fucked up.... it hapepnds to the best of us, first time happening to me.

Gnosisseur said:
ABSOLUTELY NOT.

low doses range from mildly euphoric to uncomfortable, with weak or nonexistent visuals.

high doses will utterly destroy you beyond all comprehensible measure.

5-MEO-DMT is many things, but it is NOT a toy.

5-MeO-DMT does give strong visuals to a minority of people
however, those visuals really don't matter in the least compared to the other effects

from my trip report :
The most beautiful fractals replace everything in my vision. They're always the same, with morphing shapes of blue, grey, black and green; and hints of other colours, but it's hard to understand which. Anyway, the experience is so overwhelming that i don't even notice the visuals. I just realize they're here when i start to come down.

No. The visual perceptual changes in themselves will cause altered thought processes, even if it were possible (which it's not currently, nor do I expect it to be, since the same neurons that do visual work are interconnected with everything else - so even if you could fire them with absolute selectivity, it still wouldn't work).

21874.jpg

MattPsy said:
No. The visual perceptual changes in themselves will cause altered thought processes, even if it were possible (which it's not currently, nor do I expect it to be, since the same neurons that do visual work are interconnected with everything else - so even if you could fire them with absolute selectivity, it still wouldn't work).
Hey Matt, there's some studies done (I believe with patients with parkinson's) where they stimulate certain regions of their brain and produced phosphenes with no other shift in subjective phenomenal state. Its theoretically possible that we could fine-tune our pharmacology enough to develop a chemical that targets only this area.

Much is possible. Open your mind!

2-CB does alter your thinking BUT it eliminates any fears you may have about going out in public and looking and even talking sober. It can be pulled off quite easily at the right doses. High doses will totally disorient you (insuffilated) and has DMT like visuals and entity contact (in my experience). I tooted 70+mg by accident, note: get a scale, and WOW. No way to pull off the sober look there guys.

DMT, (smoking only) your head and ego is in tact but what you are experiencing has just destroyed your belief system so your "Mind" is not in its right mind but strangely unaltered although you have "lost your marbles". I would call it purely visual.... metaphorical even.

I have to agree about 2C-B. I took it at a concert the other day (around 20mg after a few beer) and after coming home and smoking some weed the visuals were almost filling my whole field of vision while my mind was 100% in control. There was one point where mentally it became quite psychedelic but I could snap out of it at any moment, which is not always the case with other psychedelics. I took a time release vitamin C and a NAC pill and woke up the next day feeling better than normal.

As for n,n DMT, I have only had it in ayahuasca which is the most mentally intense thing I have ever done and also completely visionary (rather than simply walls breathing and seeing fractals etc). I should be able to try the freebase in a week or so. So I look forward to that. I also smoked some 5-MeO-DMT for the first time in a dream last night and it was very blissful and intense. I'm too scared to try it in my waking life, but I was surprised how well it worked in a dream...

Last edited:
5-MeO-DMT and I really don't mix. It makes me feel like I have the flu, even at doses too low to feel any kind of psychedelic effects. Barf.

i would think Datura would be very visual from what I've gathered but I have never tried it.

I find vaporizing 2c-e (smoking) to be completely visual, no headfuck, all in your face visuals by the time you exhale.