• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Have you been to Colorado yet??

HCandKROD

Bluelighter
My wife and I traveled to Colorado Springs on 1/16 to visit her relatives. There were no recreational dispensary's in the Springs but there are bars there where you can "repay" what you have received. One such place is the snip, very cool place. We went on to Denver where there were many recreational stores. The state is very marijuana friendly!!! There is no hassle as long as you are over 21. We walked into most places and there was an off duty police officer who checked your license (ours were from Florida) and asked if it was medicinal or recreational. Nothing was recorded nor DL copied. We waited in a room till we were called back and Holy Shit!!! Anything you wanted....smoke, edibles or drinkables. Out of state could buy up to 1/8th and in state 1oz. Colorado has it going on. Way easy!! Like a liquor store but it smells better. We are here in Colorado till 2/16. If you live close or can afford it come try it out. Very cool!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Where I live I can buy pot and smoke it as well. I thought about moving that way but I thing legal pot will be a fucking tidal wave on this country. End of the year we will have some form of federal legalisation\decriminilazation at the least.

Where I live I can buy pot and smoke it as well. I thought about moving that way but I thing legal pot will be a fucking tidal wave on this country. End of the year we will have some form of federal legalisation\decriminilazation at the least.

I hope Florida will see where it's at soon. If Florida legalizes expect many states to follow. North Carolina will be a big swing state for the south!!!

^Lol its actually illegal here and cops don't fuck around. It was just a joke pointing out that weed is everywhere and even if it ain't legal...fucking smoke that shit up man who cares.

I've been in CO for 15 years now supporting the legalization every step of the way. I'm proud to say that this is currently the best place in the world for pot use. Yes, there are other states with awesome bud, but nothing like it is here. We are setting the standards for the rest of the states (world) to follow.

Specifically we are making the path for what is considered acceptable. This path has largely already been made by alcohol, and that is the model we have taken after. We treat marijuana much like alcohol here in CO.

Even though it's proven that marijuana is safer than alcohol, it's easier for people (non-pot heads) to accept marijuana legality when it is treated similar to how the law treats alcohol.

At any rate, it's fun as fuck to live here.

I’m going with my wife this summer and we are psyched. The only issue I see us running into is that it will be difficult for us to find legal places to smoke unless we opt for a smoking hotel room. Neither of us smoke cigarettes so we don’t want to be stuck in a room that smells like an ashtray. Even if we go that route, we won’t be able to get baked and then go do stuff because we won’t be able to drive. I guess we will have to alternate who smokes, if I smoke my wife will have to drive, if my wife smokes then she will have to drive lol.

Hopefully there will be some private smoking clubs in the downtown denver area by the time we come so we can smoke and go enjoy dinner, see a show etc.

Hopefully there will be some private smoking clubs in the downtown denver area by the time we come so we can smoke and go enjoy dinner, see a show etc.

Hey, they said legal, not civilised =D

Hey, they said legal, not civilised =D

Lol.

That seems to be the loophole from what I'm reading as smoking in public areas is a no-no. From what i gather people aren't allowed to smoke in bars, clubs or really any place that is accessible by the public. A members only club looks like the only really safe place a tourist can smoke if they don't know anyone with a living space or have a smoking hotel room.

That sounds exactly like my experience in washington once i got my med card it was like a fucking dream come true lol. Are the bud stores in colorado much different from normal medical marijuana shops? does the quality differ?

That sounds exactly like my experience in washington once i got my med card it was like a fucking dream come true lol. Are the bud stores in colorado much different from normal medical marijuana shops? does the quality differ?

Currently, the bud stores (recreational) are the medical shops. Sense getting a license to sell is a bit of work, the medical shops were stream lined in the business so they are the first with a license. However, they do separate the two; recreational and medical. Medical patience always get priority over recreational, so for example, when the shops first opened this year and they all sold out of bud, they never really "sold out". They always kept a reserve for the medical patients. So, in a sense, medical patients do have access to a higher quality choice (currently).

As time goes on, we will see much of this even out. Shops will open up that are recreational only, and they will have a lot to choose from. All it takes is a license to sell it. Anyone can do it, so I see liquor stores, strip clubs, hell just about anybody selling recreational bud, legally.

I don't know if "smoke clubs" will become more popular (due to complication such as the Clean Air Act), but there is definitely a demand for them...things change so fast with these types of laws. When I first got my Red Card just a few years ago, I was aloud to sit down in dispensaries and eat edibles while I smoke cannabis (indoors!). I must have smoked at 4 or 5 different dispensaries.

Also, there are events which allow social smoking (currently!). The Colorado Medical Cannabis Cup is held every year outside in large tents where you can smoke, dab, what the fuck ever. These events are still going on every year.

Currently, the bud stores (recreational) are the medical shops. Sense getting a license to sell is a bit of work, the medical shops were stream lined in the business so they are the first with a license. However, they do separate the two; recreational and medical. Medical patience always get priority over recreational, so for example, when the shops first opened this year and they all sold out of bud, they never really "sold out". They always kept a reserve for the medical patients. So, in a sense, medical patients do have access to a higher quality choice (currently).

As time goes on, we will see much of this even out. Shops will open up that are recreational only, and they will have a lot to choose from. All it takes is a license to sell it. Anyone can do it, so I see liquor stores, strip clubs, hell just about anybody selling recreational bud, legally.

I don't know if "smoke clubs" will become more popular (due to complication such as the Clean Air Act), but there is definitely a demand for them...things change so fast with these types of laws. When I first got my Red Card just a few years ago, I was aloud to sit down in dispensaries and eat edibles while I smoke cannabis (indoors!). I must have smoked at 4 or 5 different dispensaries.

Also, there are events which allow social smoking (currently!). The Colorado Medical Cannabis Cup is held every year outside in large tents where you can smoke, dab, what the fuck ever. These events are still going on every year.

So jelly

I was supposed to go this weekend but now I dont have to :\ I guess under the circumstances, that's good though (had to go to court, charges got dropped). I used to be a medical patient in CO anyways, and i'm a medical patient in the state I live in now so it's all good

I hope Florida will see where it's at soon. If Florida legalizes expect many states to follow. North Carolina will be a big swing state for the south!!!

Florida just got enough signatures on a petition (Thanks, Morgan & Morgan) for medicinal, but I highly doubt it'll be one of the first few that legalizes/decriminalizes first unfortunately.

I could see a good number (maybe not a majority of the 50, but a good number nonetheless) of the states in the U.S. decriminalizing possession to an extent or allowing restricted medicinal use of Mary Jane, but, honestly, I don't see recreational use like in Colorado happening in the majority of the U.S., especially not in the southeastern U.S.

...first of all, the serious consideration of legalizing marijuana seems to have only started to happen near the West coast, with 'some' consideration on the East coast...but, anywhere else? It's almost a moot point that weed's going to stay illegal for another 20-50 years, straight up, in the rest of the U.S. Cops are still being brainwashed that Mary Jane is evil, etc. I don't know, if anyone disagrees with me, go ahead and take me on. But if you know anything about the southern U.S., they ain't going to legalize weed just because they did it in Colorado or Seattle or New York or out in California - people down South don't give a fuck what you think about drugs being illegal or not, and there are enough conservative voters for decades ahead to make sure that it stays that way down here...and, not to mention, there is still a heavy racial element in the south, and other parts of the U.S., when you're talking about weed. Blacks and Hispanic's are still very heavily associated with weed and coke, so, public perception will have to be changed in a drastic way first...

I could see a good number (maybe not a majority of the 50, but a good number nonetheless) of the states in the U.S. decriminalizing possession to an extent or allowing restricted medicinal use of Mary Jane, but, honestly, I don't see recreational use like in Colorado happening in the majority of the U.S., especially not in the southeastern U.S.

...first of all, the serious consideration of legalizing marijuana seems to have only started to happen near the West coast, with 'some' consideration on the East coast...but, anywhere else? It's almost a moot point that weed's going to stay illegal for another 20-50 years, straight up, in the rest of the U.S. Cops are still being brainwashed that Mary Jane is evil, etc. I don't know, if anyone disagrees with me, go ahead and take me on. But if you know anything about the southern U.S., they ain't going to legalize weed just because they did it in Colorado or Seattle or New York or out in California - people down South don't give a fuck what you think about drugs being illegal or not, and there are enough conservative voters for decades ahead to make sure that it stays that way down here...and, not to mention, there is still a heavy racial element in the south, and other parts of the U.S., when you're talking about weed. Blacks and Hispanic's are still very heavily associated with weed and coke, so, public perception will have to be changed in a drastic way first...

20-50 years seems like a pretty big overestimate, but I would agree with you about the southern states being the last few states. My guess is, the more liberal states will continue to legalize, swing states will see that it's improving economics and change their laws, and eventually it'll be legal on a federal level.

But then again, who knows how long that process will take. It could take 50 years until it's a completely normal thing to go out and buy a couple grams from a store.

^ Yeah, I'm just coming from a "hope for the best, expect the worst" model. The main thing is the older generations, especially the baby boomers...with improvements in healthcare and the way the elderly vote, I'm expecting at least 10-20 years before any major reform gets passed on the issue. Then again, I love to be surprised...but yeah, my main point is the southeastern U.S. - I just cannot see that region legalizing weed for recreational use for at least a couple decades. I do think things are going to change, though, don't get me wrong.

Also, I'm kind of in awe that nobody on this thread has mentioned Obama's recent comments on weed???? He was quoted as saying that weed was unhealthy and a waste of time...although he did at least concede it's probably better for you than alcohol (which we should all know is like saying the color 'red' is different than 'green' or something). It's just crazy because that's what the president is saying when WE KNOW that the president has openly admitted to smoking weed before and that he's still basically blowing off the issue of weed becoming legalized at the federal level in any meaningful way, when states are already legalizing it for a fact. It's just kind of mind blowing because it seems like Obama has all the knowledge and reason to openly support legalization, esp. because he's in his second term. So, do you guys think that presidents in the future who have no experience with weed would ever advocate weed's legalization at a federal level? And, then, the x-factor is always if the president or congress is Republican at the time that weed could be seriously considered for complete federal legalization - I feel like the only chance would be in a Democratic controlled congress or White House, and even then, clearly, it seems like it'd be a very uphill battle, at least from the perspective of the present...

Last edited:
I haven't been yet. Currently I'm in Georgia and it feels like years before this state will ever legalize marijuana.

Florida just got enough signatures on a petition (Thanks, Morgan & Morgan) for medicinal, but I highly doubt it'll be one of the first few that legalizes/decriminalizes first unfortunately.

I do not see Rick Scott signing a Medical Marijuana bill. Anyways, I feel like my state will be legalizing it relatively soon, I also think that we will see federal action before President Obama leaves office.

I do not see Rick Scott signing a Medical Marijuana bill. Anyways, I feel like my state will be legalizing it relatively soon, I also think that we will see federal action before President Obama leaves office.

I agree about Rick Scott, he seems petrified to make any decision. This from a staunch Republican!! I am conservative but I feel it's time for the people to speak and I believe in November the people will vote yes. I don't really give a fuck if it passes or not but for the fact I'm tired of supporting a shitload of convicts whom are in there for bullshit marijuana charges. Plus, my wife loves to smoke weed and I hate to see some of the shitty hoops she has to jump through just to get an ounce of weed.