• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Have drugs fucked you up?

I really don't think it's possible for MDMA to cause so much damage and downregulate your neurotransmitter receptors to have a noticeable difference on your everyday living. Lots of the people I used to party with including myself would abuse ecstasy in the early 2000's and none of us have any severe form of damage or mental health condition caused by it.

I strongly believe you were just prone to these conditions since you were born and they manifested on their own but it's coincidental to your MDMA use and you only have that to blame.

In terms of solutions have you considered getting your hormones checked recently, Testosterone or hormonal imbalance goes hand in hand with depression.

I feel like your last comment is a very negative and unhappy approach with how you're feeling, I think you should try be positive about the whole situation because the power of the human brain is severely underestimated.

For example after a heavy night on an MDMA binge days later are followed by brain zaps. The more negative I keep my mindset the longer the brain zaps hang around but if I put myself into a very positive mindset and set goals for myself the brain zaps are non existent. The point I'm trying to make after all of this is negative mindset and emotions will cause a release in negative neurotransmitters and hormones but a positive mindset and emotions will cause the opposite and your neurotransmitter receptors will start allowing more serotonin, dopamine and others to flood your brain.
Thanks, this is really positive to read. I have to say, I do believe this concept, on a certain level. I mean drugs never triggered anything for me at the time, it was only that I was abusing around the time it started that makes me worry. In fact, I often wonder if alcohol is the real culprit as my real problems started on a terrible hangover.

Thanks, this is really positive to read. I have to say, I do believe this concept, on a certain level. I mean drugs never triggered anything for me at the time, it was only that I was abusing around the time it started that makes me worry. In fact, I often wonder if alcohol is the real culprit as my real problems started on a terrible hangover.

I personally suspect your symptoms aren't a result of abusing MDMA or ecstasy and likely something else. If it was true then me and a few dozen others I know of locally would be experiencing some form of what you are but we're all okay.

The alcohol certainly can't have helped especially if you combined it with MDMA. But alcohol does not tend to cause the type of long-term psychological symptoms you describe unless very heavily and chronically abused.

@scatterday could easily be correct, but I think they're also somewhat downplaying the dangers of heavy repeated MDMA use. MDMA is neurotoxic and that's a fact. Chronic abuse of MDMA is capable of causing damage.

It is true that whether this is what's happened to you is really impossible to say for sure, and there's a chicken and egg situation with drug abuse and depression in general that further complicates the issue - these are all valid points. But I do believe MDMA is capable of causing long-term damage.

That does not mean you have to give up though. A healthy lifestyle and nootropics could very well improve your condition. If you were predisposed to depression already, it may also benefit you to look into things like ketamine treatment.

MXE and related dissociatives have been a source of tremendous positivity in my life, but time to quit them has come, because the point of diminishing returns was reached.

The alcohol certainly can't have helped especially if you combined it with MDMA. But alcohol does not tend to cause the type of long-term psychological symptoms you describe unless very heavily and chronically abused.

@scatterday could easily be correct, but I think they're also somewhat downplaying the dangers of heavy repeated MDMA use. MDMA is neurotoxic and that's a fact. Chronic abuse of MDMA is capable of causing damage.

It is true that whether this is what's happened to you is really impossible to say for sure, and there's a chicken and egg situation with drug abuse and depression in general that further complicates the issue - these are all valid points. But I do believe MDMA is capable of causing long-term damage.

That does not mean you have to give up though. A healthy lifestyle and nootropics could very well improve your condition. If you were predisposed to depression already, it may also benefit you to look into things like ketamine treatment.

Oh I completely agree and I don't deny the permanent damage you can do long term although the severity of the damage is a different story. The human body and brain are very resilient.

Take my brain zaps for example and mindset.

I don't think that one can do enough damage to down regulate their neurotransmitter receptors for it to have a noticeable impact on their everyday living.

There certainly is dangers I just don't think it can have such an obvious effect on everyday living with chronic MDMA use

Oh I completely agree and I don't deny the permanent damage you can do long term although the severity of the damage is a different story. The human body and brain are very resilient.

Take my brain zaps for example and mindset.

I don't think that one can do enough damage to down regulate their neurotransmitter receptors for it to have a noticeable impact on their everyday living.

There certainly is dangers I just don't think it can have such an obvious effect on everyday living with chronic MDMA use

This is a fair view and you're absolutely right about the human brain too. It's rewriting neural pathways all the time. That's why I think nootropics could help out OP and for depression ketamine in small therapeutic doses (just key bumps) is worth exploring.

This is a fair view and you're absolutely right about the human brain too. It's rewriting neural pathways all the time. That's why I think nootropics could help out OP and for depression ketamine in small therapeutic doses (just key bumps) is worth exploring.

For depression the best thing I've found is testosterone injections. They go hand in hand with depression. Doctors these days don't like prescribing it and will tell you you're within range.

Just because a patient may be within range doesn't mean it's optimal either.

Psychedelics like DMT for example would prove to be very beneficial too.

For new neural pathways and to reverse neurotoxicity I would recommend

Piracetam, lions mane extract and the occasional psychedelic like DMT or something even more mild like psilocybin mushrooms.

Microdosing them could be very beneficial for depression to without the risk of harming yourself or receptor downregulation.

For depression the best thing I've found is testosterone injections. They go hand in hand with depression. Doctors these days don't like prescribing it and will tell you you're within range.

Piracetam, lions mane extract and the occasional psychedelic like DMT or something even more mild like psilocybin mushrooms.

Microdosing them could be very beneficial for depression to without the risk of harming yourself or receptor downregulation.

Oh yeah for sure. LSD microdosing is worth looking at too. Wasn't it Hofmann himself who microdosed it and thought it was better than Ritalin or amphetamines for ADHD?

Oh yeah for sure. LSD microdosing is worth looking at too. Wasn't it Hofmann himself who microdosed it and thought it was better than Ritalin or amphetamines for ADHD?

I haven't heard about it being an effective treatment for that but I definitely believe it, I just haven't read too much into Hofmann only Shulgin.

Thanks, I don’t get on so well with ketamine so I’m not sure about that. I’ll give some nootropics a shot though. Which have worked best for you?

Thanks, you’re really giving me hope here, I already feel a bit better! I’ll give Piracetam a shot to start with.
Testosterone injections sound interesting, I want to try that too but not sure how to go about it

Thanks, you’re really giving me hope here, I already feel a bit better! I’ll give Piracetam a shot to start with.
Testosterone injections sound interesting, I want to try that too but not sure how to go about it
Ah... not sure you can buy Piracetam legally in the UK!

I do, but I have done everything so its hard to tell, I started doing drugs not so long ago, maybe when I was 18, now im 22, started with weed but now have done almost everything, lsd, mdma, oxycodone, benzos, etc etc... even though I have taken breaks as long as 6 months from drugs and nowadays mostly wait at least 1 month between drug usage (smoking weed, drinking alcohol) I do notice certain things, like for example, when I get drunk now, the next day I forget a LOT of things, while before when I started drinking, I could get blasted and I would never forget anything I did, I have noticed too that I forget things much more often now, and I notice sometimes that I cant recall the right words or speak as fluently, I still speak super fluently and with good vocabulary but the difference is notable to me, I also developed hellish anxiety and panic attacks after a couple of mdma usages and a bad trip with mdma which got better after general drug abstinence, in general I feel MDMA is what has caused the most damage even though ive eaten less than 15-20 pills max in my life, followed by alcohol and benzos, I have gotten drunk too many times and that definetly isnt good for you, its hard to tell really, I do feel they have had a negative effect, and its insidious and you dont notice really, but to be fair its hard to tell, minor things like these I think most drug users have even if they dont notice off the bat, but severe clear impairment is rare, even in hardcore users, of course further abuse will cause further deterioraton and thats why I have started cutting back on my use as much as possible, I try to leave 1 month now between usages of any drug, including coffee or weed or anything, and I exercise a lot and eat a healthy diet, try to avoid stress, I used to use supplements and nootropics for brain recovery buy I never saw a difference so I stopped wasting money on them.

Replying to original post, I could say that I believe in some damage done to my brain, yes. When I was maybe 16 or 17, I used to do firstly mdma regularly and later also amphetamine - for months, but I believe that not more than year, I did it almost on weekly basis. To be honest, some of my memories I really do not like looking at because sometimes using these substances caused panic attacks, just bad trips when I felt suicidal or times when I thought that I have overdosed (also regarding my region I do not probably have access to the best stuff) . After this drug use I had to battle anxiety. Not only that one which I had after, for example, speed withdrawal or three days after mdma use, but also anxiety that I had constantly for months. Furthermore, I was very socially active and generally happy person at 16, but now I mostly think about how I dont see a purpose for anything and everything seems boring. I am now 21, my anxiety is still very bad, although there was one period where it was lower and there was one year when I didnt use any amphetamines or xtc pills. I still havent used mdma for very long time because I am afraid that I will want to kill myself afterwards; the same for speed - I am afraid to use it now because of my anxiety, I dont want to sniff a line and suddenly feel like I will die. It is hard to tell whether these problems were caused by drugs or other problems and whether they continue at this moment because of my current (although small and not too regular) opioid use or if it so because of my everyday problems. Also, I dont know if my anxiety and depression problems at 17 started because of drugs or would they have started anyways. Maybe at this point in my life boredom and negative thoughts are caused by opioids.

Benzodiazepines have most certainly not helped my situation. Let's just put it like that. They are most certainly not the cause of my initial problems... But they have definitely exacerbated an already bad situation.

It's got nothing to do with that, it is down to personal responsibility.
Anyway what are you doing on here? This is EADD & you are in Brazil.

Go pick up some ladyboys, with any luck you'll run into members of ADA or CV (if you really are from Brazil you'll understand all to well)

You're a workshy junkie who tries to use edgy topics and labels to describe yourself in an attempt to give your life some significance and meaning, to make yourself appear cultured, streetsmart, dangerous, moral, decent, intelligent, wise and a million other descriptors, each more contradicting than the last. It would only be a sad tale of a man trying to talk himself up to be something he isn't because he has pissed everything away and failed to commit to anything meaningful outside of drug use, but when you start going after people asking for advice and help, you cross a line. I really shouldn't be engaging at all since that appears to be one of your desires, but every post that aims another threat at someone like you're connected to the serious criminal underworld shows that it's all talk: noone trusts crack & heroin users, certainly not proper criminals. You latch onto anything that makes you appear important, unique, interesting. You're a braggart and extremely false, why you do so is your own thing, you do you if it makes you feel better, but don't start screwing with other people in an attempt to make yourself feel better.

I think that enough off topic posts in this thread now, since you haven't had anything constructive to say in this thread, how about you leave it alone? I think your nature will mean you won't be able to, serial contrarian that you are, but we can only ask and hope...