• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Hash CBD/THC

It depends on the strain used to make the hash, and most weed people get are crosses by now. So even if something is indica/sativa dominant, that dominance could be the structure of the plant or its effects which are dictated by its psychoactive makeup. True ak47 is a good example, its a squatty plant with fat nugs like most indicas but its effects are notorious for being very energetic and sativa like. Good hash will always have me soaring with colors and imagery behind my closed eyes.

I think it's a myth that indicas have the higher levels of cbd and less thc than sativas. i've had supposedly pure indicas that have made me unenergetic but also anxious and paranoid which is what thc can do to some people but cbd doesn't. I don't think cannabinoid levels are strictly determined by the species or cannabis in fact Indicas tend to have way more thc than your average sativa judging by crystal content. So much disinformation in the cannabis world.

If you want a monged out non edgy smoke then grow your buds until all the hairs or glands are brown then you will have high cbn which makes you too tired and relaxed to get anxiety. most buds are picked too early nowadays.

With regard to afghani seived hash I think the reason it may have a more balanced ratio of thc to cbd is because they use many plants in the hashish production. So some of the plants will have high thc and some will have high cbd. You probably wouldnt get the same ratio from dutch hash or hash made in other western countries unless they were specifically breeding for high cbd with their plants. Apparently its easier to get plants with high levels of one or the other rather than high levels of both.

I dont think enough testing has been done to get consistent info on the levels of these chemicals in various strains but it looks like its happening more and more especially with the dispensaries in the US

What about THCV? Some strains have almost as much THCV as THC.

I think it modulates the effects of THC ive read some people saying it makes it come on quicker others saying it blocks the effects and others saying it stops you getting the munchies. Some times I wish I had access to one of those labs so I could see exactly what was in the stuff I was smoking.

The predominant cannabinoids in "drug type" marijuana cultivars.are usually high THC, low to medium CBD .There's not much CBxV made uder normal circumstances. I have seen "kush" that apparently contained only 0.2% cbd ...sure smelled like it though

THCV is apparently a cannabinoid receptor 1/2 antagonist, so it should reverse or block the effects of cannabis if taken in substantial quantity. It's like a natural Rimonabant :) This is likely where you get "it stops you from having munchies".

THCV is a very interesting cannabinoid. It gives the weed an almost psychedelic feel to the high. I've said it before, but African landraces like Malawi and Durban Poison are known to contain this cannabinoid (particularly the former). It acts as an appetite suppressant which is why smoking Malawi is unlikely to give you the munchies and for some people it can even put them off their food. Obviously this is an advantage for people trying to lose weight.

durban poison has the most rushy euphoric high of any cannabis i have ever smoked, but i love hash for its low anxiety effects. its relaxing, i dont get confused/memory issues, physically i can feel my stomach relax and i just feel very chilled