• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Hash CBD/THC

Static_Color

Bluelighter
I'm wondering what the makup of various hash types would be with regards to CBD/THC ratio's?

Specifically Hand-rolled hash from good outdoor and hash made from the buds...
Would say they are a 100% Indica Variety - Probably some Afghan strain grown literally for centuries...

Any generalised info on this would be much appreciated as well!

I heard Sativas are more dominant with THC and less with other cannabinoids but curious to know more about this...

The hash here generally gives a great body buzz but the mental high's i've gotten(With the better stuff) have been stronger then some of the best bud i've smoked in the past..

Last edited:
fuck making/producing hash, i make it unintentionally. like i dont have a process of making hash, but i use a lightbulb vape with a cap/pen tube, and the tube clogs up with goo that for the most part is hash. thats because the contents of the vapor youre producing consists or pure thc, and everything that condensates on the material is going to be straight up thc. it can be used again if you scrape/extract it. i stick a screwdriver through the tube and i smear all the shit on bible paper. i revape it and the high is so intense its time-travel like.

I don't make hash, haha...
It's just more widely available here (and of various quality)...
Hash oil (Literally condensed, liquid hash) is easier to find than budd.. people say Budd is weak in this culture or something, plus eating it is much more common so... (And better for the mind apparently)

BUT, resin sucks (sorry) nasty shit

yea i know, im just saying the process in general lol. its really not neccessary, and im not sure but you may actually be LOSING thc in ratio by making it. like the total green you used to make it, might amount to more thc then the hash you manufactured. i say screw it just smoke your green, and like i said i get stuff comparable to hash naturally with my vaporizer. also screw eating it, i dont dig that.

:p

Make some Hash-butter, mix it with almonds, cocao, pistatio, a bit of sugar (if you want), walnuts... and make sure you make it potent

Take 2-3 teaspoons in the morning, your set for your day hahahaha...

I don't have the exact recipe, but its something a couple people here told me about... (It aint butter, he said oil but I think butter would work better)

I like putting some in coffee..

lolol but that might be more of a heavy high, and just not overall as pleasant for me. one of the main things i enjoy about marijuana in general is the smoking process just as well as the high. smoking the plant is something i like to do, so i think ill stick to only that. but sure i would try that though most definitely, and then maybe even smoke afterwards haha.

I'm wondering what the makup of various hash types would be with regards to CBD/THC ratio's?

Specifically Hand-rolled hash from good outdoor and hash made from the buds...
Would say they are a 100% Indica Variety - Probably some Afghan strain grown literally for centuries...

Any generalised info on this would be much appreciated as well!

I heard Sativas are more dominant with THC and less with other cannabinoids but curious to know more about this...

The hash here generally gives a great body buzz but the mental high's i've gotten(With the better stuff) have been stronger then some of the best bud i've smoked in the past..
I've got a book that has lots of useful references concerning the relative cannabinoid concentrations of different types of hash, but not with me. I've quoted some on here before, bear with me and I'll try to find the info. Hash has more CBN due to oxidation.

like the total green you used to make it, might amount to more thc then the hash you manufactured.
Well, yeah, obviously, there are mechanical losses. You could say that for any process; trimming buds, grinding weed, there's always some loss. The question is whether that cost is justified, which for me it is.

i make it unintentionally. like i dont have a process of making hash, but i use a lightbulb vape with a cap/pen tube, and the tube clogs up with goo that for the most part is hash. thats because the contents of the vapor youre producing consists or pure thc, and everything that condensates on the material is going to be straight up thc. it can be used again if you scrape/extract it. i stick a screwdriver through the tube and i smear all the shit on bible paper. i revape it and the high is so intense its time-travel like.
The vapour is not pure THC, neither is the condensate, and that condensate is certainly not hash.

OP, there are other threads on this, if you use the search engine you'll be able to find more info.

Here's a quickie on the chemical content of most weed. (Don't quote me on this, it's really a question of the genetics of the indivisual plant)

Industrial hemp: very low THC, middling to low levels of CBD
Indicas: medium to high CBD, less THC
Hybrids: variable, usually high THC and medium-high CBD
Sativa: High THC, low CBD.
(these figures include the inactive acid forms that must be decarboxylated)

CBN (cannabinol) should not be confused with CBD (cannabidiol). CBN is produced by the oxidisation ("ageing") process and is usually more prevalent in "cured" weed and hashish. It's a less selective agonist of CB1/CB2 and is probably responsible for the "stonier" and different high you get off good hashish.

CBD can be converted to THC with acid catalysis ("isomerization"), and THC is converted to CBN by atmospheric oxidisation.

And yeah, even in a lightbulb vape there's some pyrolysis going on. Vapourized weed fumes are not just THC - it's a complex mixture of terpenes and cannabinoids. Still nicer than burnt smoke.

Here's a quickie on the chemical content of most weed. (Don't quote me on this, it's really a question of the genetics of the indivisual plant)

Industrial hemp: very low THC, middling to low levels of CBD
Indicas: medium to high CBD, less THC
Hybrids: variable, usually high THC and medium-high CBD
Sativa: High THC, low CBD.
(these figures include the inactive acid forms that must be decarboxylated)

CBN (cannabinol) should not be confused with CBD (cannabidiol). CBN is produced by the oxidisation ("ageing") process and is usually more prevalent in "cured" weed and hashish. It's a less selective agonist of CB1/CB2 and is probably responsible for the "stonier" and different high you get off good hashish.

CBD can be converted to THC with acid catalysis ("isomerization"), and THC is converted to CBN by atmospheric oxidisation.

And yeah, even in a lightbulb vape there's some pyrolysis going on. Vapourized weed fumes are not just THC - it's a complex mixture of terpenes and cannabinoids. Still nicer than burnt smoke.

Is this industrial hemp smokeable/obtainable? I have had mostly horrid experiences with cannabis that I would attribute to the THC content.

I don't think industrial hemp buds are really availiable; all of the hemp I can think of is grown either for seed or for fibre. In the latter case I think they chop the plants before they even get an opportunity to flower.

Straight CBD is probably best obtained from chromatography of C. indica and its extracts. But don't expect THC-free weed to do much, physiologically if you remove the cannabinoids you're bringing smoking weed down to the levels of smoking pine needles. At least for the psychoactive experince, anyway. Straight CBD will likely have an effect but not much of one.

Even things like caryophyllene bind selectively to CB2R, you could get the same effects out of Vietnamese coriander. In theory, anyway.

Either way, industrial hemp is grown with the premise that it's basically unsmokeable. It's the one reason governments give it an exemption.

I don't think industrial hemp buds are really availiable; all of the hemp I can think of is grown either for seed or for fibre. In the latter case I think they chop the plants before they even get an opportunity to flower.

Straight CBD is probably best obtained from chromatography of C. indica and its extracts. But don't expect THC-free weed to do much, physiologically if you remove the cannabinoids you're bringing smoking weed down to the levels of smoking pine needles. At least for the psychoactive experince, anyway. Straight CBD will likely have an effect but not much of one.

Even things like caryophyllene bind selectively to CB2R, you could get the same effects out of Vietnamese coriander. In theory, anyway.

Either way, industrial hemp is grown with the premise that it's basically unsmokeable. It's the one reason governments give it an exemption.
Thanks sekio. Gotta say, you're one of the more knowledgeable posters on this forum. Hell, I like you.

I try my best. It really grinds my gears when I come on here and see threads like "how many tylenol 3 do i snort to get fuked", but what can you really do. The occasional thread in ADD or PD about novel pharmacology, and threads with reasonably academic discussion are the reason I keep coming back.

The world needs more knowledgeable people, especially when it comes to this whole drugs thing. (see: Spice/K2, mephedrone, crack babies, LSD and chromosome damage, and so on and so forth)

I try my best. It really grinds my gears when I come on here and see threads like "how many tylenol 3 do i snort to get fuked", but what can you really do. The occasional thread in ADD or PD about novel pharmacology, and threads with reasonably academic discussion are the reason I keep coming back.

The world needs more knowledgeable people, especially when it comes to this whole drugs thing. (see: Spice/K2, mephedrone, crack babies, LSD and chromosome damage, and so on and so forth)

That, it does. Keep it up. :)

indica = CBD > THC
although hashish is concentrated THC so you will always feel a salvia high from hash...

and hash is fucking amazing, i love the high

indica = CBD > THC
blowmonkey (very knowledgeable guy and former CD mod) told me that he had some of the plants he grew analysed for cannabinoid content, and very few of them had significant levels of CBD (even the indica strains).
although hashish is concentrated THC so you will always feel a salvia high from hash...
I think you mean "sativa", you definitely will not get a salvia high. In any case, hash is more concentrated in THC, but is not concentrated THC, and it is certainly possible to get hash that has more of a sedating, narcotic high than an energetic one (in fact, I would say that most Moroccan and Afghan hash exerts the former set of effects).

Vader, do you believe grow conditions of the Indica varieties could indicate whether the THC content was lower/higher compared to CBD's?
Afghanistan has a huge variety of climates... extremely hot and extremely cold, with everything in between, but my guess is the seeds going around have all come from the same strains of Indica that have been growing here for...god knows how long
I'm sure the hash exported is of much lower quality, theres garbage crap that will buzz you and maybe give a headache+sleep, stoning ones, and energetic ones... I have yet to run into the best quality stuff yet (The nationally treasured Hash Oil hah... For that i'll have to do some travelling)

Sekio - thank you for your post, the CBN information is quite informative and explains some experiences with hash i've smoked made from cured budd, as well why I've had such a variety of experiences with badly/well cured budd...

Vader, do you believe grow conditions of the Indica varieties could indicate whether the THC content was lower/higher compared to CBD's?
Yes, I would think that the grow conditions could certainly affect the relative concentrations of cannabinoids. In what ways? I wouldn't be particularly confident in guessing. I might guess that higher altitude and more intense light might favour THC (relatively), but that really is pure speculation.
I'm sure the hash exported is of much lower quality, theres garbage crap that will buzz you and maybe give a headache+sleep, stoning ones, and energetic ones... I have yet to run into the best quality stuff yet (The nationally treasured Hash Oil hah... For that i'll have to do some travelling)
Yes, most exported Afghan is absolute dirt. I fear that the really good Afghani hash may be a thing of the past. It might even be better to get Moroccan hash made from Afghan strains. You don't have to go travelling to smoke hash oil btw, it's easily done in the comfort of your own home.

One day I'll set a project aside and make some nice oil after doing some research and obtaining the right materials... Living around the middle east is good though, quiete a variety of places to visit and taste some of the origins of Cannabis as well as the cultures which unknowingly evolved because of it

I heard a saying, Music started in India, came to Afghanistan and died in Iran
i think that's funny... heh, but if Music did start from these parts I wouldn't be surprised if intoxicants such as cannabis had help towards its creation.. (But this is another topic...)

I was gonna travel, as in some places around here it's possible to simply buy a tin-box filled with hash-oil... its got a name in the native tongue hehe

anyway, thanks for the replies - I got what I was searching for :)

Oh yeah btw, the really good stuff isn't just a thing of the past... The locals simply consume it all hahaha :D

Yes, I was talking about decent Afghani hash in significant quantities reaching Western markets.

true, oh well, one can only hope for a better tommorow which is bound to come eventually...
blame the Soviet empire haha