• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has weed fucked you/anyone you know up?

It fucked me up. I feel border line crazy cause of it. Some days are worse then others. In the end i started noticing it. I would get bad anxiety and feel like idk who i am. And start thinking to much. Now in over aware of everything and paranoid. I smoked very high thc strains mostly sativa for 12+ years everyday. I could go on n on. I wish i woulda knew this sooner but you need 1 month breaks every year or so.

I smoke about 1/4 oz a week atm and I'm at university. I don't find it effects studies too much, but at the same time I feel like I have to put in more effort than I would if I didn't smoke weed, imo its worth it considering the only other option is to go out and drink/take harder drugs. The thing I find hardest to combat is the cluck for a spliff when I have to get studying done. I've even tried specific strains which increase creativity etc.. doesn't work. The way I see it is that after uni I will have to really cut back on the weed so I can focus on getting a half decent job.. Been smoking for 3 years now with only 1 3 month break, only side effect is short term memory... my friends who don't blaze call it weed brain

Nothing. I crave it when I'm out, but it's not enough to make me go out of my way to get it (I'm lazy). It helps me rather than harming me (unlike booze, which makes me depressed, tired, and psychotic).

Wow, lots of opinions and lots of different experiences. But what about what other people might observe about people who smoke daily for a number of years. A number of people I know, including my partner were daily smokers for at least 15 years and yes, there are observable changes in short term memory, motivation and concentration. I'm by no means anti-weed-whatever works for you. But actually seeing differences in behavior is kind of off putting.

I think if you spent years getting stoned instead of acquiring financial security or an education, your going to be pissed as fuck when your in your mid twenties with nothing to show for.
I have met a lot of people who spend day and night high and have nothing bad to say about it; the one the thing they all have in common is: Some sort of Job/Career. A daily grind. be what it may.
I believe what happens is that a lot of people like myself either cannot hold down a job and advance to make a career out of it, or they dropped out of School.

I thought I was crazy you know, the only dumb motherfucker who ruined himself with weed. I pushed it though. There was no reason for me to be 17, in my car smoking two blunts to the face of sativa, every day.
it turned out my father was a cocaine addict, and smoked rocks. and still does. Genetics have a lot to do with it.

Successful stoners are really quick to judge repentful stoners A lot of careers and jobs require drug testing. many people in america, in my opinion are suppressed to work dead end jobs because of testing positive for THC,

Last edited:
It ruined my life and there is nothing I regret more than getting caught up in stupid weed. I personally found it more addictive than heroin and cocaine, and also much worse for my brain. The brain damage was downright insane, weed literally made me retarded. I was the most motivated one track mnd kid ever before I started smoking it. I went from getting high 90's to just scraping by. I wanted to quit more than anything but I smoked it like a crack fiend until I was so fed up with the bullshit that my body had a psychotic break to snap myself out of its miserable spell. So FUCK anyone who expounds the bullshit ideology that weed is harmless because that crap is what got me into this mess. If I treated it like I treat other drugs - with respect and moderation - I wouldn't have decimated my body, life and mibd. So YES it can fuck peopleup. I'm so sick of people high as fuck saying they are medicated when the only thing they are medicating is their addiction to weed.

ThT high grade shit got me higher and more out of it than a fucking speedball. I wish so bad I never blazed, ruined my life completely. Altered my personality into a shadow of my for,er life. I've been picking up the pieces for years now. I can't even smell the stuff without a burning rage of hatred flaring up inside me. I just completely lost myself to that shit - my motivation, energy, personality, intelligence of all kinds (musical, social, technical) - I threw it all away to smoke a plant that turned me into a dumbass. Thank fuck I quit but I just wish, wish, wish so bad I had got the picture sooner. I mean I did but I kept relapsing until, like someone mentioned above, I freaked out and landed with an addiction doctor and was tranquilized with seroquel and benzos for a while snce I had a complete mental breakdown. For 6 months the only thought that went through my mind is when I would be able to smoke weed again. Then I snapped thought FUCK what have I become and never looked back.

Weed's not addictive my ass, I had physical withdrawals that made heroin look psychosomatic. It's the sneakiest devil of an addiction ever. At least with heroin you know what you're getting yourself into. With weed I was blind to it until I realized that I had ruined my life and could not for the life of ,e stop for a few hours let alone for good. Junkie fuckin scum I used to be. Stole from my family, stle from my grandparents even to fiend ounces and I didn't think twice. No conscience. I just needed the most number of hits of dope in my brain possible and that was my life. I couldn't hold down a job at the time because my head was completely fucking wrecked by that dope. My self esteem was wrecked by it, the social effects were horrific. My creativity for mysic was utterly destroyed. I stopped giving a fuck bout school. My mental health went to shit, half the time I smoked I'd have a panic attack. Like honestly I was addicted to panicattacks that's how bad this garbage polluted my mind

I'd put a bullet in my head before taking a puff off a joint out of respect for myself and continued acknowledgement of the most serious mistake I have ever made in all my life. And don't try to analyze this shit because you don't know me. I'm totally normal without it. It was quite simple I was addicted BAD for no reason at all.

Last edited:
I relate to OP and teological in a lot of ways. Shit suckss. Sorry to hear your guys' story, it's like we sort of lost our old selves... and what great men we were! Ahh.. well, if anything, maybe we can reinforce our confidence just like we did with our insecurities.. nah too much work.

Last edited:
It ruined my life and there is nothing I regret more than getting caught up in stupid weed. I personally found it more addictive than heroin and cocaine, and also much worse for my brain. The brain damage was downright insane, weed literally made me retarded. I was the most motivated one track mnd kid ever before I started smoking it. I went from getting high 90's to just scraping by. I wanted to quit more than anything but I smoked it like a crack fiend until I was so fed up with the bullshit that my body had a psychotic break to snap myself out of its miserable spell. So FUCK anyone who expounds the bullshit ideology that weed is harmless because that crap is what got me into this mess. If I treated it like I treat other drugs - with respect and moderation - I wouldn't have decimated my body, life and mibd. So YES it can fuck peopleup. I'm so sick of people high as fuck saying they are medicated when the only thing they are medicating is their addiction to weed.

ThT high grade shit got me higher and more out of it than a fucking speedball. I wish so bad I never blazed, ruined my life completely. Altered my personality into a shadow of my for,er life. I've been picking up the pieces for years now. I can't even smell the stuff without a burning rage of hatred flaring up inside me. I just completely lost myself to that shit - my motivation, energy, personality, intelligence of all kinds (musical, social, technical) - I threw it all away to smoke a plant that turned me into a dumbass. Thank fuck I quit but I just wish, wish, wish so bad I had got the picture sooner. I mean I did but I kept relapsing until, like someone mentioned above, I freaked out and landed with an addiction doctor and was tranquilized with seroquel and benzos for a while snce I had a complete mental breakdown. For 6 months the only thought that went through my mind is when I would be able to smoke weed again. Then I snapped thought FUCK what have I become and never looked back.

Weed's not addictive my ass, I had physical withdrawals that made heroin look psychosomatic. It's the sneakiest devil of an addiction ever. At least with heroin you know what you're getting yourself into. With weed I was blind to it until I realized that I had ruined my life and could not for the life of ,e stop for a few hours let alone for good. Junkie fuckin scum I used to be. Stole from my family, stle from my grandparents even to fiend ounces and I didn't think twice. No conscience. I just needed the most number of hits of dope in my brain possible and that was my life. I couldn't hold down a job at the time because my head was completely fucking wrecked by that dope. My self esteem was wrecked by it, the social effects were horrific. My creativity for mysic was utterly destroyed. I stopped giving a fuck bout school. My mental health went to shit, half the time I smoked I'd have a panic attack. Like honestly I was addicted to panicattacks that's how bad this garbage polluted my mind

I'd put a bullet in my head before taking a puff off a joint out of respect for myself and continued acknowledgement of the most serious mistake I have ever made in all my life. And don't try to analyze this shit because you don't know me. I'm totally normal without it. It was quite simple I was addicted BAD for no reason at all.

I feel you, High-Grade THC is addicting as fuck, I gave up college to be stoned in my room smoking a bong. It sounds crazy and pathetic, but I remember when I got my first paycheck from a job my freshmen year of college, I bought an ounce of Cinderella 99, and smoked it out of a vaporizer in my dorm apartment. I kid you not, I was kicked out of school a month later.

I have a very addictive personality, So I can't really put the blame on weed. But the reason I can't even hold a retail job is because I literally have anxiety attacks if I don't take a rip every few hours. Two years ago, I remember I had a very embarrassing confrontation with a customer at the register, I turned RED like a tomato and proceeded to sweat profusely, I started smelling like onions so bad, my deodorant could not help me. I have been to paranoid to work retail ever since, and regardless of what anyone thinks, Bud turned me into a social wreck

edit: This is a very good thread, For the past two years, I roll a joint and take two hits, and then put it out, for the next 20 minutes, I'm freaking out about cops raiding me. It sounds crazy, but I actually have been a paranoid weed smoker for the past year, I don't think it goes away

Ok so I wrote a reply, but I had to delete it. It hurts me too much to even think that I used to be a pothead. My mind becomes overridden with pain, sorrow, loss, and grief. It's not healthy for me to think about it, I will be staying out of this part of the forum. I stopped smoking years ago, and I rarely think about it anymore. I have recovered from the addiction but not from the long term side effects, which I fear are permanent. Unfortunately, this is how my relationship with weed ended. The most horrific breakup imaginable, and I used to love weed with a passion... at least I thought I did. But this part of my life life is over now. I will just say that it REALLY fucked me up and who is there to deny this, because we're talking about me and I know him best. This is a harm reduction forum. People should be promoting very moderate use, like once a week, in order to avoid the risks of severe mental illness, psychotic break and heavy addiction (like I mentioned I was hooked on heroin and this was a whole new level, it made H look like a caffeine habit in comparison... and I was able to quit that one without going to a doctor begging for mercy and being thrown benzos and seroquel which I went pharmacy hopping for because I just couldn't handle a minute of my life in that withdrawal). It took a fuckin gram of quetiapine a day to get me off weed, plus benzos, do you realize how fucking insane an amount of antipsychotics that is? It's like what they would prescribe a schizophrenic.

Peace out. Since I'm once again my good old motivated self, I have stuff to do. I really, sincerely hope this doesn't happen to anyone else here because it was sheer torture. I hope that you continue to enjoy weed without any repercussions. Keep in mind I smoked for years before the long term effects set in, and for a while there were not really any repercussions. There always were, but not to this extent and I was a functional stoner for many years, getting an advanced technical degree etc. The abuse caught up with me after a while. But like I mentioned I just can't talk about it, it hurts my energy and I like to have positive vibes : )

But I really, really hope this doesn't happen to you. And I wasn't even mentally ill. Weed induced mental illness within me for a while but... fuck like it brings me to tears.

Last edited:
Eh, I doubt the side effects are permanent...maybe if you had a roaring crystal meth and tranquilizer habit yeah, you'd be looking at some long-term neurological issues but weed? Nah...time will heal that wound for sure.

THC and cannabidiol are neuroprotective antioxidants that have been shown in human and animal studies to slow the progression and regenerate the brains of those with alzheimers and parkinsons disease. These cannabinoids also have marked anti-inflamatory and anticonvulsive effects and have shown to kill cancerous cells while leaving healthy cells intact.

The psychosis-cannabis link is one of biggest scandals in medicine. People with mental health problems self-medicate with cannabis because it is highly effective for alleviating their symptoms and has nonside effects. Research has shown consistently that schizophrenics who smoke cannabis have a higher cognitive functioning and a better prognosis than those who don't.

If you think you have lasting problems from cannabis use, then let me assure you that it is all in your head. Cannabis has zero negative long term effects on brain structure or function in adults. It is likely you have consumed a host of other toxic drugs over your life and are blaming your symptoms from these neurotoxins on cannabis

-Have you ever consumed an amphetamine (Adderall, dexedrine, vyvanse)?
-Or been "treated" long term with a benzo?
-Or abused alcohol?

The above substances destroy/damage the neurons in your brain, and this has been repeatedly shown, especially for amphetamines.

If youve used these neurotoxins and have psychiatric problems that you attribute to cannabis, then I can assure you that they are the cause of your problems and not the weed.

If you think you have lasting problems from cannabis use, then let me assure you that it is all in your head. Cannabis has zero negative long term effects on brain structure or function in adults. It is likely you have consumed a host of other toxic drugs over your life and are blaming your symptoms from these neurotoxins on cannabis ... If youve used these neurotoxins and have psychiatric problems that you attribute to cannabis, then I can assure you that they are the cause of your problems and not the weed.

If you are going to make a claim like that you need evidence. Though I am not full out disagreeing with you I would strongly reconsider your wording to be way less all inclusive. Drugs and their interactions in the human mind are not fully understood so to use that type of blanket statement means i can assume you are wrong. I can assume you are wrong because your sentence allows for no exclusions in a population of over 6 billion. Marijuana is most definitely a psychoactive substance and it contains a decent spectrum of compounds in it so it is possible that any one of those over prolonged exposure can have a negative impact on at least one of the members of the population.

I think it is completely inaccurate to tout that marijuana is "safe" it may be "less harmful and socially acceptable (now) then most other things" but that isnt safe or without danger. It is very important that everyone speaks realistically about cannabis and the compounds it creates. It will only harm "the movement" if people say things like this because they can easily be inaccurate and make those who are against it go "look at what those pot heads believe!" rather then creating an argument that not many can deny.

------- my reply-----

When i was growing up, teenager in high school, marijuana was the source of conflict with my parents. That, other then being on probation for 2 years and a misdemeanor, was the only impact marijuana had on me. I was able to quit for probation for over a year while hanging out with people who smoked daily, hell i would roll their blunts because i wanted to see how far i could go. It never once bothered me. It could be argued that i may have done better in school or college if i didnt smoke and drink myself into oblivion every night. In fact i often wonder what could have been if i were sober and going rather then waking up hungover every day.

But i must say my ground of friends in high school were the group that went no where and did nothing. Most still live in my home town most never went on to other drugs but never went on to much at all. Sure the group in question is happy so it must not matter in the end but they definitely filled the void needed for grocery workers and day shift stock people. Some even have kids and wives and moved a town over but collectively they didnt achieve anything higher then you would picture. To me its not a matter of "what drugs you are doing" but who you are how you were raised and what your ideals were. I always tried my hardest and my life is about breaking the minds of those who thought drugs lead to bad things in high school. Someday i will change the world and people will say "can you believe i sold heroin to him" or "yeah i met that dude in the line of the methadone clinic, i knew there was something about him"

In the end we are who we are because we are who we are and not because of what we did. The decision we make are a reflection of ourselves and they do not dictate the path of future choices. But thats just my opinion on it, i knew people who chose drugs over life but i think thats a personal mistake not an influence of marijuana. That isnt to say its safe or anything i just like to put power in the individual :)

Last edited:
If you are going to make a claim like that you need evidence. Though I am not full out disagreeing with you I would strongly reconsider your wording to be way less all inclusive. Drugs and their interactions in the human mind are not fully understood so to use that type of blanket statement means i can assume you are wrong. I can assume you are wrong because your sentence allows for no exclusions in a population of over 6 billion. Marijuana is most definitely a psychoactive substance and it contains a decent spectrum of compounds in it so it is possible that any one of those over prolonged exposure can have a negative impact on at least one of the members of the population.

I think it is completely inaccurate to tout that marijuana is "safe" it may be "less harmful and socially acceptable (now) then most other things" but that isnt safe or without danger. It is very important that everyone speaks realistically about cannabis and the compounds it creates. It will only harm "the movement" if people say things like this because they can easily be inaccurate and make those who are against it go "look at what those pot heads believe!" rather then creating an argument that not many can deny.

------- my reply-----

When i was growing up, teenager in high school, marijuana was the source of conflict with my parents. That, other then being on probation for 2 years and a misdemeanor, was the only impact marijuana had on me. I was able to quit for probation for over a year while hanging out with people who smoked daily, hell i would roll their blunts because i wanted to see how far i could go. It never once bothered me. It could be argued that i may have done better in school or college if i didnt smoke and drink myself into oblivion every night. In fact i often wonder what could have been if i were sober and going rather then waking up hungover every day.

But i must say my ground of friends in high school were the group that went no where and did nothing. Most still live in my home town most never went on to other drugs but never went on to much at all. Sure the group in question is happy so it must not matter in the end but they definitely filled the void needed for grocery workers and day shift stock people. Some even have kids and wives and moved a town over but collectively they didnt achieve anything higher then you would picture. To me its not a matter of "what drugs you are doing" but who you are how you were raised and what your ideals were. I always tried my hardest and my life is about breaking the minds of those who thought drugs lead to bad things in high school. Someday i will change the world and people will say "can you believe i sold heroin to him" or "yeah i met that dude in the line of the methadone clinic, i knew there was something about him"

In the end we are who we are because we are who we are and not because of what we did. The decision we make are a reflection of ourselves and they do not dictate the path of future choices. But thats just my opinion on it, i knew people who chose drugs over life but i think thats a personal mistake not an influence of marijuana. That isnt to say its safe or anything i just like to put power in the individual :)

excellent response, m8. i loved the reply too. one of the better things i've read recently on this forum.

excellent response, m8. i loved the reply too. one of the better things i've read recently on this forum.

Thanks, I try :) The reason why I try is because the one thing that makes it all worth it is sharing experience. If that story makes one person feel like they can accomplish anything even though they made mistakes then my past was worth every hardship, for it is only together that we can change the world. We are each full of boundless potential and when we lose our innocents in coming to age we tend to forget that all that possibility is still within each of us. Marjuana may not be deadly to the individual but it sure can make them forget who they once were if they dont take the time to remember, just like all drugs, just like all things in life. Each of us is special and each of us can change the world or at least our situation if we truly want it and try.

Weed has no negative effects on anyone as far as I have seen. People that smoke weed and fuck their life up, its their own fault, not the weed. They would still be losers if they didn't smoke. People say weed makes you lazy, but its bullshit because whenever I'm high i feel extremely productive and creative.

------- my reply-----

swisscurrie and myself are the evidence....maybe you don't like hearing the truth...but cannabis terpenes are medicinal,whether you like hearing it or not. I was told auto accidents in Colorado went up 35% due to cannabis, by a cannabis ignorant individual (of course) and it's misinformation like this(from republican party) that was used to make the plant illegal so that it could not intefere with profits from big oil and big pharma. If you don't like the weed then stay away from it but don't tell people your going to go psychotic or forget yourself(could be a good thing) or whatever. People who try to impose their morality on everyone else are a scourge to this planet and a obstacle to world peace. Amen.

*Reads 100's of posts in CD about how cannabis has fucked people up and the negative effects it can have*

Nah, Cannabis is a miracle drug, of course it can't do any harm.

:|

------- my reply-----

That is really well written, just about sums up how I view things

swisscurrie and myself are the evidence....maybe you don't like hearing the truth...but cannabis terpenes are medicinal,whether you like hearing it or not. I was told auto accidents in Colorado went up 35% due to cannabis, by a cannabis ignorant individual (of course) and it's misinformation like this(from republican party) that was used to make the plant illegal so that it could not intefere with profits from big oil and big pharma. If you don't like the weed then stay away from it but don't tell people your going to go psychotic or forget yourself(could be a good thing) or whatever. People who try to impose their morality on everyone else are a scourge to this planet and a obstacle to world peace. Amen.
From what I have read, there is causal evidence of the fact that cannabis can trigger psychotic disorders (trigger, not cause). Is this incorrect? I think it had much to do with the multiple psychotic breaks two of my former friends had, though I can not say this for sure. Would like to hear more. Don't see this as a support for prohibition, I am completely on the side of legalisation. But I do believe every psychoactive substance has the potential for harm and I also believe cannabis can trigger certain mental disorders, until I see evidence otherwise

Last edited:
Yes, I've seen its ill effects on loved ones and I've had consequences due to my cannabis abuse. Its a wonder drug when used sparingly imho.