• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has weed fucked you/anyone you know up?

The only thing I regret is not socializing "normally" as a teen .
To cope with borderm with friends we'd just smoke weed and not do whatever teens do like .... Idk lol . I never did these things haha =/

I can relate to this a lot. Even though i'm still not a full blown adult and am still living this "weird" social life if you want. I have no problems around my usual friends and am comfortable around them, it's more about my ability to go toward people I don't know when i'm high that is affected.

The way I see it, you put "normally" in quotes, I guess because the image of socialization that has been transmitted to teens (that's how I see it), is to go in parties, take drugs/alcohol, etc. The stereotype of american college movies with the football team, cheerleaders and all that bullshit. The popular guy that as so many friends, you know?

I never had difficulties making friends in high school, but now, I just feel way more introverted. I don't hate being that way, but people around me might try to blame it on the cannabis for the reason I spend more time alone and don't socialize a lot with people I don't know at school.

I learned to get over that stereotyped social life most teens would dream of and just follow my own path.

About the original question, I don't think weed has fucked me over, at least yet haha! I can go on with my normal life with cannabis accompanying me without a problem.

and to elaborate on that point, i experienced the same thing. emotional and personal growth when i first started using marijuana, but then as i continued to use and abuse it, i stopped growing personally and it started to take away from my maturity.

the effects from use and long term heavy abuse were totally opposite. it started out positive, enlightening, thought provoking, psychedelic and spiritual. it ended as an addiction which turned me into a paranoid wreck of a human being who basically forgot who i was other than the fact that i smoked weed.
Exactly. That's where weed is so strange/dangerous. In no other drug have I noticed this huge reversion of effects. The so called hard drugs at least give you signs from the beginning that they aren't good for you. Not weed. For the first months - years it's pure positive, it really can improve your life a lot, maybe except the short tem memory. But as you smoke more and more it all inverses. Creativity -> dumb head with no creative thoughs whatsoever. Great sociability -> paranoia, anxiety. Great appetite and loving taster of everything -> you need to smoke to at least be a bit hungry.
Oh and the most typical sign of cannabis ever - LAUGH. Who of us didn't laugh like madman at everything in the beginning when it was all good. After 4 years though I could watch the best comedies and not smile a little :p

Last edited:
This is why we need proper education on how to use cannabis safely. Using it once a week and not allowing yourself to go into full blown abuse mode (daily smoking) is how it should be used, perhaps even less than once a week. It is a minor-psychedelic afterall. Unfortunately society sucks and people are always looking for a way to escape the madness for awhile.. in an ideal world we would treat the herb with respect, but we live in mad times.

We also need quality control on cannabis. It's not like everyone is smoking sun drenched organic cannabis any more.. the majority of it is hydroponic and grown by gangs/individuals who are after quantity not quality, so there is bound to be remains of fake chemicals/fertilizers and god knows what else left in the bud. And no one really knows what affect that has on the brain/mind of a person.. but i'd be willing to bet that the adverse reactions would be a lot less common if we were all smoking proper herb!

I smoked from 16-24 years old, going from a weekend thing with friends to daily smoking by the time i was 19/20. In the beginning it was fucking psychedelic and mind blowing.. I could close my eyes and see the same stuff I would see on mushrooms. Over time the quality of the cannabis decreased (UK here..) and my use increased. I decided to stop smoking altogether last September, so it's been 6 months or so, and I started a Uni course at the same time. I found all my faculties have returned, infact I was quite suprised that my memory recall is actually better than a lot of people here lol! I do have anxiety that sticks with me, it has gotten better since i stopped smoking, but in reality this anxiety is an underlying issue for me that cannabis/psychedelics merely forced to the surface.

I was worried that my social skills were being affected and so forth when I was smoking. Now that i've stopped smoking i realized that most people aren't worth the interaction anyway.. so many idiots and hollow people walking around. Before I would have been slightly anxious talking to them.. now it just makes me laugh, infact it is quite sad really. Don't mistake this for arrogance.. I give everyone a chance. Unfortunately most people put you up for sale as soon as they realize you're a nice guy.. "what can i get from him".. and as soon as i sense that i will stop talking to you.

I have decided to have a smoke this coming summer. I will enjoy it, not abuse it. One smoke on a sunny day, lay in the grass and listen to some music or have a friend round. Then when term starts it's clean again until the next summer.

I was worried that my social skills were being affected and so forth when I was smoking. Now that i've stopped smoking i realized that most people aren't worth the interaction anyway.. so many idiots and hollow people walking around. Before I would have been slightly anxious talking to them.. now it just makes me laugh, infact it is quite sad really. Don't mistake this for arrogance.. I give everyone a chance. Unfortunately most people put you up for sale as soon as they realize you're a nice guy.. "what can i get from him".. and as soon as i sense that i will stop talking to you.

Yeah, you definitely have to sort through the idiots/people who have nothing to bring to the table to find some decent conversationalists. I like to give everybody a chance, though, just like you said... even folks less-educated can have pretty interesting ideas. It's the stubborn ones that you've got to identify and avoid.... reminds me of that quote that no one's ever sourced to me, "Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience," or something like that.

Social anxiety's a bitch and a daily weed habit can easily dig yourself into a deeper hole when it comes to networking and making new connections/friendships.

I like to give everybody a chance, though, just like you said... even folks less-educated can have pretty interesting ideas.

Absolutely. Infact those who are less-educated can sometimes be more open to ideas and have more ideas to offer than their better educated counterparts! They have less self-limiting beliefs and conditioning. This is why it is always good to give everyone a chance. Unfortunately there is a distinct lack of quality people in western society today.. the corruption of mind runs so very deep. It is my belief that smoking cannabis reveals this to you, and in yourself, which is a great source of anxiety and paranoia. More powerful psychedelics do the same thing.

And yeh social anxiety sucks. But the people of the West have forgotten what it means to be good at social interaction anyway! We have no benchmark for decency and humble conversations anymore.. everyone is running around with their toys and money like spoilt children. Intelligent conversation is rare for me these days.. so when i encounter those moments/people who are capable, I cherrish it so much! It makes life worth living when you find another brother :)

To answer your question in short - probably.

I would say weed has had ill effects on every smoker... it is a drug that has symptoms, particulary if abused.

I think a lot of what weed cops is related to abuse.. if you are stoned all the time, of course it is going to effect your life negatively...

but come on, srsly... if you think weed can have a huge impact (unless predisposed to mental conditions) you are wrong... we are not talking about strong physical addiction, depletion of needed brain chemicals (e.g. serotonin) or detrimental long term mental conditions.

If you are a stoner, I'm sorry - you are going to feel lethargic, paranoid and anxious frequently.. thats what happens when you alter reality semi-permanently.

If you can't handle these effects - quit or learn to handle it - simple as that...

With weed, this bluelighter is BANG ON THE MONEY.
100% True

To make this thread more positive, despite all the bad things I now think about MJ I still believe that all those changes on brain caused by MJ are reversible. In last 6 months I only smoked several times and every day I'm getting more normal again. Anxiety is almost out, memory is very good.

I do think I'll be able to become occasional smoker (once per 1-3 weeks) and enjoying the high again. But I still need little more time.

From what I have seen a small subset of people who abuse cannabis develop psychological issues. More often than this I have seen someone blame psychological issues on cannabis as a scape goat. This may be due to guilt for using the drug or just because someone knows that cannabis MIGHT cause these problems. If you start smoking during puberty you may already have underlying psychological issues that are just waiting for you to get a bit older before they manifest themselves. You really don't have any way of knowing that cannabis did or didn't cause you to develop psychological issues.

If you start smoking during puberty you may already have underlying psychological issues that are just waiting for you to get a bit older before they manifest themselves. You really don't have any way of knowing that cannabis did or didn't cause you to develop psychological issues.

Yeah.... I fucked all the money up on that one.

If anything marijuana has done nothing but enrich my life and allow me to see and understand things for what they are. I did not start smoking weed until about 19 years of age, so most of my physical and mental development had come to an end, so I can see how it effects different people in different ways.

Weed fucking up someone's life? Thats like saying wine coolers fucked up your life. I guess if you cant handle your shit it might become a problem. And I just laugh at the "mental" problens you guys are claiming it causes. Key word there, MENTAL, as in, something in YOUR mind. Something YOU can control. If you harness weed for its positive uses (pain relief, creativity, relaxation) you would be laughing at this thread too.

Literally the only thing negative I can think of is the smoke inhalation, which can be worked around in various ways

So if you caught some charges because of weed it's just because you mentally can't handle your shit? What about sativa psychosis? Losing a job because the boss randomly popped you for a UA after several years of being in the clear? What about family discontent? Relationship issues due to your use/abuse? Losing custody of children because your estranged spouse mentioned in court that you enjoy a nice session every now and then and get a court-ordered UA?

You do know that physical, psychoactive substances can and do alter your "MENTAL"ity, also known as your state of mind and mindset, right?

If "literally" the only negative thing you can think of regarding smoking weed in the US is smoke inhalation, I think you need to "harness weed" to help you think things through a bit more. Coming up with one idea and then calling it a day is either a cop-out, a sign of bias or a lack of intellect. Don't get me wrong, I love to smoke. I love nearly everything about the habit, but just because I love something doesn't blind me to the cons in spite of the pros. You go ahead and laugh at this thread, I'll go ahead and laugh at your ridiculously one-sided logic.

If someone has a problem with me smoking ganj its not someone Id probably talk to anyway. This includes family. As far as jobs UTing, try a job that doesnt, or be your own boss. You know whats an easy way to avoid custody problems? Dont have kids. I know im a selfish prick but it is possible to smoke a lot of weed and still do whatever you want.

So yeah, I will keep laughing at this thread

Just the fact that you're finding solutions (albeit, as you say, selfish and, as I say, anti-social) to problems admits that the problems do exist.

Ok so im anti social. I made up my mind a long time ago that I was going to do whatever I wanted to do, regardless of what other people think. Obviously, I dont mean doing anything that would effect someone else negatively, but if its something that I do that has no bearing on anyone else, and I enjoy doing it, Imma do it. And if thats anti-social whatever, society is lame anyway. Too many indians, not enough chiefs. Youre talkin to a chief

and Jibult im not trying to argue with you everyones situation is different I understand that. Im just sayin if you support yourself you dont need to try to impress anyone by hiding that you smoke weed. Dont go singin in the streets about it, but dont be ashamed of it.

And I guess the fact that if you can cope wih the "negatives" of smoking that some people are listing in this thread, youre ready to experience the best drug on Earth IMO.

Also, arguing its bad because its illegal is a moot point. Everyone outiside of the Christian Right can see its not a fucking crime, and considering God made everything on Earth that means God made weed so Id like to tell the Christian Right to go back to the hills and stop preaching about shit nobody beleives in

Last edited:
if its something that I do that has no bearing on anyone else, and I enjoy doing it, Imma do it. And if thats anti-social whatever, society is lame anyway. Too many indians, not enough chiefs. Youre talkin to a chief

No, anti-social is avoiding talking to family and friends because they're genuinely concerned about your well-being, regardless of whether you think their concern is well-founded or not. Anti-social is avoiding having children because of any hardships you might have to go through as a parent. Anti-social is being the chief of yourself, with no indians to back you up because you think society is lame (by the way, that's not being a chief-- that's being a loner).

Call me whatever, loner , anti-social, selfish, whatever. Im just gonna keep enjoying my weed.

I would say that I'm addicted to cannabis, not physically, god no :L but mentally, I don't feel comfortable if I don't "know" that I can have a smoke of weed at some point in the day, I don't actually need to be stoned to feel comfortable, I just need to know that I'll be getting stoned later to feel relaxed. Also, sleeping without smoking is not impossible, but I'll toss and turn for a few hours rather than <60 minutes that I'm used to.
If I didn't know I suffered from anxiety before I started smoking cannabis then I would blame it for that, but it just makes it a bit worse, nothing I need med's for anyway. The occasional throat ache from smoking weed sprayed with glass/asbestos (We get that sometimes over here) and a bit of paranoia because it's illegal but that's about it.
Fairly harmless drug, just some people are pre-conditioned to have a sense of addiction from it, but then again, most of the western world is addicted to caffeine which is more harmful than cannabis...

And I just laugh at the "mental" problens you guys are claiming it causes. Key word there, MENTAL, as in, something in YOUR mind. Something YOU can control.

Mind and body are two things that shouldn't be seperated. Why do you think they prescribe pills that affect the brain for depression?

^that's not true. People should be able to disconnect mind and body, but know how to come back together.

These drugs people get prescribed are not something good, dude...they just drugs that are pushed onto the desperate and ignorant.

OP - well to start with - weed won't fuck anyone up.

People with problems who smoke weed allow themselves to get fucked up. Like you did.

I allowed myself to get too passive and it amplified and reinforced my bad self image because I allowed it to. Once I stopped smoking it for 8 months and then changed the way I smoked and consciously changed how I thought about myself when stoned - I saw positive results.

I still don't smoke often as I can't afford to lose my drive right now, and that's a possibility too big if I smoke a few times a week, when my willpower is still so low.

However - mind control, you can reinforce positivity in yourself with the help of a joint, and realize amazing things while you're a bit high (not too high).

The people I've seen who shouldn't be smoking weed - well, it would be arrogant to say weed fucked them up...and ignorant.

Weed brings sides of people out of themselves, and if it's a schizo side for instance, I think I would much rather it came out earlier than later in life, so I knew it was there, and I would find it easier to deal with for the rest of my life, whereas you can go through all sorts of denial for a lot longer, and acting out of unexplainable strange behaviours if it still lay dormant.

It's called the healing herb for a reason, it's just not everyone's cuppa tea (but what is?!?!).