• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Has modern mdma changed from what it used to be?

EyesSizeOfTheMoon

Bluelighter
This is probably a stupid question, but I feel like the MDMA I've gotten lately has been lacking the magic it used to have. I've tried 2 different batches of MDMA, which tested black for MDMA and red supermans straight from Europe....nothing. I get an amazing 3 hour body high with all the normal effects of what MDMA should have, but it lacks the happiness, love and confidence I used to get on it. I was starting to think that the PMK oil method had to do with it instead of using safrole since it's been harder to obtain. I've read a lot of people saying "MDMA is MDMA is MDMA" so trust me, I know what's coming for me xD. I was just curious I guess. It sucks because I really AM getting MDMA, but it just doesn't have that special something, you know?

P.S. I've tried many different types of research chemicals, especially M1 to know the difference in effects. I first started taking ecstasy in 2009, which was the only time I've had the real deal.

This is probably a stupid question, but I feel like the MDMA I've gotten lately has been lacking the magic it used to have. I've tried 2 different batches of MDMA, which tested black for MDMA and red supermans straight from Europe....nothing. I get an amazing 3 hour body high with all the normal effects of what MDMA should have, but it lacks the happiness, love and confidence I used to get on it. I was starting to think that the PMK oil method had to do with it instead of using safrole since it's been harder to obtain. I've read a lot of people saying "MDMA is MDMA is MDMA" so trust me, I know what's coming for me xD. I was just curious I guess. It sucks because I really AM getting MDMA, but it just doesn't have that special something, you know?

P.S. I've tried many different types of research chemicals, especially M1 to know the difference in effects. I first started taking ecstasy in 2009, which was the only time I've had the real deal.

sounds like me. I believe that is us and not the drug sir. our minds & bodies have walked that path many times, I think after awhile the road gets dull ;/ . though I love to think one day I will be smacked back in to cuddle puddle bliss chatting like a school girl . one day lol

When you become accustomed to MDMA, I find that the special something doesn't come from the drug itself but rather the setting you're in. The drug will put you into a state where you're able to find that special something, you just need to be with the right people in the right setting. The MDMA is still MDMA, you just don't experience it like you used to. It's pretty common for the MDMA experience to change over time. I know it's changed for me and I've only been taking it over the course of just over 2 years and quite responsibly. For me, the experience is more euphoric with a heightened sense of music appreciation than it was at the start, but, with a trade-off of less empathy and the feeling of being all loved up. I still feel empathy and love for others around me, but not that deeply intense feeling I did towards the beginning. It's now more setting-dependent for me too, whereas at the start I'd just be loving it even if the setting wasn't ideal.

Have you tried taking a really long break? That's my only suggestion really.

mdma is mdma is mdma ;)

trust me, it's not the mdma (if what you're getting is indeed mdma, but since you tested it i believe so). i've been in the same situation and tried some of those super-awesome pills from many years ago i stil had lying around, but no success. your best chances are trying mdma in a different environment or taking a looong break.
of course if you abused mdma and similar rc's, simple tolerance could also be a factor. then upping your dose would work, but it's unhealthy to say the least and not recommended at all. especially when a break can achieve more.

but loss of magic also happens with use "according to the manual".
ime there was a definite improvement (like 50% as good as it used to be) in the effects after 2 years. this summer i'll hopefully have data on if a pause of 4 years brings back the magic.

If a molecule "changes", it's no longer the original molecule. So, no.. MDMA hasn't changed at all. You have, is much more likely.

I noticed that if I dont take it with someone and I am the only one who rolls, it almost goes to waste :/ its just hedonistic orgasmic feeling, but something is missing. I wont do it again when theres not someone taking mdma also. I will give my stuff for free if needed lol

Yeah sharing is caring, but when acquiring certain drugs that are rare and super expensive youll think twice before u share :)

Oh, I feel you man... been there more times than I can count lmao.

so much assumption and ego in this thread...

here is what an mdma molecule from 1920 looked like:

methylenedioxymethamphetami.gif

here is what an mdma molecule from today looks like:

alasdair

alasdair

Perhaps one of the hardest games of 'Spot the difference' you'll ever play.

alasdair

<3 this post but... when you look at the molecule you have to remember its a 3 D thing. There are differences - these differences in molecule shape = change in effects.

yvV6LO3.jpg

^ That would require someone to make something other than racemic MDMA which has not been reported by any major labs, as far as I know, and I've looked quite a bit..

It takes quite a bit more time and money to make a sample enantiomerically pure, considering both R-MDMA and S-MDMA are deemed to be inferior to R,S-MDMA it wouldn't make much sense to go through the effort.

^ That would require someone to make something other than racemic MDMA which has not been reported by any major labs, as far as I know, and I've looked quite a bit.. It takes quite a bit more time and money to make a sample enantiomerically pure, considering both R-MDMA and S-MDMA are deemed to be inferior to R,S-MDMA it wouldn't make much sense to go through the effort.

Glad you agree :/.

Well, there is no denying that different isomers can have different effects. He is asking if the "MDMA" that's been going into the pills he's taken has changed at all though. I really doubt anyone started selling single isomers of MDMA in commercial amounts, a few small batches here and there? Sure. I just don't believe it's spread in a wholesale fashion before. (would love to be proved wrong on that, though.)

i understand that. my point was... well, you know my point :)

alasdair

Going from the test results from Edata etc then I can speculate that some of the precursors are 'tainted' these impurities will lead to a different kind of MDMA being produced. Just look back over the last say 10 years on the pills reported 'untested' on sites like pillreports.

Point is that MDMA is, was, and coincidentally always will be, MDMA. I'm sure you could make a genetically modified banana if you really wanted to, but it's not like that shit is actually going to get sold in a supermarket. Thus, a banana will always be a banana, perhaps one day you'll enjoy said banana more because you had a better set/setting for eating it.