• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Has anyone tried any of these new N/A beers on the market?

I can't even imagine drinking, N/A beer. I think I had one once. I can't physically drink anymore and the thought of N/A beer seems like a cruel tease. No buzz, screw that there are plenty of N/A beverages that taste better than beer. Beer without a buzz seems pointless. Since I can't drink anyways that would be the ultimate tease for me.

I've noticed non alcoholic IPAs showing up.

The entire idea of N/A beers is illogical to me, but I don't judge other people for enjoying them.

To me it's like cocaine-free crack rocks. Pointless.

I'd rather drink a virgin shirley temple aka ginger sprite

Partially I agree. It's like de-caf coffee, you're taking out the substance that's a main reason for drinking the stuff in the first place. Also it just doesn't taste the same in both cases.

However I can see a point to them if the taste can be got right. Like I love the taste of coffee but caffeine makes me jittery.
With non-alcoholic 'alcohol' I think the wine is better than the beer from what I've tried. There was a brand called Iceberg which was a de-alcoholized white wine. That was actually very pleasant served cold with a nice fresh salad on a summer's day. I liked it because I wanted that wine taste but in the heat I don't tolerate alcohol well, it'll make me woozy (not in a good way) and sick in no time.

Partially I agree. It's like de-caf coffee, you're taking out the substance that's a main reason for drinking the stuff in the first place. Also it just doesn't taste the same in both cases.

However I can see a point to them if the taste can be got right. Like I love the taste of coffee but caffeine makes me jittery.
With non-alcoholic 'alcohol' I think the wine is better than the beer from what I've tried. There was a brand called Iceberg which was a de-alcoholized white wine. That was actually very pleasant served cold with a nice fresh salad on a summer's day. I liked it because I wanted that wine taste but in the heat I don't tolerate alcohol well, it'll make me woozy (not in a good way) and sick in no time.
Really? Nonalcoholic wine? What's next, alcohol free whiskey? Sorry, it just seems like a tease. The taste, but no chance of a buzz. It might get me to try real alcoholic beverages to find out if my liver has healed enough to drink again. Well the good news would be, if I could once again drink, Bluelight would probably be rid of me forever in short period of time. Lol

Really? Nonalcoholic wine? What's next, alcohol free whiskey? Sorry, it just seems like a tease. The taste, but no chance of a buzz. It might get me to try real alcoholic beverages to find out if my liver has healed enough to drink again. Well the good news would be, if I could once again drink, Bluelight would probably be rid of me forever in short period of time. Lol

Non-alcoholic beer wouldn't work for me either because that's my go-to drink if I wanna get pissed. Whereas wine I actually drink for the taste more than the intoxicating effects, and I'll only have a couple of glasses with a meal usually in any case.

Non-alcoholic beer wouldn't work for me either because that's my go-to drink if I wanna get pissed. Whereas wine I actually drink for the taste more than the intoxicating effects, and I'll only have a couple of glasses with a meal usually in any case.
ah, you are someone who uses it a beverage with meals. As opposed to someone who is like I was: someone one drank to get, as you put it pissed.
I guess that is another way of saying, plastered or wasted. I wonder has anyone ever started a thread on here with all the ways people can say drunk?

yea i wouldn't do a NA beer either

Guiness and Carona are already low enough if you're looking to have a beer without much of a buzz

yea i wouldn't do a NA beer either

Guiness and Carona are already low enough if you're looking to have a beer without much of a buzz

Berliner Weisse. (white beer from Berlin.)

It is really useless for getting drunk but is deliciously refreshing. It only has about 3.5% and is the only beer I drink purely for enjoyment. It is a 'lactic' beer and this brewing technique gives it a quite unique taste ; slightly sour / tangy with an almost citrus note. Traditionally complemented with a shot of either woodruff or raspberry syrup.

ah, you are someone who uses it a beverage with meals.

As opposed to someone who is like I was: someone one drank to get, as you put it pissed.
I guess that is another way of saying, plastered or wasted. I wonder has anyone ever started a thread on here with all the ways people can say drunk?

*trolleyed.
*rat-arsed.
*wellied.
*trousered.

I think at this point in British English you could just use ANY random word as a synonym for being drunk. I'm sure if I said 'I got totally gazebo'd last night' people would know what I meant. 😝

Berliner Weisse. (white beer from Berlin.)

It is really useless for getting drunk but is deliciously refreshing. It only has about 3.5% and is the only beer I drink purely for enjoyment. It is a 'lactic' beer and this brewing technique gives it a quite unique taste ; slightly sour / tangy with an almost citrus note. Traditionally complemented with a shot of either woodruff or raspberry syrup.

Taste-and-Appearance-of-Lambic-Beer.jpg

Lambic is ok too if you're looking for a refresher or you're feelin a little fruity

I'd like to give one of the NA IPAs a try but it's hard for me to get enthused if there is no buzz. I've seen them in the store but I'm not buying them to drink at home.
The only time I would drink them would be in a bar or a party where I don't want to overdrink but also want to seem to fit in. Hopefully they taste decent.
Years ago I went to a bar in Salt Lake City, so very Mormon. I was putting away these really tasty IPAs but not getting shit for a buzz. Found that they were only allowed to make 3.2% beer.

Generally, a N/A beer is good for when you want ->a<- beer. Maybe two. And then you don't want to end up "drinking beer" (all night).
I, indeed, couldn't see knocking back a 6 pack.

it's like bumming a cig that you don't like

fuck it, i'd rather not smoke

Fuck, back in my broke boy student days I used to turn down smokes I tried bumming if the person pulled out a pack I found to be not worth my time. Beggars can be choosers, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

As for N/A beer, the ones I've had tasted fucked so I've kept away ever since.
However, as a man who likes gin cocktails I've tried various N/A fake liquor and found it to be quite good as far as taste.
Maybe I'll give N/A beer a try again some time but if it tastes like Michelob Ultra, I'm out forever.

Alcohol free whiskey is already a thing believe it or not. I came up with the idea more than twenty years ago as a joke, I never imagined I'd live to see a time when it was actually being produced.

K74700mlProductImage_1800x1800.jpg

I'd give that a go. The non-alcoholic liquors tend to be better by far, in my experience, to non-alco beer. Most beers have an alcohol content so low it's practically non-alco anyway.
I think until recently beers weren't even considered alcoholic drinks in Russia. Putin only cracked down because of the rampant degeneracy fucking with his propaganda about the strength of the nation.