• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Has anyone taken over 2000 milligrams of DXM and lived?

Hello former dxm addict here.

First thing I see is you mention 888mg. That's uusually what's in the big delsym bottle. That's the dxm polistirex, extended release.

Basically that's like taking 444mg now and 444 thru the next 8 or so hours. So it's not truly 888mg.

Next point is, that's how a lot of people go too far, thinking I took 888mg last time, I'll take 1000mg this time, well this time it's HBR and all 1000mg is dumped in your system at once and you get really sick.

Back to the OP, towards the end of my dxm addiction I was taking between 1800mg-2.4g at a time. Has it been done? Yes. Is it fun? Hell no. Even with the daily tolerance I had It still wasn't "fun", and with little to no tolerance it could end In death.

I was an idiot so you don't have to be .

Okay so it seems my mysteriousness in the area of where my DXM is coming from has vanished. I will be taking yes, 1 bottle of Delsym along with 40 robitussin cough-gells which I hear are HBR. That makes a total of 1488 mg of dxm. I currently plan on taking 500 mg of DPH with it. The plan is to loose my mind for a couple days but not die or go to the hospital. Actually it would be cool if I went to the hospital but just not for long because I have school. If I go to the hospital though, I would have to take it in public because my Dad is too much of a sociopath to take me to the hospital. He would rather let me die.
What do you mean "DXM addict"? I mean, how serious was the addiction?

1488 could kill you. you are almost sure to go to the hospital since you have no tolerance yet.

If you plan is to be fucked up for several days...why not dose normal doses for several days straight....like take 800 mg each day for 3 days straight.

lots of amazing drugs out there to experience befor you kill yourself from dxm.

dxm plus dph sound like one of the worst possible drug experiences possible.

i love dxm on its own....but it doesn't combine well with certain things.

get some good drugs for chirst sake....punishing yourself with shitting drugs and obscene doses isn't fair
ask the bad kids at your school for good drugs...it will actually be more safe than doing the shit you are proposing. except i wouldn't fuck with heroin anymore since its all pure fent and will kill you instantly

Last edited:
My normal dose is over 2g but I weigh 265lb and body weight has a big impact on dose needed. I have done about 3.5g intentionally and may have nearly died but I am going to go higher soon because my life means little to me. I was a failed abortion in a garbage can so others agree.

Serotonin Syndrome is deadly. And 20-30 mg can cause Serotonin Syndrome. The highest dose I've done is 900mg, and remembered the trip (I have no idea how) I kept it in a "trip journal) with pictures I drew about my experiences and memories I faced along with other shit. you play with over 1k and you risk death which is completely final. but you do what you are going to do and no one can tell you different. Let me put it this way. Its not exciting, its not just getting "fucked" up, its real shit and the walls between you and other worlds get really thin. Plus if you compartmentilize memories or dissociate at all....you can go insane. in other words Go at your own risk, you've been well warned.

And 20-30 mg can cause Serotonin Syndrome.

Only realistically if other serious contraindications are involved, pharmaceutical or general though?

As for the topic and questions about the maximum limits if you only afford to get 'a little bit hurt': It's an impossible question to ask here. Expect to from 800 to 2000+ mg to see an exponential increase in toxicity / harm. With DPH involved those amounts would be drastically lower, dependent on the amount of DPH and even more unreasonable to guestimate (because who can tell you for sure? - nobody).

So what's the point of this thread? You should know the range of where objectionable goes to extremely objectionable yet only you know how to quantify 'a little harm', TS.

Maybe there is some anecdotal evidence of people dosing in this highest problematic range but I haven't heard anyone yet argue why this high range is anything like acceptable.

We could go on to see this thread gather increasingly more objections but what point you're not getting yet I'm not sure you will be getting later.

Anything else?

Okay so I just got out of jail and my Dad found out while I was in and took it so now I have no chance of taking anything more until I move out. I don't want to anymore anyway. You guys have convinced me to stop taking drugs. They mess with your mind. Even LSD, I have to admit.

I have taken over 2000 mgs of dxm.
I shall not go into detail.
Ignorance often causes people to attack credibility instead of listening to what is to be said.
I AM dexter xavier malachi, the white rabbit, of the invisible order illuminati.
I occassionaly slip over 2000 mgs some days with muccinex, take like 13 lay down to meditate, and when I stand up I begin my trip, I may eat 3 here 7 there and go over. I don't black out, I couldn't go unconscious if I tried...anyways thats all for now

I have taken over 2000 mgs of dxm.
I shall not go into detail.
Ignorance often causes people to attack credibility instead of listening to what is to be said.
I AM dexter xavier malachi, the white rabbit, of the invisible order illuminati.
I occassionaly slip over 2000 mgs some days with muccinex, take like 13 lay down to meditate, and when I stand up I begin my trip, I may eat 3 here 7 there and go over. I don't black out, I couldn't go unconscious if I tried...anyways thats all for now

Are you trying to kill yourself?

Ive done 2grams a couple of times now.
Not in one dose but spread out over around 12hours or so.

I noticed that i cant sleep after dxm so i usually end up taking more after my initial dose of around 7-800mg.

Its def a process to find your sweetspots with robotripping.
I really like to be on the edge when tripping.
However to high of an initial dose will just black me out..
However once im in robospace i dont sant to leave.
So i usually take refills of 4-600mg's after ny first.
I usually always get around 100whippets and quality bud for my spacewalks.

Ive done 2grams 2 times now, and dxm totally around 10 times.
Last time was in feb and im in no hurry to go back.
But i def will when i feel its that time again.

I took around 2200mg ended up in ER anything over about 1200mg is pointless for me and I'm 6'3" 265lbs

I took around 2200mg ended up in ER anything over about 1200mg is pointless for me and I'm 6'3" 265lbs

Did you do it all at once or spread out?
Cause going that high in one dose is def not recomended.

When ive done 2g doses or even anything over 6-700mg im not going out for 2days.
I plan ahead and just stay home untill im back to somewhat reality.

Naloxine may be an antidote to DXM poisoning. DXO has about the same affinity for the mu-opioid receptor as the NMDA receptor.

My god dude, what would posess you to take that much of it? You will earn literally nothing from it, and the physical effects will be terrible at that dose. 1000 mg is the MAX you should go. The nausea, body load, and other effects will strip the magic away and you?ll feel sick as shit.

Also, if you?re trying to hide this from your girlfriend, it?s probably not a good idea.

You don't die when you go into deep sleep, you just lose consciousness. I can't say for sure there's a difference because I've never been dead but it seems a lot more likely that there's a fundamental difference.

Given you've attempted suicide, maybe you just don't care if you live or die. You mentioned a girlfriend though, you seem to care about her, so think about what this would do to her if you died. What it would do to you family. You'd never get to live the rest of life. I gather you're quite young, you don't even know what it is to live a life yet. Your young years are difficult and intense, you feel like you know what's up but you don't yet, you can't, no one does. No one ever really knows what it's all about but at least when you get older you have developed more, your hormones and emotions stop being so wild. It's a big fucking world we're in, with a lot of potential for amazing things. Do something you like doing and feel passionate about, just work on that and everything will fall into place eventually.

So take 888mg again... or like, 1000mg if you have to push it. Why would you think you need to take 2-3 times as much to see the truth again? Overdosing on DXM is not the answer to finding the truth, or happiness, or purpose in life. Psychedelics can be good tools for showing you some things, but the real value in them lies in taking that into your everyday life. And I don't mean taking psychedelics (or DXM) every day, I mean taking what you learned and using it to improve your life. So you've seen the truth, that's awesome, so have I. As a result of that, and working on myself, I'm really happy and doing what I love and I have a great life, I'm happy with myself and my choices, overall, even though I've made plenty of mistakes. I've wanted to check out a few times, but I'm so glad I didn't. I'm 33 now, so much has happened since I was young and I thought I had the answers. Growing up is hard, but it's worth doing. <3

Thats why I love this mother fucker and hope to one day shoot the breeze with him. God my 17 year old self was such a know it all prick to my parents.... They were the victims, not I!