• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Has anyone taken over 2000 milligrams of DXM and lived?

I knew a guy who did DXM regularly at insane doses. He also would combine it with DPH almost every time. The doses were always over 1g and I'm sure he did even more than 2g many times.
Firstly he would barely remember anything that happened during the trip.
That alone makes it seem kinda pointless, but that's not even the worst part; his final trip was him combining LSD DXM and DPH which made him have a complete psychotic break and trip for a week straight.
He spend all that time in the hospital completely unaware of the world. He's now completely fucked and probably will never be completely sober ever again.
He wasn't a stupid person but talking to him would leave you with that impression because of how totally fucked he is. He got sent to rehab as soon as he was deemed sober enough to understand the concept.

It's really not worth it. DXM is not a good enough drug to risk your life on.
I'd rather be dead than in that guys position and if you saw him you'd probably agree.
That is why I will be taking choline, so I'l remember.

You don't die when you go into deep sleep, you just lose consciousness. I can't say for sure there's a difference because I've never been dead but it seems a lot more likely that there's a fundamental difference.

Given you've attempted suicide, maybe you just don't care if you live or die. You mentioned a girlfriend though, you seem to care about her, so think about what this would do to her if you died. What it would do to you family. You'd never get to live the rest of life. I gather you're quite young, you don't even know what it is to live a life yet. Your young years are difficult and intense, you feel like you know what's up but you don't yet, you can't, no one does. No one ever really knows what it's all about but at least when you get older you have developed more, your hormones and emotions stop being so wild. It's a big fucking world we're in, with a lot of potential for amazing things. Do something you like doing and feel passionate about, just work on that and everything will fall into place eventually.

Because I want to see the truth again.

So take 888mg again... or like, 1000mg if you have to push it. Why would you think you need to take 2-3 times as much to see the truth again? Overdosing on DXM is not the answer to finding the truth, or happiness, or purpose in life. Psychedelics can be good tools for showing you some things, but the real value in them lies in taking that into your everyday life. And I don't mean taking psychedelics (or DXM) every day, I mean taking what you learned and using it to improve your life. So you've seen the truth, that's awesome, so have I. As a result of that, and working on myself, I'm really happy and doing what I love and I have a great life, I'm happy with myself and my choices, overall, even though I've made plenty of mistakes. I've wanted to check out a few times, but I'm so glad I didn't. I'm 33 now, so much has happened since I was young and I thought I had the answers. Growing up is hard, but it's worth doing. <3

It is known that these psychosis inducing drugs can permanently worsen schizophrenia and speed along its onset. "I want to see the truth again" - this is some real mental illness stuff, watch out or you'll worsen your condition and it won't just be psychosis for a week.

I'll point out that schizophrenia patients often have severe depression and flat affect, drug induced psychosis and worsened schizophrenia doesn't always equal desirable effects

While a lot of trip exploring I did when younger was rather harmless I also sought 'ultimate' [breakthrough] experiences but those for the most part were vain quests of dragonchasing. Do that kind of thing with a drug that's reasonably safe to push though. This is a harm reduction forum so take the damn advice from the good posts above ^. Abusing DXM can already be irresponsible so I agree you're already pushing it with the 1000 mg and you're better off avoiding drugs and being with your girlfriend (being in a relationship has sort of helped be stay out of trouble for a fair part) if you're being ignorant with OTC meds.

Just be satisfied with that without having to be the zillionth guy who had to look for the limit by pretty much risking ODing which then often ends up happening (eventually).
Many of us were young and stupid at one point, just ffs don't be dangerously stupid.

But then if you're forfeiting your life we would really be having a different discussion which would probably belong in The Dark Side. But you seem to steer at that edge, if you're not trolling you might need some help.

2400 mg is just way way way too much, and very unnecessary. 900mg was the most I ever took. Read the book, "The Invisible Landscape" the author ended up dying from DXM overdose. if you're really really trying to go FAR in a more reasonable manner, perhaps consider a dose like 500mg and some Salvia Divinorum. it's a hack i learned about ten years ago. Dissociatives seem to remove all the unpleasant side effects of salvia divinorum. Personally I found the combo far more intense than DMT.

Also, i think you should tell your girlfriend about how you're spending your free time. Honesty is the best policy, especially for relationships. That's my two cents worth of additional input anyways. Her discovering that you chose to hid the knowledge of this extracurricular activity (especially while you're on DXM) could be very humiliating. I think you should just tell her what objectives of yours have you interested in doing drugs and require them to be fulfilled.

So take 888mg again... or like, 1000mg if you have to push it. Why would you think you need to take 2-3 times as much to see the truth again? Overdosing on DXM is not the answer to finding the truth, or happiness, or purpose in life. Psychedelics can be good tools for showing you some things, but the real value in them lies in taking that into your everyday life. And I don't mean taking psychedelics (or DXM) every day, I mean taking what you learned and using it to improve your life. So you've seen the truth, that's awesome, so have I. As a result of that, and working on myself, I'm really happy and doing what I love and I have a great life, I'm happy with myself and my choices, overall, even though I've made plenty of mistakes. I've wanted to check out a few times, but I'm so glad I didn't. I'm 33 now, so much has happened since I was young and I thought I had the answers. Growing up is hard, but it's worth doing.

Well put

Last edited:
I think your confusion is in they type of Rollercoaster you want to ride... nobody in their "right" mind wants to get on one where the tracks are missing at the end... that is a pain nobody wants to experience when you finally hit the ground

In my younger days i used to have a mentality like yours (very dangerous and not good at all I might add) kinda but there were key differences, I wanted the ride at some point to end and me to get off... what you propose you may not have that as an option

I only did DXM a handful of times but a few of them were at the theme park riding actal Rollercoasters...dumb move maybe and probably (don't do this know idea if it's safe)... I guess what I'm getting at is there's other ways to increase your experience other than dosing hard. idk think about what you really want... and it's surely not do leave the ones you care about like this girlfriend you mentioned. You have already stated you care what she thinks....

Why has no one mentioned Sigma plateau? It is safer and may give your 888mg experience a run for its money. It is 3 lower doses spread between 3 hours each.

Okay so I have been thinking about what you guys have been telling me and I decided to take less. So I just ordered 1476 mg of DXM rather that 2274 and 15,000 mg of DPH and I'm gonna take it all at once and see what happens.

15,000mg of DPH? I would be concerned if you planned to take even 150mg DPH with that amount of DXM.

15 grams of dph (Benadryl) WILL kill you, no exceptions. I did something like 250 MG, 1/60th that dose, without the combination of the dxm, and still got crazy results (crazy, not fun. Big difference).

Okay maybe I should take less but I'm really suicidal so I don't really care if I die but okay I'l consider taking less

Listen boy, I'm warning you. Stay the fuck away from DXM, once or twice is fine, but fucking 2000mg even ONCE, will for sure fuck you up. Don't do this shit, it's borderline suicidal, I ended up in the hospital for seizures from 800mg of DXM and I am defiantly fucked in the head from dxm.
If one thing will change your mind, dxm was used by my last pysch in his old studies to stimulate sigma receptors in rats to mimic schizophrenia

Even if you take 1500mg you probably may not die, you'll end up fucked up for the rest of your life. DXM is not a drug you want to kill yourself on.

Nobody wants to help you kill yourself so please stop asking.

What's going on in your life that led you to this point? There's a lot of people here who know exactly what you're feeling cause they've been through it too. It helps bring it out in the open.

No-one cares about my except for my girlfriend and my friend. No-one else even knows me. I used to be spiritual, but now I've given up meditation because what if spy kids 3 is true. You've all seen spy kids 3, right? What if it's true? What if the whole spiritual journey is a flytrap?
When I was in ninth grade, I was peer-pressured against my will to dance and rap every day in front of all my evil schoolmates. Three years later, everyone including my family still thinks that that is who I am when that was never who I am. And now it's worse since I'm on drugs. I took an analogue of LSD in search for the truth, but got little more than questions and a nautious feeling. Taking DXM was the first time everything made sense.

What if we are all energy beings who have been led into a flytrap(the white light) and are believing that we are something we are not? Than the logical thing to do is die, give the white light and the creepy blue man or Jesus or whoever shows up urging you to go in the middle finger, and escape. Right?

Whatever I do, I fail. It just always seems like life is out to get me.

I don't fear death. I don't even fear pain. The only reason why i don't cut myself is because I don't want to ruin my perfect body.

I think my girlfriend is getting suspicious. If she asks me if I do drugs when I go to school tomorrow, I am going to tell her. The worst possible outcome is that we brake up because she already told me that she hates drugs. If that happens, then it is the end for sure.

There's a lot of things going on this planet that when we get the revelation make us sick to our stomach and want to die. I spent three years in an acutely suicidal state. The false light is actually a thing. I've experienced it too. It's called the astral plane and there are things going on there that trick us. Including fake Jesus apparitions. I've experienced it and many other have too. I've educated myself on the topic and will never fall for it again. You can rest assured that there is more to the grand scheme of things then what you experienced. I OD'd on DXM once and it was torture. I really don't wish that on you. Consider yourself lucky to have gotten a glimpse of the truth. Now you can make better decisions. Consider it a gift and learn from it. That's my advice. Don't go into self-destruct mode. It's tempting, I know, but that what's called being played like a fiddle. You're better than that.

^ A+ info levels.
Seriously ForestMan, I've been there too, and drugs are not a band-aid for a dangerously infected wound of the spirit. Persistence has its perks, though it may be hard to feel in the moment you are in. Maybe you need to put your magic hood on and commune with the forest, man, meditate under a tree. Then reflect on your life, where you've been, where you are, and let your experience help you see a better future, and then take the first step towards creating it. It's really a much more rewarding trip than any fleeting drug-facilitated state of distorted consciousness. Yeah, through the distortions you may catch some pretty things, but 'the truth'? You'd have to expand upon that for me to believe it.

Last edited:
Good news! We did not brake up yesterday. In fact, the opposite happened.

Life is still terrible besides her. She is the only sunshine in my life. Thank you all for your words. I would still like to know how much DPH I can take without getting hurt. I mean, it's okay if I get a little bit hurt. Will be posting a trip report in a few weeks.