• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Has anyone here used ghb/gbl moderately without having a disaster?

I think as long as you're careful with it and allow yourself time off you should be okay. For me, I took it a whole year a couple of years back for bodybuilding purposes. I had a great source and I would only give myself a cap full every night before bed. And what I noticed was even if I only got a few hours of sleep.. I would wake up refreshed and feeling like I had the best 8 to 10 hours of sleep because I was in a deep REM sleep. I felt like it also strengthened my immune system and even though I was already really lean at the time since I was in my early twenties.. I felt like it was burning more of that abdominal fat. People talk about that growth hormone release from GHB. I don't know if it's true or not but I can tell you that for me.. it helped with sleep and recovery. And I also used it in combination with meth in the past and it was wonderful because I didn't even crash from the meth. Not like the meth crash ever really bothered me anyways as long as I had more I didn't care. Just becareful with the drugs you use no matter what they are and as long as you're responsible you should be fine! I don't see why you wouldn't.. but I know we're all human and shit happens.. addiction can happen.. but just watch yourself I guess is all I can say!

That is one of my main goals. to find a substance that is suitable for the comedown of moderate stim use particularly 2-fa which is mild in itself but I have a terrible time sleeping even without drugs when my mind is racing let alone when on stims.

I really love my dopamine stims though when taken within reason (2-fa is the perfect stim to me just right in terms of strength and effect) but I havent been able to find a downer Id be happy taking on and off after to take the edge off. Benzoes last too long and the addiction potential is too frightening. Kratom work good as an anti depressant so I imaigne it would be good to prevent the soul sucking crash you can get when stims immediately wear off but not really good to put you to sleep.

I tried weed and that was a disaster. Just made me more mental and paranoid.

Ghb didnt sound good to me either though, even though it may work wonders to knock you out, cos I read that if you take stims then the rebound will be even worse and the excess dopamine gets turned into adrenaline. That sounds like it could be horrendous once the g wore off.

I think as long as you're careful with it and allow yourself time off you should be okay. For me, I took it a whole year a couple of years back for bodybuilding purposes. I had a great source and I would only give myself a cap full every night before bed. And what I noticed was even if I only got a few hours of sleep.. I would wake up refreshed and feeling like I had the best 8 to 10 hours of sleep because I was in a deep REM sleep. I felt like it also strengthened my immune system and even though I was already really lean at the time since I was in my early twenties.. I felt like it was burning more of that abdominal fat. People talk about that growth hormone release from GHB. I don't know if it's true or not but I can tell you that for me.. it helped with sleep and recovery. And I also used it in combination with meth in the past and it was wonderful because I didn't even crash from the meth. Not like the meth crash ever really bothered me anyways as long as I had more I didn't care. Just becareful with the drugs you use no matter what they are and as long as you're responsible you should be fine! I don't see why you wouldn't.. but I know we're all human and shit happens.. addiction can happen.. but just watch yourself I guess is all I can say!

Last edited:
GBL can be very addictive. You can also suffer from severe withdrawals. I know a few people who were addicts and used every day. It's pretty cheap so you buy bulk amounts. I don't use GBL any more but I use to buy liters of the stuff back in the day. People swear that it is the best sex drug ever. GBL is great with stimulants. Don't mix GBL with alcohol or you could die.

Is GBL weaker than GHB? I honestly have probably had both GHB and GBL but I don't know the difference. I mean for me I didn't always mix GHB with meth because I was using meth on the daily for 3 years straight but when I could get my hands on GHB took enough before I shot up a nice amount of meth and I hardly noticed the crash because my body was so used to it anyways. It helped with sleep and such. Just becareful though. I never noticed withdrawals from when I did that full year of GHB before bed time but I wasn't taking anything but that. I did a prohormone cycle back when they had the good shit like Spawn. And I only took a capful of GHB so nothing crazy. It just helped with REM sleep.

For equivalent doses (aka as much ghb as you can make from a chosen amount of gbl) GBL hits faster, has a higher peak, but lasts less, ghb hits slower, has a lower peak and lasts longer. This is because gbl is absorbed much faster and converted to ghb by enzymes in our blood. Ghb is absorbed a little slower.

If you drew the effects vs time curves for both, the area under them would be the same, but gbl would have a narrower and taller curve.

For more fun, some people don't have lower lvls of the needed enzymes and for them gbl works worse. And it gets better. GBL use can increase the production of these enzymes meaning your first dose feels pretty meh and the second dose of the same size feels much stronger.

For me it was possible to consume it for maybe a year without problems. I made my own ghb with naoh which is a lot nicer to the stomach and hits you slower.

One of the reasons this went well was that I took it at home once or twice a week to chill out. If I had taken it before going out this could have been problematic because I might have drunk some alcohol in this situation.

Also if you make your own you are already forced to do the math and you are less likely to ingest an overdose.

In my case I could see no way how 2g of ghb taken at home could have gone wrong.

For equivalent doses (aka as much ghb as you can make from a chosen amount of gbl) GBL hits faster, has a higher peak, but lasts less, ghb hits slower, has a lower peak and lasts longer. This is because gbl is absorbed much faster and converted to ghb by enzymes in our blood. Ghb is absorbed a little slower.

If you drew the effects vs time curves for both, the area under them would be the same, but gbl would have a narrower and taller curve.

For more fun, some people don't have lower lvls of the needed enzymes and for them gbl works worse. And it gets better. GBL use can increase the production of these enzymes meaning your first dose feels pretty meh and the second dose of the same size feels much stronger.

Very nice man.. thanks for sharing that information with me. I understand the difference a little more now. Because I know I've had both of them and now that I recall I think the GBL one of my buddies had me try did hit faster but the effects wore off pretty quickly. Then again I was mixing it with a nice fat shot of meth back then.. years back lol so I was more spun then anything else! The good times lol just kidding I love being sober hahahaha kind of! I'm still trying to get used to it after 4 years!

Very nice man.. thanks for sharing that information with me. I understand the difference a little more now. Because I know I've had both of them and now that I recall I think the GBL one of my buddies had me try did hit faster but the effects wore off pretty quickly. Then again I was mixing it with a nice fat shot of meth back then.. years back lol so I was more spun then anything else! The good times lol just kidding I love being sober hahahaha kind of! I'm still trying to get used to it after 4 years!

Sounds similar to me man. 2 years here until I started taking kratom a couple days a week starting end of last year. After two years I realised that absolute absinence isnt the best way I dont think. It would be ok if all your shit was together but we all know that is really a long shot and your constantly set back. Also getting fucked is out of the question so not desirable to me either now.

So I think the ideal is having little tipples of mildish drugs that wont fuck you up. and you can still function and get stuff done as usual while on them and the next day too. Crashes are a nono for me now days. There is quite alot of substances which show promise for this.

For me it was possible to consume it for maybe a year without problems. I made my own ghb with naoh which is a lot nicer to the stomach and hits you slower.

One of the reasons this went well was that I took it at home once or twice a week to chill out. If I had taken it before going out this could have been problematic because I might have drunk some alcohol in this situation.

Also if you make your own you are already forced to do the math and you are less likely to ingest an overdose.

In my case I could see no way how 2g of ghb taken at home could have gone wrong.

That sounds pretty much exactly how I would intend to take it. I thik reading the reports of the extremists on this forum can kind of skew the data in terms of the addiction potential etc. of substances though I certianly don't take reports lightly when reading on a substance.

I would only wanna take it at home either for comedown sleep or for relaxation in the week. Though if I thought Id got the hang of the dsing I would be extremely interested in using it to pull chicks because it sounds like it beats even speed in the horniness factor. I really cant imagine something making me more horny than speed and its weird that it lowers your dopamine. How does ghb make you so horny if it lowers dopamine levels? They say it does release some but surely that isnt the main action cos it wouldnt increase it more than stims would it.

Btw is puking death from while asleep a real issue with this if its the only thing youre taking? no alcohol in the mix.

It probably makes you hornby by lowering inhibitions a little, not by giving you more of a drive. It's a lot like alcohol but it doesn't turn you into an ass.
Combine that with muscle relaxation downstairs which maybe gives you more control over ejaculatin. (just a guess)
But frankly I don't know why people say its pro sexual other than being anxiolytic and euphoric which probably helps a lot with performance anxiety.

Be sure to put it into your drink not on theirs, as long as you do that everything should be alright.

It's not that ideal for sleep imho because it has a rebound effect after 4h thats half a night and then you are wide awake. The dose to force sleep would be fairly high as well. I would lie in a stable side position if I dosed high but maybe I am paranoid.

Other than some unscrupulous sexual activity, I've never had anything bad come of using GHB alone.

Is the 'g coma' any different from blacking out on alcohol or benzoes and alcohol combo? Because I once blacked out mixing alcohol and benzoes. Only once or twice just because I was experimenting with it just in my house. And i woke up lying on my bedroom floor. So a little much g would be like that or too much spirits?

And for someone whos been told by a therapist i have severe generalized anxiety disorder will I be shitting myself when it wears off? is it as bad as a stimulant comedown for instance? cant be doing with that where id need other drugs to mask it. i mean from moderate doses.

Last edited:
Sounds similar to me man. 2 years here until I started taking kratom a couple days a week starting end of last year. After two years I realised that absolute absinence isnt the best way I dont think. It would be ok if all your shit was together but we all know that is really a long shot and your constantly set back. Also getting fucked is out of the question so not desirable to me either now.

So I think the ideal is having little tipples of mildish drugs that wont fuck you up. and you can still function and get stuff done as usual while on them and the next day too. Crashes are a nono for me now days. There is quite alot of substances which show promise for this.

Well I'm married to a Christian woman who is a hard ass haha so that helps! She cares a great deal for me though and I've even brought it up to her saying I'll use meth but in very small doses for work and school and for cutting bf lol but she says hell no! It's either meth or me. I would totally go back in a heart beat but I've been clean and sober for 4 years you know? I've been with my wife for 5 years so I'm choosing her. She's my best friend. I mean she's cool with trying nootropics and research chemical type stimulants but I don't know of any that ship to the USA. Plus I gotta check the legal status of a lot of them and see what's legal and illegal so I don't get anything confiscated. But she's fine with things like that just not the stuff I was using back before I met her. That first year with her was the worst for her personally because she saw what meth did to me. Even though I was very functional on it.. I did have my moodiness here and there and I did flirt a lot with women cuz that shit made me horny but other then that.. I understand why she's against it. It's a toxic drug. But for me it helped with getting shit done. It was like coffee for me.. except the shit actually worked better! Coffee never did nothing for me even before drugs lol so.. what's a person to do but try other things haha as long as you're careful I guess and don't get trapped!

If cooking up the ghb how careful do you have to be not to breath in the fumes? and will a dust mask successfully filter out the fumes.

It seems extremely dangerous having the hob on and maybe if you breathed in a knockout dose of evapourating gbl/ghb. I would be doing it in my kitchen after all.

Seems like it would be safer doing it in the microwave -cos of you happened to get out of it then the micro would switch itself off- but i read that that way doesnt make as pure a product?

Depends on the person.

I'm using GHB on and off now for 2 years. Sometimes not for months, sometimes for a few days in a row. However I'm now a month off work and have been using ghb basically 24/7 for 2 weeks almost. It's just too easy to take and you function normally so nobody notices it. I just take it automatically now without even thinking too much of it, even before breakfast I take a dose and vape some weed and I just continue this all day long. I hope I have no issues quitting when I go to back to work. Addictions don't always start immediately but GHB is sooo easy to just take all day and so cheap, that's the dangerous part I guess, I don't see it being more addictive on itself than stuff like cocaine, which makes you crave. I don't have any GHB cravings. I just take it cause I want to.

I hope you get what I mean, I don't know how to explain it otherwise, I'm pretty buzzed.

It sounds similar to kratom in that respect? Before I treid kratom there were plenty of saying its cheap and easily available and they take it 24/7 but I have never had any desire to take it every day. G sounds about on par with it in terms of incidence of psychological addiction and time it takes to get physically addicted correct?

Depends on the person.

I'm using GHB on and off now for 2 years. Sometimes not for months, sometimes for a few days in a row. However I'm now a month off work and have been using ghb basically 24/7 for 2 weeks almost. It's just too easy to take and you function normally so nobody notices it. I just take it automatically now without even thinking too much of it, even before breakfast I take a dose and vape some weed and I just continue this all day long. I hope I have no issues quitting when I go to back to work. Addictions don't always start immediately but GHB is sooo easy to just take all day and so cheap, that's the dangerous part I guess, I don't see it being more addictive on itself than stuff like cocaine, which makes you crave. I don't have any GHB cravings. I just take it cause I want to.

I hope you get what I mean, I don't know how to explain it otherwise, I'm pretty buzzed.

Yeah I think so, I haven't used kratom myself but do know some that use it too much.

I'm actually not sure what kind of addiction is worse, the one where you are forced to take (like heroin or cocaine?) or the ones where you choose to fuck yourself up like kratom or ghb. I think the first ones are worse though.. and don't let the fact you're not addicted now fool you.. I've had friends who used cocaine for 3-4 years on and off and suddenly became truly addicted and used for years daily until they went to rehab.

The 2 biggest ghb users I know sometimes use for months every day then don't use it for months, and they do this for 5+ years now so I'm not sure how addictive it actually is. They are more addicted to weed than ghb. I think you can easily find horror stories because almost every person who gets addicted to ghb did not expect it and withdrawals are horrible so they want to warn people? Unlike cocaine/heroin where everybody KNOWS it fucks you up and gets you addicted so people don't warn you anymore? I've used ghb now for 2 weeks every day 24/7, just woke up after a 5 hour sleep and feel.. pretty damn good, compared to if I used other stuff for only 1 or 2 days in a row.

Cocaine and alcohol make me not want to use it the next day, and they give me a bit of embarrasing feeling (why did I do this) especially cocaine on the same night. With ghb however I just have the feeling I'm doing actually something good as if I worked all day.

Last edited:
Good points.

Yes I had a year in university when I binged on cocaine where I would take it first thing in the morning etc. now that had a strong pull but even that when I was going to fail my course I stopped immediately. I tried crack a couple times no issues after.

I know some people have said things like kratom and ghb are 'worse' because they creep up on you more since you are still functional.

Hasnt been my experience with kratom at all though. I simply wont take any drug which would destroy me the next day now. Im only interested in gentler things I could function on.

Yeah I think so, I haven't used kratom myself but do know some that use it too much.

I'm actually not sure what kind of addiction is worse, the one where you are forced to take (like heroin or cocaine?) or the ones where you choose to fuck yourself up like kratom or ghb. I think the first ones are worse though.. and don't let the fact you're not addicted now fool you.. I've had friends who used cocaine for 3-4 years on and off and suddenly became truly addicted and used for years daily until they went to rehab.

The 2 biggest ghb users I know sometimes use for months every day then don't use it for months, and they do this for 5+ years now so I'm not sure how addictive it actually is. They are more addicted to weed than ghb. I think you can easily find horror stories because almost every person who gets addicted to ghb did not expect it and withdrawals are horrible so they want to warn people? Unlike cocaine/heroin where everybody KNOWS it fucks you up and gets you addicted so people don't warn you anymore? I've used ghb now for 2 weeks every day 24/7, just woke up after a 5 hour sleep and feel.. pretty damn good, compared to if I used other stuff for only 1 or 2 days in a row.

Cocaine and alcohol make me not want to use it the next day, and they give me a bit of embarrasing feeling (why did I do this) especially cocaine on the same night. With ghb however I just have the feeling I'm doing actually something good as if I worked all day.

So can someone clarify for me whether its ok to dilute gbl beforehand in a large amount of water? I have asked already and no1 responded if I could or not.

I mean if I got 100ml gbl say and put into a 1 litre bottle of water with 900 mil water. That would make it safer wouldnt it cos then it would be more like spirits in terms of amount needed. ie 10 mils would = 1 mil of gbl right? So harder to overdose?

It would ease my mind having it diluted beforehand rather than having this extremely potent solution sitting around.

Are there dangers of hot spots doing it this way?

Last edited: