• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Has anyone here used ghb/gbl moderately without having a disaster?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
GHB from what I've read sounds like the mdpv of downers in that reports seem mostly towards the negative in terms of people getting in trouble with it.

It does have alot of potential benfits though, which is why I have had an interest in it, including low toxicity, seems to not cause withdrawal that quickly as long as you don't go 24/7.

Is it any more addictive than kratom? I notice alot of people complain about that being addictive but found it one of the least addictive things Ive ever tried. I even forget I have it in the house if I haven't taken it for a day or two.

Also does the rebound effect cause you to freakout batshit crazy in fear when it wears off or is that only when you are addicted that it would be bad like that? Since Im already a panicked guy it wouldnt be suitable if that rebound caused anxiety no matter what, similar to a stim comedown.

I'd probably just try gbl if I did at first since I'd be afraid of messing up the conversion to ghb, so is that more likely to cause negative effects on the comedown? I guess I'd try to convert it if ghb is definitely going to be an easier ride?

Last edited:
I personally have used GBH multiple times without any negative consequences. I ensured I used a moderated dose and no more. Also I used in certain company. All in all I enjoyed ghb and would use it again if I could source it from a similarly reliable source.

GHB is one of the most misunderstood drugs IMO. Remember that it was once a LEGAL health/bodybuilding supplement until 1990 when misinformed users were mixing it with too much alcohol. First and foremost, you should NEVER consume GBL without converting it to naGHB. GBL is toxic and not intended for human consumption. I know GBL abusers who have had their teeth, gums, and overall health destroyed from GBL because they were too lazy to convert. I even know someone who had surgery on their voice box from it (I forget the technical name of the operation). GBL also has a horrific dopamine rebound.

I've used GHB in every type of application and combination over the years and I even procured a bottle of American Pharmaceutical GHB (Xyrem) from an acquaintance once. I'm VERY in tune with my body and sensitive to withdrawals and I have consumed GHB every 2-4 hours for 6 months at a time with such minimal WDs that they were laughable.

It's a difficult drug to find, and I've observed that most users are in the age range of 35-45 and understand how to use it. I'm a fitness athlete and most of the users I know are responsible. The sexual enhancing effects of GHB are unmatched by any substance. The most important thing with GHB are these factors:

-Your bodyweight and other CNS depressants or alcohol in your system.
-The amount of time between redosing

Last fall, my breakfast every morning was 1mg of clonzaepam and 6mls of GHB just to get the day going. However, I've also experienced the downsides to irresponsible use.

There were times were I would take a "G-coma" dose (10 grams) before sleep and I was brushing my teeth and passed out and hit my head on the mirror resulting in a concussion..I've also fallen asleep at the wheel before and had to pull over to sleep.

The greatest part about GHB is its versatility when combined with stimulants. it completely eradicated the "edge" off of coke, amphetamines, meth, etc.

One of my greatest trips was on high dose LSD with GHB throughout the trip...It didn't negate or abort the visuals like benzos and it just enhanced the experience.

It takes a lot of trial and error to learn your dosage for G. Believe it or not, if used correctly, it's an extremely safe drug.

I since relocated to another state and have no access to it and it depresses me greatly. It was in abundance in small circles in the Philly area.

There is no proof I've read that gbl is toxic in the ways you are implying.

Id certainly be interested in mitigating the harsh rebound if that was a factor though.

Why did you end up dirivng on the stuff or taking 10 grams as a 'knockout' before you knew you'd be lying in bed?

Was it overconfidence or what?

One thing I worry about is the falling alseep and puking in your sleep risk of death. Is that a real concern?

I mean where is the line between knowckout and jsut sleeping and knockout and puking?

I never go mad with dosages on drugs, even with dopamine stims, so I think id be responsible but it depends how moreish it is? Some say it is more than anyhting they ever taken whereas others say it is least moreish theyve ever had.

I heard people say the same of kratom though and I dont find that compusive at all.

I don't need documented studies to back up my beliefs on GBL consumption. If you don't believe me, go on a GBL binge and go to a gastroenterologist and have them take a look at your GI tract.

The reason behind my irresponsible use is because I'm an addict who takes everything in life too far.

Puking on any CNS depressant (especially alcohol) is always a concern. Have you read the dosing protocol for people RXed it for Narcolepsy? The instructions for my friend was to take I believe 9 grams 30 minutes before bed and then 4 hours later take another 9 grams. Those are some HIGH dosages.

One time in Vegas I had a 5 hour energy drink bottle (57ml) filled with G and the bouncer wouldn't let me in the strip club with it so me and 2 other people literally chugged it. Fortunately because of my experience, I knew we had about 25 minutes before being in a G-coma...We jumped in the cab and immediately went back to the hotel. I had a friend make sure to lay us all on our sides when we passed out.

Just don't mix with alcohol, albeit I'm not much of a drinker I would sometimes sip on a coke and rum on G.

If you are hell bent on taking it in GBL form (I'm not judging---I've done it many times out of laziness to convert) make sure to dilute the fuck out of it and learn your dosing. For example, I'm 220 of solid muscle and 6mls of GHB would be my starting dose..With GBL I would start with 2ml MAX and put it in a shot glass and fill the rest up with water....

Oh yes that does remind me, dosing with ghb in grams does seem safer.

But can I not just dilute the gbl before hand in a big bottle of water then it wouldnt be so strong? Or is there a risk of hotspots?

Say 14 ml in a litre of water? Then just try less than 100ml at a time of the diluted batch supped more gradually like a beverage?

If its well shaken beforehand would this be ok? I dont see how it wouldnt be dispersed if you always remember to shake the bottle? and if the maximum amount contained in the whole bottle isnt too great then even if you did have a hotpspot it would just be a large dose rather than a dangerous dose right?

Note that I absolutely hate alcohol so no fear of mixing and I generally only take drugs at home until Im quite comfortable with my dosing. Ie no wreckles party antics.

Last edited:
Oh yes that does remind me, dosing with ghb in grams does seem safer.

But can I not just dilute the gbl before hand in a big bottle of water then it wouldnt be so strong? Or is there a risk of hotspots?

Say 14 ml in a litre of water? Then just try less than 100ml at a time of the diluted batch supped more gradually like a beverage?

If its well shaken beforehand would this be ok? I dont see how it wouldnt be dispersed if you always remember to shake the bottle? and if the maximum amount contained in the whole bottle isnt too great then even if you did have a hotpspot it would just be a large dose rather than a dangerous dose right?

Note that I absolutely hate alcohol so no fear of mixing and I generally only take drugs at home until Im quite comfortable with my dosing. Ie no wreckles party antics.

The GHB I was referring to was always in liquid form..I had to carry a 3 or 5cc medicine syringe with me everywhere I went for accurate dosing.

If you're going to take it, just mix ONE DOSE AT A TIME...DO NOT ADD A HEROIC AMOUNT INTO LIQUID AND SIP IT!!! YOU MUST BE EXTREMELY FASTIDIOUS WITH DOSING.

Yes. GHB and I have flirted and courted many times over the years. When times were good, I had a couple thousand grams of GHB I converted into powder that I would store and use everywhere from a couple times a week to daily. Luckily I never really got much backlash and I still love GHB to this day though I haven't used it in awhile...

I used ghb daily (made my own from gbl) for a couple of years with no ill effects. The trick to not getting addicted is to only do one dose per day. When gbl became to hard to source I just stopped and that was it. I miss it but not in a craving/addiction way. Best drug and best sleep I've ever had.

I used ghb daily (made my own from gbl) for a couple of years with no ill effects. The trick to not getting addicted is to only do one dose per day. When gbl became to hard to source I just stopped and that was it. I miss it but not in a craving/addiction way. Best drug and best sleep I've ever had.

Good to know. So you had a constant supply on hand at any given time but chose not to keep dosing? Ie it wasnt compulsive for you like some people say?

Am I correct in saying it seems like its mainly the addict extremists who will continue dosing nonestop. So I guess they would be doing the same on any substance, alcohol, or weed or whatever.

When you talk about one dose a day it only lasts an hour so thats kinda short isnt it? Or ghb lasts longer like 3-4 hours? and gbl lasts only an hour? 3-4 hours is perfect in terms of half life, not to hsort and not too long.

About ten years + i got into the G and i made it out alive. A couple of times i G'ed out and lost conciseness but seeing as i was a speed freak or didn't drink alcohol at the time i woke up no problem

Few years yeah, as long as you don't take it 24/7 it's a very nice and safe drug.

Good to know. So you had a constant supply on hand at any given time but chose not to keep dosing? Ie it wasnt compulsive for you like some people say?

Am I correct in saying it seems like its mainly the addict extremists who will continue dosing nonestop. So I guess they would be doing the same on any substance, alcohol, or weed or whatever.

When you talk about one dose a day it only lasts an hour so thats kinda short isnt it? Or ghb lasts longer like 3-4 hours? and gbl lasts only an hour? 3-4 hours is perfect in terms of half life, not to hsort and not too long.

It felt really good and I wont say I never thought about redosing, but I read up on ghb and knew what I'd be getting myself into if I took it all time.

Idk, maybe your theory is correct or maybe certain people get addicted to certain substances because they (knowingly or not) use them to fix problems in life (anxiety, depression, ...).

One dose lasts about 4-5h (mine were between 4-5g, lower doses might last less). Gbl lasts a little less but, perhaps an hour or so. Yes, the hl is perfect, with one dose you are still giving your brain time to get back to normal unlike with benzos which stick around forever. So addiction doesn't develop. Oh and if you wish, you can extend the high by drinking a beer or two after the peak. If you don't overdo it you'll be fine.

Really ghb gets a bad name because it's often sold as a liquid of unknown concentration, stupid people who mix ghb with a bottle of vodka and the whole date rape scare (good ghb is practically tasteless especially in flavored drinks, but imo the other person would still have time to do something since it takes 40-60 min to peak). Gbl peaks faster, but tastes so vile you couldn't dose someone without them noticing.

Last edited:
Interesting.

And no trouble with rebound anxiety effects?

It felt really good and I wont say I never thought about redosing, but I read up on ghb and knew what I'd be getting myself into if I took it all time.

Idk, maybe your theory is correct or maybe certain people get addicted to certain substances because they (knowingly or not) use them to fix problems in life (anxiety, depression, ...).

One dose lasts about 4-5h (mine were between 4-5g, lower doses might last less). Gbl lasts a little less but, perhaps an hour or so. Yes, the hl is perfect, with one dose you are still giving your brain time to get back to normal unlike with benzos which stick around forever. So addiction doesn't develop. Oh and if you wish, you can extend the high by drinking a beer or two after the peak. If you don't overdo it you'll be fine.

Really ghb gets a bad name because it's often sold as a liquid of unknown concentration, stupid people who mix ghb with a bottle of vodka and the whole date rape scare (good ghb is practically tasteless especially in flavored drinks, but imo the other person would still have time to do something since it takes 40-60 min to peak). Gbl peaks faster, but tastes so vile you couldn't dose someone without them noticing.

No, after the dose wore off I got a slight stimulant high. Perfect if used for sleep because it makes you want to do stuff (I'm not a morning person and my favourite activity otherwise is to sleep some more).

Would it be safe to buy say 100mls or the lowest amount I can find which seems to be 100 mls, and dilute the whole thing in a larger amount of water beforehand so it would always be in a diluted solution, never having to deal with the undiluted product? It feels safer to me to do this since if its diluted beforehand then its harder to overdose isnt it? Cos then it is like alcohol in terms of needing a larger quantity. And Id keep it under the sink so its out of harms way. in one of those special bottles I guess so it doesnt leak thru the plastic.

I read on a website that sells it (not that they are gonna necessarily give the best advice but its something to go on) that they suggest diluting to 1/5 if you wanted to.

I was thinking 1/10. So a 100ml bottle into a 1 litre bottle for instance as soon as I got it? Then before every time I wanted it shake and pour 100 mils of liquid. Would that be a safe practice? What would be that would be 1/9? 100 mils gbl and 900 ml water or is my maths wrong. Im bad at maths. Important to get it right. How much would every 100 ml contain then?

Or if I did get the pure stuff I may try the conversion because Im more used to dealing with powder and have a 1mg scale. But I was put off when I read the baking soda conversion takes 24 hours of constant heating...aint nobody got time fo' that. The time isnt the problem but I am not risking a fire hazard for that time if I forgot it was on and went out or something.

Last edited:
Oh I just realised that 100ml in 900 ml of water would make 10 ml per 100 mil wouldnt it.

Im so so shit at maths. I have to check things about three times for even the most simple equations.

I use ghb pretty much every weekend and 1-2 days in the week but have never found it addictive. That saying i am a meth user so maybe thats why but i find ghb/gbl as a social drug woth mates anstuff

I found the hardest thing about dosing was that theres a fine line line between just the right amount, which is why when i forst started i did end up in trouble a few times.

I found it better to just use a plunget and have your juice strait and then wash it down with a drink instead of diluting it because in the end your alway taking the same amount of juice