• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Has anyone felt minor opiate withdrawal to be euphoric?

Branggen

Bluelighter
Sometimes while in minor opiate withdrawal from a taper I find music to just sound better and life sort of becomes more exciting and alive... Anyone else ever expierience this, its not like I dont feel the negative effects from withdrawal its just the positive feeling can on occasion overwhelm it

Yes, definitely. Music, sex etc get better. One feels more alive, despite the yawning, aching knees, watery eyes. Definitely one would prefer not being in any withdrawal however.

Nothing enjoyable about severe withdrawal, although sex can sometimes be intense during more severe withdrawal.

Yes agreed, music, sex (except for not lasting long), etc can be incredible in minor opioid wd. Even just the feeling of touch, like is someone rubs your back or you try to clean your ears with a qtip, These types of things can be very intense/good during this time.

Yea Ive been getting into techno music and just like headbanging through the hard parts of withdrawal

I get where your coming from. I have definitely noticed an excitement akin to being on stimulants or coming up on a trip, but the anxiety made it anything but euphoric. However, I often used amphetamine to help with minor withdrawals as the dopamine hit helped overcome the anxiety. Hell, if you're not going to sleep anyway, you might as well do it properly.

Yes, I find it very cool how stimulants can take away a lot of the discomfort, albeit temporarily. I don't do them though anymore though cause they usually end with increased anxiety

Yes!

Having been on a taper since the lockdown; i've noticed getting a surge of adrenaline whenever I start listening to Drum and Bass. It's quite nice up until the point my heart starts beating through my chest. :\

I have enjoyed my sex drive rushing back in minor withdrawal. Don't exactly last long but feel very good haha.

Interesting a few of you go for stims to ease withdrawal. I went the other way and used benzos to dull out the depression and anxiety and help me sleep it off. When I last came off oxy (successfully - still not touched the crap since!) I was boshing alprazolam like a nutter. I was feeling like I was about to get face tattoos and start a rap career 😂

I honestly don’t know how anyone makes it through withdrawal. I went through it one day because I lost a packet of my meds and it was a pure horror show. Sweating, weird head dizziness thing going on, intense nausea. The sweating was the worst. Maybe because I’ve other health conditions but I couldn’t cold turkey my meds even if I didn’t need them anymore.

Interesting a few of you go for stims to ease withdrawal.

If I'd had access to benzos at the time then I would probably gone for them instead. But I did have access to lots of speed. My reasoning was that many of the physical effects of minor withdrawal are similar to those of other drugs I'd pay good money for. Heightened energy, tactile enhancement, increased sexual desire, dilated pupils, visual and aural distortions etc. The only downside was the headfuck. I figured some decent phet would cure the headfuck long enough until I could score again. This did work, but was not really sustainable. It soon bit me in the arse when I couldn't get either...

If I'd had access to benzos at the time then I would probably gone for them instead. But I did have access to lots of speed. My reasoning was that many of the physical effects of minor withdrawal are similar to those of other drugs I'd pay good money for. Heightened energy, tactile enhancement, increased sexual desire, dilated pupils, visual and aural distortions etc. The only downside was the headfuck. I figured some decent phet would cure the headfuck long enough until I could score again. This did work, but was not really sustainable. It soon bit me in the arse when I couldn't get either...

Risks putting you on that cycle of bouncing between stims and opiates as well.

There's nothing whatsoever I find enjoyable about any degree of opioid withdrawal.

I honestly don’t know how anyone makes it through withdrawal. I went through it one day because I lost a packet of my meds and it was a pure horror show. Sweating, weird head dizziness thing going on, intense nausea. The sweating was the worst. Maybe because I’ve other health conditions but I couldn’t cold turkey my meds even if I didn’t need them anymore.

Are you talking about opioid withdrawal or something else? Opioid withdrawal symptoms vary, but that isn't how I would describe what sucks about opioid withdrawal specifically.

I don't ever get dizzy from it. Generally don't get headaches either. But restless leg syndrome? Ugh, it's brutal. Easily the worst symptom for me.

I also hate how time feels to pass SOOOO slow while feeling cold and miserable. ;(

Interesting a few of you go for stims to ease withdrawal.

Yeah I've dome that too. I do find they help. There have been several occasions where I've been in withdrawal, but since I have zero meth tolerance, I'd do a tiny bit of that and it'd help.

You still feel sick, but not as intensely IME.

There's nothing whatsoever I find enjoyable about any degree of opioid withdrawal.

Are you talking about opioid withdrawal or something else? Opioid withdrawal symptoms vary, but that isn't how I would describe what sucks about opioid withdrawal specifically.

I don't ever get dizzy from it. Generally don't get headaches either. But restless leg syndrome? Ugh, it's brutal. Easily the worst symptom for me.

I also hate how time feels to pass SOOOO slow while feeling cold and miserable. ;(

Yeah I've dome that too. I do find they help. There have been several occasions where I've been in withdrawal, but since I have zero meth tolerance, I'd do a tiny bit of that and it'd help.

You still feel sick, but not as intensely IME.
Yeah opioid withdrawal, I get this weird feeling in my head. Like a weird shiver or something. It’s hard to explain but it’s definitely weird. I have to keep laying down when I get it, standing up makes it way worse. I remember it to a more severe degree when I came off tramadol but I tapered down with them. I always thought it was the SSRI but obviously not it if I still get it now with my opioids. Thankfully though I don’t ever abuse my prescription. That time was just one day and I was getting my new monthly the next. I wouldn’t cope if I had days or a week to wait I don’t think. The sweating too, it’s the most awful feeling. Just lashings Of sweat. Ughhh!!

I feel just awful for anyone going through it to come off drugs. It’s a very hard thing to do and those people are incredibly strong!

Yeah opioid withdrawal, I get this weird feeling in my head. Like a weird shiver or something. It’s hard to explain but it’s definitely weird. I have to keep laying down when I get it, standing up makes it way worse. I remember it to a more severe degree when I came off tramadol but I tapered down with them. I always thought it was the SSRI but obviously not it if I still get it now with my opioids. Thankfully though I don’t ever abuse my prescription. That time was just one day and I was getting my new monthly the next. I wouldn’t cope if I had days or a week to wait I don’t think. The sweating too, it’s the most awful feeling. Just lashings Of sweat. Ughhh!!

I feel just awful for anyone going through it to come off drugs. It’s a very hard thing to do and those people are incredibly strong!

Oh, is the opioid you're talking about tramadol?

I've never experience a pure tramadol withdrawal, but because of its unique properties among opioids, that could be why you're experiencing different symptoms from most opioids.

What you described did sound a bit like ssri or snri withdrawals to me. Which I suppose tramadol could cause too.

Oh, is the opioid you're talking about tramadol?

I've never experience a pure tramadol withdrawal, but because of its unique properties among opioids, that could be why you're experiencing different symptoms form most opioids.

What you describe did sound a bit like ssri or snri withdrawals to me. Which I suppose tramadol could cause too.
No tapentadol is what I’m on now. I got off the tramadol ages ago. I hated it, really bad side effects from it so I had to taper down off it to come on to the tapentadol because of the SSRI part of it.

So it’s weird I’m getting the brain thing when withdrawing from tapentadol?

Tapentadol is also a norepinephrine reuptake inhibiter, so its withdrawal might have unusual effects for an opioid too.

I dunno, I'm just conjecturing.

My opioid withdrawal experience is limited to the pure opioids. Heroin, methadone, etc.

No tapentadol is what I’m on now. I got off the tramadol ages ago. I hated it, really bad side effects from it so I had to taper down off it to come on to the tapentadol because of the SSRI part of it.

So it’s weird I’m getting the brain thing when withdrawing from tapentadol?

Tapentadol is still an NRI and a synthetic opioid.

I've tried it a few times, my gran is scripted it. Does literally nothing to me even with a low tolerance. Ate a full blister pack of those 25mg pills in one day, chewed and crushed them up to get around the time release. Literally felt nothing. Maybe I just can't metabolise it. I don't get anything from tramadol either these days even when my tolerance is completely reset. Funny thing is in my uni days I loved tramadol.

Tapentadol is still an NRI and a synthetic opioid.

I've tried it a few times, my gran is scripted it. Does literally nothing to me even with a low tolerance. Ate a full blister pack of those 25mg pills in one day, chewed and crushed them up to get around the time release. Literally felt nothing. Maybe I just can't metabolise it. I don't get anything from tramadol either these days even when my tolerance is completely reset. Funny thing is in my uni days I loved tramadol.
Have to say it is amazing for pain, one of the only meds I’ve taken that does help. I do enjoy it, makes me feel light and happy. But it think it’s mostly because I’m not in pain.

Have to say it is amazing for pain, one of the only meds I’ve taken that does help. I do enjoy it, makes me feel light and happy. But it think it’s mostly because I’m not in pain.

Glad it does its job as it should! To be honest it's a good thing it's not getting you high if you need to use it daily, it keeps you using it as scripted instead of chasing a high.

Glad it does its job as it should! To be honest it's a good thing it's not getting you high if you need to use it daily, it keeps you using it as scripted instead of chasing a high.
Yeah, honestly the only med I ever abused was gabapentin and then pregabalin. The only reason I stopped them is because I gained so much weight and my eating disorder will win out over getting high! But man I miss gabapentin. It gave me a real sense of motivation and floatyness.