• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Has anyone else experienced clear crystals all over their face with continued use? (NOT meth bugs)

The cook who made the batch probably intentionally added an extra ingredient maybe to get even with you for the past issues y'all had or something try a new connect for now on

Had one on my finger once after a 100g ephylone binge, I don't know if I was hallucinating though

What the heck are meth bugs??A common psychosis or real? Sorry but I cannot be of help with your experience with the crystals.

Heyyy, I have this issue. First time posting. Heroin was always my drug of choice, I was six months clean when I started to date a sex addict. Being Demi/Ace I didn’t realize at the time how much this would deplete my soul and new found Queer identity when I was sober. After I had sex seven times in a day and was unsatisfied I returned to wait knowingly was, heroin. I rarely did meth in my prior use. About a month or two in this time I started to smoke at my plugs. Short side story I went to rehab because of a really bad one off psychosis experience after the first time I shot up, likely a tenth in two days and was up for three more. So I don’t have great experience, but because I’m already a die hard IV user I just shoot my meth too, I know stupid as hell, especially considering what kept me off it for so long is how disgusting it is processed...

Anyways, shooting and edible are two different forms indeed, but one similarity is there is no burning off of impurities. I’m not sure if this is the cause. It drove me crazy forever, at first I’d push out little white strands that honestly looked like worms, kept trying to get doctors to take me seriously. Now I believe due to build up I had horrible experiences with it in my hands, maybe due to using my hand veins lately, again I know stupid... Well long story shortened its coming out of my ear bad for the second time but much worse.

ive come to understand that calcium dioxide or something natural in the body can come out of balance and cause this, which may lead to vertigo. Also, more likely, uric acid, also naturally in the body, becomes to intense in abundance it will be excreted from the body, crystallizing again as the body dehydrates it, mine comes out as crystals stuck to my skin like glue, but underneath a sticky, clearing gooey substance, also difficult to remove, but comes out easier and sounds similar to the process of uric acid. Anyways, your not crazy, I can’t say definitely what it is, but I’ve seen others mention it and my assumption is either Uric acid, calcium whatever crystals or product impurities being forced out of the skin. I’m glad I suppose that it doesn’t build up forever, I’ve heard some nasty stories in what I can only assume is less healthy functioning bodies.

hope this helps, you got me to finally register to blue light after years of surfing the site. Story for story bruh #followmeonshitter #junkieinstafam #staykind #iwasthesixthgradeDAREspeechperson

I strolled in here because I’m new and out of curiously. I tried to read the entire thread post I really did but my ADD only got me about 1/4th way through. I don’t take my prescribed adderall because I prefer opioids. Anyway I know nothing about meth living here in New Jersey (it’s not around or extremely rare) aside from what I’ve seen on “Breaking Bad”. i am chiming in because I used to smoke crack back in the day with my friend in her cubby attic and we thought we saw shimmery dust on us every time we smoked there and couldn’t figure out where the source was from. Turns out it was the nasty fiberglass exposed just inches above us. Thanks. That’ll be 2 cents.

I think the answer geared towards salt intake is the most viable of them all so far. I have no ideas myself really, but this has been an interesting read.

That’s all I can find on meth and sweat, nothing to say here towards recrystallization.

Heyyy, I have this issue. First time posting. Heroin was always my drug of choice, I was six months clean when I started to date a sex addict. Being Demi/Ace I didn’t realize at the time how much this would deplete my soul and new found Queer identity when I was sober. After I had sex seven times in a day and was unsatisfied I returned to wait knowingly was, heroin. I rarely did meth in my prior use. About a month or two in this time I started to smoke at my plugs. Short side story I went to rehab because of a really bad one off psychosis experience after the first time I shot up, likely a tenth in two days and was up for three more. So I don’t have great experience, but because I’m already a die hard IV user I just shoot my meth too, I know stupid as hell, especially considering what kept me off it for so long is how disgusting it is processed...

Anyways, shooting and edible are two different forms indeed, but one similarity is there is no burning off of impurities. I’m not sure if this is the cause. It drove me crazy forever, at first I’d push out little white strands that honestly looked like worms, kept trying to get doctors to take me seriously. Now I believe due to build up I had horrible experiences with it in my hands, maybe due to using my hand veins lately, again I know stupid... Well long story shortened its coming out of my ear bad for the second time but much worse.

ive come to understand that calcium dioxide or something natural in the body can come out of balance and cause this, which may lead to vertigo. Also, more likely, uric acid, also naturally in the body, becomes to intense in abundance it will be excreted from the body, crystallizing again as the body dehydrates it, mine comes out as crystals stuck to my skin like glue, but underneath a sticky, clearing gooey substance, also difficult to remove, but comes out easier and sounds similar to the process of uric acid. Anyways, your not crazy, I can’t say definitely what it is, but I’ve seen others mention it and my assumption is either Uric acid, calcium whatever crystals or product impurities being forced out of the skin. I’m glad I suppose that it doesn’t build up forever, I’ve heard some nasty stories in what I can only assume is less healthy functioning bodies.

hope this helps, you got me to finally register to blue light after years of surfing the site. Story for story bruh #followmeonshitter #junkieinstafam #staykind #iwasthesixthgradeDAREspeechperson
I'm so glad you told me that and I know I'm not crazy now because like the last two weeks I've used and I've had like masses of crystals come out on my clothes in my face when I'm taking a bath it's horrible I figured it was from using the ice it was so bad I told my mom what had happened because I thought I was going crazy and still hallucinating

I'm so glad you told me that and I know I'm not crazy now because like the last two weeks I've used and I've had like masses of crystals come out on my clothes in my face when I'm taking a bath it's horrible I figured it was from using the ice it was so bad I told my mom what had happened because I thought I was going crazy and still hallucinating
Meth is extremely water soluble. There's is no way you'd be excreating crystals while taking a freaking bath, it just wouldn't happen. They also wouldn't be coming out through your skin either, at least not in any crystaline form.

@IgnazPhillip from what you've said the crystals appear to be drug induced or at the very least they make you look sus. If I were you I would invest in some baby wipes/wet wipes and carry them round with me, regularly cleaning my face and joints (clean your joints so you dont chafe).

Meth is very water soluble (as are most things you sweat out) and baby wipes will be more sensitive for cleaning your face and groin than picking or rubbing them while you have abrasive dust coating your skin.

Also Bump up the amount of times you shower a day (this is just generally good advice btw).

I strolled in here because I’m new and out of curiously. I tried to read the entire thread post I really did but my ADD only got me about 1/4th way through. I don’t take my prescribed adderall because I prefer opioids. Anyway I know nothing about meth living here in New Jersey (it’s not around or extremely rare) aside from what I’ve seen on “Breaking Bad”. i am chiming in because I used to smoke crack back in the day with my friend in her cubby attic and we thought we saw shimmery dust on us every time we smoked there and couldn’t figure out where the source was from. Turns out it was the nasty fiberglass exposed just inches above us. Thanks. That’ll be 2 cents.
Looks like you could use some meth.

Edit: sorry I dident read your whole post (I got distracted) and I dident read that you have a script for diet meth.

Also Bump up the amount of times you shower a day (this is just generally good advice btw).

Actually showering too often is bad for your skin. Your skin is supposed to have the oils it produces and showering washes them away. You can end up with very dry skin if you shower multiple times a day, every day.

I hate to be that guy, but I just can't buy it. I mean, I'm sure there are many true aspects, but, it's just too perfect and too... undefeatable. But it's also written by someone out of their gourd. Best I can come up with is dandruff and hallucinations. Yes I know that's been pish poshed because every possible other explanation other than "it's true" has been addressed by the person who's high thinking about every possible counterargument. Sorry, bah humbug.

Last edited:
I just wanted to say that the first post sounds just like me. It looks like glitter is all over my hands, comes out of my hair follicles, nose has what feels like glass, fingers are numb, it so was stuck to my eyelashes, etc. It was fine after a long break but after several days of continuous use it started. I actually started wearing gloves because I thought that it started from my hands (touching my face and so forth). And I haven't smoked in two days and asked my friend who also saw what looked like glass particles. Interesting to note that I saw similar things when I used crack cocaine 6 years ago and thought it was from my inexperience of using a glass stem.

However I've also considered that it could be Calcinosis cutis. Basically calcium deposits causes by Systemic sclerosis. I say this because of what I've read about the immune system going overdrive on this stuff. Another thing I experience is a tightening sensation of the skin. One if the symptoms of systemic sclerosis is sclerodactyly. It's basically when collagen production goes on overdrive. I'm not sure but I am sure if several things. I'm no hallucinating, it's not water-soluble meth crystals coming out of the pores, and I'm going to have to consider talking with a doctor as this could be possibly other underlying health issues.

(TLDR but please at least read the last paragraph before commenting) I've been having this issue where every time I use, I end up with these shimmery little tiny clear shards in the front of my hair and all over my face. They're very difficult to remove and get more plentiful the longer I go in a single instance of using. It can eventually get overwhelming and they start to drive me crazy as they fall into my eyes. I know what you're thinking. Meth bugs. I thought the same thing until this weekend (see last paragraph). I'm wondering if this is the same thing that people are talking about when they say meth is coming out their pores as little crystals.

I'll explain how I know it's not the usual psychosis but first a little background. I've been using for about 8 years now. I've only ever used orally and I've never smoked or injected. It started with Adderall IR when I was in college the first time. I would take a 30mg tab and it would help me study all night. I loved the effects and I think I get a much, much better euphoric experience than what the average person feels. My feelings, even on a low dose of Adderall, are way better than any other substance for me. I'm good at managing my use, don't use other drugs, only use sparingly, and hold myself to a strict tolerance break schedule where I take 3 weeks off every other month. I also don't use cannabis or alcohol and I don't take any other medications. Sometimes I'll go more than a month without using and I don't have any issues other than the fact that I miss the feeling of euphoria and going down the rabbit hole to learn about a topic for 12 hours straight. I've never obtained a script and the reasons why are a topic for another time. Two and a half years ago I returned to school to get all of my science credits that I needed so I could get into a school to become what I've always dreamed of becoming. After lots of work studying and stressing, I got the acceptance letter that I dreamed about since I was a little kid. It's a crazy workload of science and anatomy but I love it. We're not going to get into what kind of school I go to, but I'm sure you're smart adults. I've always had good grades and my overall college GPA is a 3.875 (including the last 2 years exclusively consisting of advanced level math and science courses) so I'm familiar with the scientific method, biases, chemistry, human physiology, critical thinking, and being a rational person. I also have a paramedic license but I do not work in the medical field right now because I have a bartending job that allows me to study all week, make more than enough money on the weekend to support myself, and not have a full-time job that would interfere with school. I don't provide any patient care whatsoever, won't be doing so for a couple years, and would never do so while I'm still using. Last March I started using the "other" substance that is chemically similar but way worse for you, due to a variety of cost and access issues (not to mention being afraid of what is in the counterfeit tablets that I would inevitably end up getting sold). We're going to forego all the reasons why this was a terrible idea for another time. You're right. For now though my use costs me less than $50 a month rather than $25 a tab. Almost right away, once I switched to an equivalent oral dose of the shards, I started noticing all these little flakes all over my face with heavy use (heavy use for me, but most people would laugh at me for calling it that) and they're quite annoying. I use the same dose as when people are (rarely) prescribed the drug by their physician. I never use more. Although it makes me feel great and I consider my use episodes a "bender," even after years of use I'm really using a dose of less than what most people start out at. This is probably why I've been able to excel in school, keep the same job for 8+ years even though they fire people for smoking pot, and I can take several week breaks on a regular basis without any problem or horrible crash. Regardless though, on my "binges" the crystal flakes that start after the first day can really drive me insane. They fall down my forehead, sides of my face, get in my eyes and on my eyelids, and in my ears. They're very difficult to see unless I angle the flashlight on my phone a certain way in the mirror. If I use for two or more days I inevitably end up covered in them. They're tiny and almost impossible to displace. It's like they're glued to my face but eventually I can get them off by scratching, grabbing them with fine-tipped forceps, or using a similar method to expressing a pimple with your fingers. At first I thought maybe it was getting on me while I was preparing my capsules, so I started wearing full protection with no exposed skin and doing it in my garage (lol I know). I'd be fine after I was all done and there would be no issue for however many days I continued to avoid using, but as soon as I started using, I still got the clear tiny shards all over me. For a while I settled on meth bugs or some kind of substance induced psychosis but even when I'd sober up, any that I hadn't removed would still be there. I shave daily and shower twice (or more) a day while using and even after getting them all off and having completely clean skin and hair, they would be back within 6-10 hours with continued use of my capsules. Still, the intelligent person in me knows how powerful hallucinations can be when using this chemical. I knew that they seemed real, but we all know that this type of thing will seem incredibly real to anyone who has been using and so I just remained convinced that it HAS to be a byproduct of what happens to the brain and CNS when the body metabolizes this substance. I just kept telling myself that the brain is a powerful thing and that my receptors were over-worked and that lack of sleep combined with excess dopamine were making me see things that can't possibly be real. The problem is, I never skip sleep for more than 1 night and then I will get 12-16 hours of sleep and wake up with them still there. Before my latest tolerance break, on the last day I decided not to remove any of the stuff that was all over me or rub them off. It was like torture but I wanted to see if they would still be there after I was sober. I went to bed without a shower even though I wanted one so bad. I took my last dose on a Friday morning and slept from Friday night until the middle of the night Saturday into Sunday. All day Sunday I ignored the crap all over my face (and had fallen under my shirt to my chest) while focusing on staying hydrated and nutrition and got another full night of sleep Sunday night. I woke up that Monday and guess what...the tiny crystals that I hadn't washed off were still there...all over me. After several days off, lots of sleep, and eating well---they were still there when I woke up. I took them off and looked at them under a magnifying glass and they looked exactly how ground up meth looks through a magnifying glass. Still, I'm a reasonable guy. After proving about 50 other theories to be impossible, I tried to tell myself that I had dry skin, dandruff, or another type of seborrheic dermatitis. The problem is these things are crystal clear and clearly not dandruff or flaked skin. I've seen many cases of skin conditions and I know this is way too crystallized and clear to be skin related and it's quite obvious that it's a tiny shard. If I discontinue use and wash them away, they stay away and don't come back until the next time I start back up and my body has metabolized the drug for a full day or two, at which time they quickly start to appear. I'm extremely vigilant when it comes to my nutrition, hydration, and making myself sleep. It's also not a cutting material causing something because I perform two specific steps (don't know how much I'm allowed to say here) to the product upon receipt. That would remove pretty much everything it could be cut with. As a side note, I lose almost no material because I buy extremely pure product to begin with but either way, I've pretty much ruled out a cutting material as the culprit. So at this point, it pretty much left 4 possibilities. The crystals being a result of my body metabolizing and eventually secreting the product (through things like perspiration, sebum production, defensins, etc.) and then it re-crystallizing after being secreted and drying on my skin/scalp, I'm suffering from a powerful substance induced psychosis, I'm accidentally getting something on myself every time I use but never once doing so when sober, or I'm suffering from another unknown condition that I only suffer from when using.

What really put me over the edge and made it undeniable that this isn't a hallucination (even after all the other undeniable evidence) was this weekend. I started using Friday morning after my normal 3 week tolerance break and ended up re-dosing twice. I only slept for about 3 hours Friday night and had work again Saturday. I used again at work on Saturday (in order to be outgoing, empathetic, and friendly enough to make $320 in tips...if you're wondering why I use before work) and by the evening the crystals were back and getting annoying but washing my face and a couple showers kept them relatively in check. Saturday night (really Sunday morning) I made myself go to bed by 5am and I didn't wake up until 3pm Sunday. I took another tab before work, re-dosed once, and by the end of my shift I was going insane from the crap falling into my eyes. It was also all over my nose and I could see the little clear dots sitting on my nose if the dim light hit me at the right angle as I was talking to customers. It was out of control and I felt like I was going to lose it and freak out. I HAD to get home and take a shower. I was helping with the end of shift side-work along with one of the waitresses as we were getting ready to leave and while we were in the kitchen under the bright lights, she goes "What the hell is all over your face?! Is it glitter? Wait no" and she took her phone out and shined the light on my face looking really close. "It's like these little dots of clear plastic or something. Oh my God they're everywhere. What is all over you???" I said "I know, I think it's from dry skin or something" and she was like "Oh my God wait, look at it all over your eyelids!" as she looked closer and goes "Wait that's not dry skin. Something got all over you. You need to go in the bathroom and look at it! It's literally like clear...ground up...microscopic glass flakes and tiny glass beads got blown all over your face!" I went and washed my face and tried to play it off. I went home and didn't take a shower because I wanted to see what would still be left when I was sober. I stayed in bed from 1am Monday (just after it turned midnight Sunday night) until 8pm Monday night, only waking up to eat some protein bars and drink Gatorade in bed. Even when I got up, I only stayed up for about 5 hours to watch some videos, cook dinner, and stay hydrated. I went back to bed at 1am this morning, even though I had just slept about 15 hours and stayed in bed for 19 hours. I slept another 7 hours from 1am until about an hour ago. I just woke up and it's been about 2 days since I used, and I've gotten 20-something hours of sleep (in addition to getting good sleep while I was using) and guess what? The stuff was that I left there was still all over me and I had to scrape it off and take a shower. I'm now squeaky clean and it won't be back until I use again Friday, just like always. It's only happening from 2 or more days of continued use, twice now I've left it there until a few days of sobering up and it was still there, and it has now been noticed by someone I barely know when we were under bright lights. I'm sorry for the novel, but I figured I had to be as specific as possible before the "meth bugs" police jumped all over me. I'm wondering how often this happens and if it's happened to any of you. I have my own theories and I'll cover them in a future post but first I wanted to explain the entire background and get all of your thoughts on what is happening. If you read all of that I give you a lot of credit, but either way I'm open to anyone's thoughts.
Bro. Thank God! I'm not bonkers! I'm suffering from the SAME THING, however with a few variations. I'll list them and then my ongoing experience, as follows.

I consume LOTS of high grade "smack" aka cut up fentanyl, yet still containing a hefty ratio in fents favor, via intranasal administration, daily, without missing a day in proly over a year. I also ingest liquid methadone (70mg) daily, which began 3 months ago.

I smoke a pack of Newport greens a day.

I also smoke probably 1.5-2.5g of good crackoik every day. The amount fluctuates but it is daily.

Here goes: I stumble through my daily life fairly inebriated, yet functional as could be. Hold down a decent job and make good money on my free time by 'selling girl scout cookies' to my friends and associates I've met just by always having so many varieties of g.s. cookies'. When I smoke my morning half gram of crack, the first 3-ish tips I take get me up and moving. However, if I make them FAT blasts or do them back to back to back, my body suddenly starts tickling. I have lots of body hair and a goatee and my hairs will start tickling me. Getting more and more intense the more I smoke. The tickling is heaviest on my eyelashes, eyebrows, chin hair, nape of my neck, and all along the tops of my shoulders and upper back. Only in areas that have hair. Naturally with any crawling sensation, you investigate while brushing whatever it is away. Opposed to Crystal's, I get what looks like very thin translucent fuzzies. Like the stray strands of cotton on a q tip. I only finally discovered this by holding my thumb or finger to a flashlight and rotating it slowly until presto! The fiber is illuminated. They are of varying lengths, depending on how long I wait to brush or scratch them off. I believe they are also popping up in my ear canal. The method of extraction along with their near invisible construct have kept this to just a hypothesis due to not being able to variate between these tiny threads and the q tip fibers. Inside of the rims of my nostrils are another spot with rapid "growth"(?). When plucking one of these fibers up, and looking at it on the tip if a finger, they slowly but surely melt(?) Into my skin and leave barely any trace behind. 10-15 min after last consumption of crack, the crawling sensation has ceased and everything is normal again. These fibers also fall from my eyelashes and eyebrows and get in my eyes, which causes MUCH annoyance and a minimal burning sensation. Oft times I can feel these fibers "falling" from their...place of conception and tickle my chest or back as they tumble down. If I dont smoke dope. They dont appear.

Fin

I'm new to using meth, used less than a dozen times, last 5 or so times I've done it on my own at home. I've literally handled the meth putting it in my pizzo, I've crushed it to snort, scraped my bowl, etc. After 2 day use I had pain in my big toe, I knocked it against something and almost screamed. I thought it could be an ingrown nail after it turned red and swollen but I dug into the corner with tweezers (not high) and pulled out a shard. Noticed n the side of my heel there was a glimmer from my light, pulled a small shard from my heel too! I'm very aware of psychosis & hallucination seeing it in friends, so when I saw "glitter" on my skin, eyelashes, in my nose, I just thought "sweat particles, skin shrinking, get outta ur head", I was scared it all wasnt real but I slept then looked at the shards again, they could be glass but it's most likely meth particles I've dropped, transferred to my face & skin, etc. From now on I will designated a small area I don't use regularly, use some latex gloves, wear socks & be extra careful transferring and handing this stuff. I knew people wore PPE too cook but I never realized it would literally GET INTO EVERYTHING.