• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Has anybody had a similar horrific DMT trip?

I'm not saying there's a right way to do it, but if you have to rely on another drug to trip it says a lot about ones level of confidence in their ability to maintain themselves while tripping, which is pretty important. You shouldn't assume everyone who discusses psychedelics is into metaphysical spiritual mumbo-jumbo.... Psychedelics are gaining a lot of push in the scientific community and to continue that the archaic ideas about psychedelics and spiritual use need to be thrown out so we can understand the true history of spiritual use and the science behind psychedelics.

Maybe that's important to you, but it seems pretty arbitrary to me. To me having interesting and fun experiences is what's "pretty important". DMT gives me panic attacks. 4-ACO-DMT also gave me a very harsh body load I couldn't ignore making the substance unusable, so I did it while rolling, and it was great. And the next time I was able to do it without the roll because I understood how to interpret the body load as a pleasurable sensation. Seems like I accomplished something. People take MDMA for couples therapy. Psychs to battle addiction. Liquor before a tattoo, etc.
It sounds like you're just trying to think of an intelligent way to call me a pussy, but I don't care. Why have an elitist view of a molecule? It's like those people who say "you don't find DMT, it finds you when you're ready". Pft.

I'm not calling you a pussy that's all on you... I'm just saying one can't truly appreciate DMT using things like MDMA or other psychoactive coming that take you out of your normal headspace. I wouldn't say the same for someone using opiods to manage pain or amphetamines for narcolepsy or whatever although if one increases the dose when using psychedelics or just uses to manage the psychedelic it will take away from the experience. Things like benzos just shouldn't be used with it.

Again I'm just trying to help... I'm not trying to call you a pussy or anything. That's all on you

You're right, I won't be able to have a pure DMT experience. But I WILL be able to have an altered DMT experience, just like somebody can say they tripped on acid after a candy flip. The former has been very hard for me, and I have every reason to believe the latter will be much easier.

You're saying I can't truly appreciate the DMT, but I can appreciate the combo itself. I still haven't heard any concrete reason why one is better than the other, and on the contrary I've read plenty of trip reports indicating that it's a good combo. And if it goes well like the 4ACO I'll be more prepared for a "true" DMT trip next time.

Even if I agreed with you regarding your vague reason that I shouldn't mix them, I've tried DMT sober like 10 times and failed every time, and I have no reason to believe I'm going to wake up tomorrow with less anxiety or a new brain that can appreciate the terrifying come-up. So again, I don't see any reason why I shouldn't try it the way that's more likely to work well for me.

Yeah I have one of these friends too who, at least for a while, insisted that every experience be 'pure'. To the point where he wouldn't even smoke weed while on a psychedelic even though he never got any negative effects that would warrant such a policy.

I agree it's total rubbish, it completely ignores the myriad of other factors that will influence your experience. A good example is something like a runner's high; would doing DMT while on a runner's high be 'impure'? What about doing it in the absence of that sensation? I don't see how one could be considered more pure than the other since both are 'natural' states. Considering that, there's no such thing as a 'pure' DMT experience and proselytizing the concept of one is really pretty silly.

The only thing we can say is both states are unique. Both can be equally appreciated, but not at the same time, that's all.

Yeah, sometimes it's hard being a hardcore rationalist and an enthusiastic psychonaut, especially with psychs like DMT (if I made a similar post on DMT-nexus I'm pretty sure there'd be a dozen replies telling me that I was going to "offend the DMT spirit and be punished" or something similar.)

That said, if I thought I had it in me to break through or have a high-level trip from sobriety, I would prefer to do that first. Maybe pharmahuasca someday.

Also, smokes let's go!

Yeah I have a real problem with the woo that gets into the psychedelic community just because being a skeptic in around those people is practically verboten.

But people will think what they will so I don't argue anymore unless somebody is specifically trying to convince me.

I've done DMT alone first and it was a not bad, but lame experience in that the friend who was helping had all sorts of expectations and rules about it. Such bs just do what makes you comfortable when it comes to drugs as long as it's physically safe

I'm not even taking about whether or not your using with something else, but the fact you're relying on something else like that. I'm talking about the mindset... Obviously you're not going to understand and I don't want to waste my time with this. You'll learn from experience if you don't want to learn from mine or many lifetimes of experience beside my single experience.

I have had a pretty crazy expirence with DMT I've only tried it once and the guy I was with wanted me to break through the first time so I took two hits and honestly I should have stuck with just the first one, so the first hit was amazing we were listening to this cool song and after I exhaled I closed my eyes and seen this star and inside that star was a hole and I went through it and saw these animals playing instruments to the song and I opened my eyes then I took the second hit which is where shit hit the fan I had this trip to where I, or the person I was experiencing, was at a social gathering and I was having a jolly time then all of a sudden it went black and then white almost instantly. It was like I was walking up and I started to realize I was being treated by premedics and the girl kept saying you'll be ok you'll be ok and I look at myself and I'm not ok I'm dying and then as I'm looking at myself the girl gets my attention and all of a sudden everyone around said, "Psych, bitch!" And I was at the party again then it ended and I honestly dont know for sure what to think of that other than my mind fucking with itself.

Of course I'm not going to understand because you never gave a coherent reason behind what you're saying--there's nothing to understand. You can "truly appreciate" things how you want with what you think is the "right mindset". And when I post a trip report about the combo and how great it was you can tell me again how I'm doing it wrong.

Sounds like a crazy experience, ColorofThink, it's too bad that someone pushed you to exceed your limits but hopefully you'll be able to integrate the experience well at some point.

I think you've actually hit onto why I don't like DMT. the guy who introduced me to it also was insistent I break through. It gives the experience an objective that imo is doomed to fail because how could you possibly attain their expectations, and if you did how would you even be able to communicate it?

This is giving me some courage/desire to try DMT again but at a lower dose to just enjoy without expectations. I've known like, forever that holding onto expectations will throw off a trip. I don't know why that never clicked with DMT until just now

tacodude - I think we know exactly what you mean, that you should be capable of appreciating the dmt from a sober state and if you need the assistance of another drug to get to that point then something is wrong. There may be some confusion whether you mean there's something wrong with the person's baseline mental state, or that it would just cause the experience to be wrong. Either way, richardj and I disagree, and it seems to us like you'll have to specify what that 'something' is for your complaint to be valid at all

I've read a lot of article on the nexus, reddit and here about people who've had bad trips but all of them seem to fall into the same category and differ a large amount in comparison to my experience. A lot of people say that largely they see demons and other such creatures which put them off of their trip but don't largely discomfort them in any way with lasting effects. I've read a few where people describe events relating to things going wrong during an interaction with another person and that has caused them to become upset too.

With my experience, I eyeballed how much I was using and really did not do a good job in doing so. I probably put in enough for 5 hits and having very strong lungs probably did equivalent to 4 of them. By this time I lay down on my bed hoping to breakthrough in a positive mind set and as it began I was just launched back to reality. I sat up on my bed and as soon as this happened I started to dissociate HARD. I forgot who I was, where I was, what things were around me and how to communicate. I stood up which probably only worsened the effects and I started to panic. At this point my entire body started to convulse and feel like it was being torn apart shred by shred by vibrations and disintegrating. My body started to warp and the texture of my entire body started to change, going from slimy to eventually melting and I was in a cold sweat practically drenching my room. I was sure before I started in my ability to tell myself it was a bad trip and let the drug take control of me before I started, but at this point all my mind knew was "I am an entity, I am alive, and I am going to die right now". I felt as if I could see inside of my own skull and everything was horrific. It came to sitting on my floor for what seemed like eternity and riding it out.

The thing is I didn't read of anyone having a similar experience and aside from my body texture feeling, not looking as if it was melting and very slight body disfigurement I had no other visual or auditory hallucinations which seems unusual. There were other parts to the experience but I'm glad I don't remember them entirely. Since the trip ended I seem to be really panicked when in the dark, and I get paranoid that something is over my shoulder every 10m or so whilst awake.

Has anybody had a similar situation to this and if so how have you coped with it and how did it affect you?
'useless comment snipped as it could be offensive'

Last edited by a moderator: