• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hard / New Impossivle Stick Injecting Newbie Needs Help, Constantly Injuring Myself

euphoricrelief

Greenlighter
Hi all, I'm in dire need of help here, I looked at most of the threads about injecting, but I've yet to find one that's specifically about what I need. I'm a 20 year old, constantly dehydrated, anemic, type 1 diabetic that has recently started injecting heroin and dilaudid since snorting oxy and dilaudid just be wasn't cutting it anymore. So here's my situation:

My now ex-boyfriend was the one that would inject me, and now I'm left alone with injecting. I successfully get the syringe ready, and I do everything perfectly up until getting the damn drugs in me. I tie off at the wrist and try to hit my right hand first, I stick the needle in my vein that connects my ring finger and pinky right around my track marks, and I dig and dig from different angles harder and harder, then pulling out a bit if the vein is shallow, but nothing but air comes out then the site bubbles up and bleeds for a good minute even though I got no blood return in the needle. After a good ten minutes of poking and digging in my hand, I move to the back of my forearm, which I either get on my first try or I poke and dig for 30 minutes til I got a trail of track marks, a lumpy and swollen arm, and now a needle full of blood from just the barely drop of blood that sits at the tip of the inside of the rig but won't draw back.

For the love of all that is good and holy in the world tell me what I am either doing wrong and / or how to successfully give me some damn relief. What can I do to make it so I'm not literally destroying my arms, hands, and veins and so I can just get the drugs in me? Thanks so much in advance. If you need more info don't hesitate to ask. I use 31 gauge, short length needles, BD brand since I'm diabetic.

Save your hands, dont use them first. Trust me. Make sure youre pointing the rig towards the heart "upstream" with the point at a 15-30 degree angle. Lift some weights to get blood flowing beforehand. Also vitamin c helps. Also arginine which is found in peanuts and certain types of beans. And most importantly stay hydrated. That sucks youre anemic, that would definitely be a major obstacle. Are you on meds for your anemia?

Save your hands, dont use them first. Trust me. Make sure youre pointing the rig towards the heart "upstream" with the point at a 15-30 degree angle. Lift some weights to get blood flowing beforehand. Also vitamin c helps. Also arginine which is found in peanuts and certain types of beans. And most importantly stay hydrated. That sucks youre anemic, that would definitely be a major obstacle. Are you on meds for your anemia?
^ This is good advice, the veins in your hand are delicate and should be last resort. Also, make sure you're using fresh needles as all that poking and digging dulls them quickly. You can read this thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...EGATHREAD-amp-FAQ-IV-Vs-Flashes-Flags-Ribbons (Homeless ------ > BDD)

Hands are terrible choice! Drink a lot if water first and hydrate. I use to always hit the vein on the other side of the forearm. Easier to hide tracks and it's a nice big vein. However, quit while you are ahead and go on maintenance or get off before you ruin your life. If you are having trouble hitting and it's not because your veins are blown out I am guessing you are new to this. Save yourself before it's too late and it takes everything from you.

Yeah as every one above me stated I wouldn't IV into your hand unless you have to.. or at all if possible. But once you start and get the feeling that only IVing certain drugs, like dilaudid for instance provides it can be very hard to make yourself go back to sniffing it or any other ROA, because the rush is so much better and you are also getting 100% bioavailabilty with most water soluble drugs, such as heroin, dilaudid, and oxy as you stated you use. I started IVing in the veins near the crook of my left arm then once I got better started using both arms, but for the first year I started IVing it was mostly in the bigger more pronounced veins in my upper forearms. If you are going to continue to IV just be careful and as clean as possible.

Probably not what you wanna hear but you may wanna practice on something else or read up before continuing as I am guessing your technique is way bad. I have tricky veins to find/feel/hit but I could do it in the dark with a 31 gauge 1/2" BD. I've found them to be the easiest by far and don't even have to tie off with those. Like that kinda easy. There's a great megathread on here somewhere with all the finer points from aseptic technique to basic (like bevel up) info. Slamming is one of those things where you know when you get it right if you're confident in where you feel a vein is and you know how it feels to guide a needle into one. Know what you're supposed to feel before just stabbing and jabbing. You can seriously do damage.