• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

hands up, heads up hoo's in for the big give us H on the NHS/ health board campaign?

yes, but the name morph? morphine andspeakfor yerself, the idea is to get the message across that gear dont make ya ill like they have ya believe, im healthy lookin bag head, people are surprised when they hear about me bein a bag head

I would love to see this happen. I dont take H myself, but I would love to see the people that need it to be able to get it easy and pure from the NHS.

I asked my Gp for a Diamorphine script not that long ago, he has the license 2 precribe to addicts. Or did have? His answer was "i would if i could but......"
The thing that irks me is when he first took me on , after i was uncerimonusly discarded by the local agency , they advised him that he would get no support from them regarding my treatment for 6 months. They really tried to make him not take me on , he even put the phone on loudspeaker so i could hear what they were saying about me!
Since then the local service have become part of my "treatment" again with all the crap that comes with them.
What i'm trying to say is if i had asked my GP when he first took me on about the DM script, when the agencies wanted nowt to do with me . I would have had a decent chance seeing as i fitted the nhs criteria. But cos i was so thankfull for any script at the time i didn't take the opportunity to ask him as i was in real bad withdrawl and not thinking beyond the next hour.
Hindsight as they say....

@Brimz, since Dec..2010 the doc's do NOT need a home office approval or license to perscribe anymore, if youy want i will find the link, i read it on a home office site about a month ago..

Last edited:
i find this a bit telling tho, see there are all those who use the h drought and social threads, but no one seems up for actually doing something, are people actually happy with this or ashamed or what?

You know me pink, im right behind (actually with) you hun..

lets do this..you know where to find me;)

copied & pasted

Opiate Maintenance: Prescribing Heroin to Hard-Core Addicts Keeps Them Off Street Smack, British Study Finds
by Phillip Smith, June 03, 2010, 11:00pm, (Issue #635)

In research findings reported in The Lancet, scientists monitoring the Randomized Injectable Opiate Treatment Trial (RIOTT) reported that allowing addicts who have failed to get off heroin to use injectable "medical grade" heroin resulted in lower levels of street heroin use than in addicts given either oral or injectable methadone. The research was done by Professor John Strang and colleagues from the National Addiction Center's Institute of Psychiatry at King's College in London.

Up to 10% of heroin addicts fail to respond to conventional treatments, for reasons that are unclear. In recent years, scientific evidence suggesting that providing medicinal heroin, known as diamorphine in the United Kingdom, under supervision is an effective treatment for chronic heroin addiction, has only increased. This study adds to the mounting evidence.

The RIOTT study chose as subjects chronic addicts who were receiving oral maintenance doses, typically of methadone, but were continuing to regularly inject street heroin. Subjects were provided with oral methadone, injectable methadone, or injectable heroin over a half-year period. At the end of the study, 80% of the subjects remained in treatment, with the highest figure for those using heroin (88%), followed by injectable methadone (81%) and oral methadone (69%). Among subjects who had 50% or more negative samples for street heroin -- the authors' measure of measurable improvement -- 66% of medicinal heroin users avoided street smack, while only 30% of injectable methadone users did and only 19% of oral methadone users did.

"We have shown that treatment with supervised injectable heroin leads to significantly lower use of street heroin than does supervised injectable methadone or optimised oral methadone," the authors said in a press release announcing the findings. "Furthermore, this difference was evident within the first six weeks of treatment."

Noting that the UK government's 2008 Drug Strategy had called for rolling out prescription heroin and methadone to clients who don't respond to other forms of treatment, contingent on the results of the RIOTT study, the authors said the results were in and it was time to act. "In the past 15 years, six randomized trials have all reported benefits from treatment with injectable heroin compared with oral methadone. Supervised injectable heroin should now be provided, with close monitoring, for carefully selected chronic heroin addicts in the UK," they concluded.

"Our scientific understanding about how to treat people with severe heroin addiction has taken an important step forward," said Professor Strang. "The RIOTT study shows that previously unresponsive patients can achieve major reductions in their use of street heroin and, impressively, these outcomes were seen within six weeks. Our work offers government robust evidence to support the expansion of this treatment, so that more patients can benefit

Brimz,

HERE IS THE LINK (half way down the post where it say's, docs DONT need home office license to perscribe)

http://www.npci.org.uk/cd/public/legislation.php

also: http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/drugs/licensing/domestic-licences/doctors

Not quite sure if I read this right but isn't the change essentially just a technical one,
similar to that in Home Office export licences to allow drug dependents to take their prescribed medications in and out of the country? Basically, replacing a long and complex individualised form with a short, standardised one?

But, like the addict wanting to go abroad, the GP still has to apply for the licence and give the same good reasons as before. Just receives a smaller piece of paper if successful.

In practice, if the GP is of unblemished reputation and the patient a suitable case for treatment, the licence should be approved. But the GP can expect a scrutiny of his or her affairs they just don't get if they prescribe other substances instead. And they'll attract the attention of opiophobes local and national. In practice, very few are willing to stick their head on the line and risk the wrath of their peers for a mere junkie. A charming country GP went out on a limb for an addict acquaintance who
went back to the farm - within a few months, rumours were doing the local rounds that she was a hype herself. Nasty. If she'd kicked the addict out, she'd have received the unqualified approval of fellow physicians who make a noise.

Nowadays, for journeys to Europe, there's no need for an export licence to take your drugs with you at all - a covering note from your area drug service provider is enough. If some of these were in charge of licensing GPs, well, there wouldn't be any, not even the handful there are at the moment.

Nice to have you on board for Pink's million thanatoids march. Nearly there. Another 999,989 and we're ready to roll :\

I get frustrated too at people who are seemingly incapable of taking responsibility for their own thoughts and lives. But, playing the liberal, we don't live in a vacuum. The message of the dominant idea is strong, long, loud, powerful and fucking everywhere. It takes some mental strength not to feel like a cunt for being a druggie. If you read through this board you'll find hundreds, nay thousands, of BL'ers who tell tales of reviling their drug use. It takes strength to know you're right when everything in life tells you you're wrong.

It's hard to shout it from the rooftops. On Mondays at work, when everyone is recounting their tales of weekend alcohol and vomit, there are very few druggies dare mention their pills and their hugging. Not me. We're all culpable.

SHM - curious what you're driving at in the first sentence, because you can take it in different ways. You're saying that people should take responsibility and be proud of their status as drug users, correct?

This seems like a bit of a double-edged sword - responsibility indicates some form of choice, whereas much of the rhetoric from pro-medical heroin advocates focuses on the issue as being NOT one of choice - it's one of addiction, compulsive behaviour which should be taken as a mental health issue to be treated. Not a choice to be punished.

It's a tricky issue - I'm certainly pro scripted heroin, but I also believe drug users should take responsibility for their actions. I get pretty depressed reading about people's lack of restraint, which you get a lot of on here. Although to be fair it seems to be more the stimulant users/abusers than the smack heads.

SHM - curious what you're driving at in the first sentence, because you can take it in different ways. You're saying that people should take responsibility and be proud of their status as drug users, correct?

This seems like a bit of a double-edged sword - responsibility indicates some form of choice, whereas much of the rhetoric from pro-medical heroin advocates focuses on the issue as being NOT one of choice - it's one of addiction, compulsive behaviour which should be taken as a mental health issue to be treated. Not a choice to be punished.

It's a tricky issue - I'm certainly pro scripted heroin, but I also believe drug users should take responsibility for their actions. I get pretty depressed reading about people's lack of restraint, which you get a lot of on here. Although to be fair it seems to be more the stimulant users/abusers than the smack heads.

yep, as i ve said time and time again i am in a far better place after iv had a smoe of gear than when ive haad a night on the beer. the horrors and shame and sickness i feel after adrining session, oh god, i couldnt face a night on the beer, but i tell ya, ive been looking t my behaviour druing this drought, and ive been going on like a proper nut case, really i have just mad hyper mad woman, wondering why everyone else doesnt want to join my party, eventually my body and mind gave up. it felt lie i was proper speeding, i know people on here warned me of PAWS, thats why i want to see me old posts in the h threads, coz i was going on lie i was on something, when i wasnt, i was just missing something, i cant explain it, but im not the only one was behving strnge form what i can gather

Nope, you're not the only one nowadays bhaving strnge form what I can gather either, PP. Definitely not. Indeed what's thought to be behaving strange might be considered behaving straight and the thinking that makes you think otherwise is the true weirdness. People are awakening after a long snooze, maybe think to translate their dreams into the realms of consciousness. It's an ill drought that blows no good.

Of course, Specialspeak, taking responsibility for our actions is what it's all about. No hiding behind the bollocks of your illness, your delinquent genes or your hanging with a bad crowd. No mitigating the fact that mugging that old lady or burgling that private dwelling is plain wrong. No excuses. Whether you shoot drugs or peddle arms, rob or bomb, redemption is in your own hands. Be they scarred with tracks or the blood of others, you'd better get them clean now. Fuck the assassins, soon cometh the time of the Opiate All Stars.

i dont like it tho, the world thinks im too much, i think the worlds boring, honest, i have very little interest in anything now, im not depressed, im trying to make sure i dont go that way anyway, but help, what is out there, what really is out there? i really dont know what is out threre, i was working 2 jobs to fund my life and my habit, now theres no gear worth buying i dont see the point in working, i cant expalin it, i just kept going on and on and on thru the dark winter months, and now i dont know where im meant to be its freaking strange!!!

Hey fello smakheads it me DubDonkey back online in the bluelight been a while YoYo Pinky long time no talk so anybody around fermanagh enniskillen area havin a smoke??????