• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Hallucinogenic drug in the clinic

hat's not the way it works; they're looking for any differences between the group given LSD and the group given something inactive. That's the only way to determine if LSD has any potential.

These things aren't just done on a whim, there's a lot of thought put into ensuring that the results they get are only from altering one variable, in this case LSD...

sure im just saying.. that would be an interesting test as well. I can guess what the results will be like from my own experiences but its cool to see if lsd has true medicinal value (in my opinion, very much so)

And whether 2c-e or something similar has the same value or how it differs, thats all

Also what i really meant was that 2c-e instead of placebo would eliminate the obvious "im not tripping, i got a placebo", this way everyone will think they got the lsd. even the people on 2c-e. The 2c-e should not even be mentioned, the volunteers must think its lsd or placebo. But its a wild idea, I just meant it as a way of getting rid of that problem as it was brought up earlier in this thread

Last edited:
I can see this going horribly wrong. Granted, LSD has the power plus more to help people come to terms with negative, life changing news, but along with this comes the power to make them more depressed.

The patients will be in a negative emotional state, obviously, due to their illness. LSD, as we all know, can intensify these feelings in people who are in the most comfortable setting surrounded by loved ones.. Now imagine if that person had to talk to a stranger (or close to) about the fact that they are going to die.. nice.

LSD combined with MDMA.. no.. Psilocin combined with MDMA.. now that, in my opinion, would be a very powerful and efficient therapeutic tool. Even somethin like diazepam with LSD, i think, will be more successful. Something that forces the patient into a positive emotional state before divin into the shit.

Pimp Lazy said:
Plus how expensive are mushrooms to grow? Cough cough...

This is a complete guess but would they not synthesize psilocin in labs for a use such as this? They would have to atleast extract the psilocin / psilocybin to ensure an accurate dose measurement. Land, farmers, the staff required for the extraction process, i'm guessin, will cost more than synthesis..

rickolasnice said:
The patients will be in a negative emotional state, obviously, due to their illness. LSD, as we all know, can intensify these feelings [...]
I agree but I don't think that should necessarily be considered a bad thing. Intensifying feelings can be very useful for many people, especially in Western society I think. It is only by experiencing their feelings to the fullest that they can resolve them.