• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Hallucinogenic drug in the clinic

kevz said:
Say this is successful and they get the results that they want. Would pharmaceuticals begin to produce this drug? I know it would be under great security and all, but any idea of the form it might come in if/when pharmaceutical companies begin to create it for patients?
inhailers. 8o

Great news.

I wonder how widespread prescriptions will get? Think of all the anxious people out there.

I guess it will only be for use in clinics, correct? Not 'take home and drop'.

it's a shame that drugs such as lsd and mdma have been abused by idiots, it meant that substances that could once have been used as a proper medicine now have alot of ground work to catch up on

LSD to polish up its 1970's reputation

WHICH WAS, might I add, BROUGHT ON BY PROPAGANDA AND LIES INDUCED BY A FEARFUL UNSCIENTIFIC AND OPPRESSIVE GOVERNMENT, not by people who use(d) LSD.

Kind of hard to deal with a fabricated reputation...

Can't wait to see the results of this study..even though they'll probably just be brushed aside anyway, especially in the U.S.

I just hope that one day Albert Hoffman will be recognised by the scientific community as the great mind that he is. He could of had the Nobel prize, he deserves it in my eyes

well, i think any study of psychedelic drugs is a good thing, i dont think LSD is the ideal drug to start with IMO. i think the effects it produces are far too erratic to have it distributed commonly. most people would probally react well, but i bet some people would have extremely traumaitc experiences.

i think MDMA for treating PTSD is the best bet for a psychedelic drug to be legitmately used for psychotherapy. its dosing is more linear, the effects much more consistant and less potential for freak outs.

nuke said:
For instance in the psilocybin mystical experience experiment, the subjects were given either psilocybin mushrooms or methylphenidate.

If your refferring to Timothy Learys Good Friday Experiment in Boston, the placebo was actaully vitamin b3, nicotinic acid, niacin etc.. That was the main problem with the experiemnt, within half an hour everyknew who was tripping and who wasn't.

definitely good news. i hardly think LSD is the best drug to combat anxiety from personal experience but that doesnt matter, its great that willy wonka opened that damn factory up again. as far as

The trial will be a randomised, active placebo controlled double-blind dose-response,

a person who has never taken LSD may think they have taken it, although if you have any experience with it or ANY tryptamine/phenethylamine you will notice the changing frequency, and those carpet distortions would def be a sign that you got lucky. Placebo effects are possible due to the unpredictable nature of LSD but i think if i was given a placebo blotter in this test i would prolly know, unless it was a 25ug dose etc

instead of placebo, 2c-e should be given... that way both groups are tripping and can be tested for therapeutic effects, maybe 2c-e is effective is the same ways that lsd could be, maybe more so. I think this would be a good experiment.

And you are right, i think in the US the results WILL DEFENITELY be brushed aside. Its like, even if lsd cured cancer it would not outweigh the "cons" of another acid wave. What if those evil hippies come back from the dead after their source of life was revived.

Eric cartman, honorable anti-hippy authoritah, is readying a speech to calm the people of this great nation down. LSD could be after your your son, or yours, or yours. He will think he knows the meaning of the universe and will dismiss all our efforts for religious indoctrination. LSD IS A SCOURGE THAT MUST BE ELIMINATED.

Last edited:
bingalpaws said:
no way in hell. There's only 12 test subjects, the costs of the actual psychedelic chosen is so small in the scope of this trial as to be completely insignificant.

Plus how expensive are mushrooms to grow? Cough cough...

And how good of a control group would that be FractalStructure? This is science not fun time. Although with science there can be fun time. I'm not too proud of it, but I have some lab gear that was transformed into paraphenelia.

Peace,
PL

woudnt that mean theres some professionally made lsd out then?

maybe some good hits might escape their way into the public. . . . .?

instead of placebo, 2c-e should be given... that way both groups are tripping and can be tested for therapeutic effects, maybe 2c-e is effective is the same ways that lsd could be, maybe more so. I think this would be a good experiment.

That's not the way it works; they're looking for any differences between the group given LSD and the group given something inactive. That's the only way to determine if LSD has any potential.

These things aren't just done on a whim, there's a lot of thought put into ensuring that the results they get are only from altering one variable, in this case LSD...

willow11 said:
nuke said:
For instance in the psilocybin mystical experience experiment, the subjects were given either psilocybin mushrooms or methylphenidate.

If your refferring to Timothy Learys Good Friday Experiment in Boston, the placebo was actaully vitamin b3, nicotinic acid, niacin etc.. That was the main problem with the experiemnt, within half an hour everyknew who was tripping and who wasn't.

I think he's referring to this experiment in 2006.

so are the therapists going to just give them lsd and start a 10 hour therapy session or just sit and watch over them?