• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Half Ounce of Pot Gets Louisiana Man Twenty Years Hard Labor

I haven't read it, but someone mentioned that pills were involved. Pretty much possession of any amount of pills that are a controlled substance is a felony everywere in the US....even if it's "Diazepam" or something like that...So technically, you have someone with multiple prior drug felonies with a new drug felony and marijuana possession. It doesn't change how I feel about it, but it does change how a judge would sentence you. Where I'm from, even people who have been caught 3-4 times selling crack still only get sentenced to 18mos-2 years when they get caught again, and they're eligible for parole after 1/3 of the time.

I'd be interested to learn how long you have to serve for parole eligibility in LA and whether the state itself has "mandatory minimums", which LA seems like the type of state that potentially would.

Many years ago when i helped move a decent amount of pharms, my guy who was also a pharm tech was taking unused returns that were supposed to be destroyed and not returned, technically at that point there was no log, no count ect..anyways, when his manager started diverting more sealed bottles from inventory he drew the attention of the dea. They pulled my guy over, tore his car apart found a few hydros and a single 5mg perc and gave him two sperate charges of unlawiful poss of a cII and cIII, so waay back before hydro was still in that class. I know they were doing it to make him think he had no other choice but to work with them....

So fucked up, how can a half ounce of pot possibly justify 20 fucking years, I mean come on. There are people moving pounds who get a fraction of that where I live, usually suspended sentences too. I have always wanted to visit New Orleans but after reading about Louisiana's cannabis laws I would definitely abstain from smoking whilst there.

Is there seriously anybody left in the world who thinks this type of shit is justified? I mean its a rhetorical question since in the article it states some assholes decided 5 years was too lenient for a 4th marijuana offence. Seriously though what kind of horrible human being could possibly believe it was justice to take 20 years of someones liberty away because they chose to smoke a plant that has been used medicinally for thousands of years, probably longer than the bible I assume these fuckwits believe in says the earth has been around for actually.

EDIT - Just wanted to point out, I am not calling all Christians fuckwits, it is just an observation of mine that an overwhelming majority of people that believe this sort of shit is justified for drug crime are religious, and in the US, particularly the south, that usually means Christian.

They're not true Christians. I find it strange how the US government accepted abortion rights as per Roe vs Wade based on a "right to privacy" what most law scholars believe is actually unconstitutional because it is too vague, yet there has never been a court case defending the "right to privacy" when it comes to using cannabis. I think cannabis use is a much more private act than abortion since cannabis use doesn't involve ending the life of another.

Anyone who supports this ridiculous hypocrisy cannot possibly be a Christian and I suspect they were never a Christian to begin with, just someone who cites the Bible for their own ends.

I'm not sure why, but the US seems to be very, very conservative especially towards crime.

Conservative? No, not at all. Just selective.

Why Kermit Gosnell was not caught earlier is astonishing. He was literally delivering babies live during late-term abortions and then killing then whilst they were still viable.

You see, abortion is the pivot of the USA's great paradox. Where you can do whatever you want with your own body as long as it's abortion and not taking some benign drug which has a track record of being generally being no more harmful than modest alcohol consumption.

Which one of uncle sams great paradoxes.. yeah were quite fuckered in the head and hypocritical contradictions are everywhere.
NSFW:
PS_1042_SAM_DRINK.jpg