Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Halcion-Little blue pills

2c-frEak

Greenlighter
Hi all, I was recently prescribed Halcion for sleep problems, i have found them to be incredibly effective in putting me under but due to the very short H/L i tend to wake up in the middle of the night lol. Any i tried to research them a bit but there realy isnt a great deal of info about-that i can find at the moment anyway-Has anyone had exp with Halcion? did you find the 3 on 3 off rule to work at all? i find on the first night of my 3 off i simply CANNOT sleep at all, this would be the rebound insomnia id guess,but figure im better off not sleeping then being stuck with a benzo addiction.

So yeah any exp with Halcion would be appretiated.

P.S- i take 2 x 125microgram tabs about 15 mins before i intend to sleep and cant recall drifting off.

You could try an intermediate acting benzo such as temazepam that works for 4 hours by memory?

Or you could try Mogadon which is long acting but dont pop too many, I have done this and slept through my work alarm on more than one occasion, and had my dad trying to wake me up, my mate stayed the night and he told me my dad was shaking me trying to wake me up calling me a "fucking druggie" needless to say he and my boss were not happy. I steer clear from sleep meds now.

Halcion is quite a potent benzo and its extremely short half life would IMO make it quite addictive, it is illegal in some countries. You should not mix any other CNS depressants with it.

You could even try using Diphenhydramine as a sleep aid but don't take too many, its OTC as "Unisom" or even try popping a couple Mersyndol that is also OTC. My brother buys pills with 25mg doxylamine succinate only, not sure what the box is called. Perhaps you could try them OTC substitutes every other day and reduce your benzo dose gradually.

Last edited:
My brother buys pills with 25mg doxylamine succinate only, not sure what the box is called.

Restavit.

If you're looking for a longer lasting benzo, nitrazepam or temazepam sound like the best bet for sleep, but that still leaves the issue of dependance.

Restavit.

If you're looking for a longer lasting benzo, nitrazepam or temazepam sound like the best bet for sleep, but that still leaves the issue of dependance.

Mogadon is Nitrazepam just incase OP didnt realise and makes the same mistake as me LOL

might stilnox be any good, or was that mentioned above in some form. I've never needed sleeping pills so dont know the names. Family member used mogadons for a while they used to be a bit dopey after.

hi, thanks for the replies-In the past ive tried nitrazepam but its lasts waaaaay to long so i was still dazed in the morning untill ablout 11 when id come to and wonder how i got to work, temazepam is another one that i tried although i found it to have next to no effect, just my opinion tho, and restovit was the first i tried lol, it made me a lil drowsy i guess but wouldnt put me under and still left me feeling like id polished off a carton the night before lol

I had a similar problem with triazolam.

My issue was also that it wouldn't put me under except in extreme doses.

It remains the only two benzo's that make me sleep are flunitrazepam and midazolam in high doses.

You are better off not taking them IMO the constant rebound insomnia would cause massive problems.

You are better off not taking them IMO the constant rebound insomnia would cause massive problems.

+1 Once you run out of pills, and you wont sleep, its really the worst!

Have you tried zopiclone? they taste like shit, so you gotta swallow them as quickly as possible and definitely don't snort them!

Hows the hangover with Halcion? Fucking hate the sluggishness that persists for half the day that you get with a lot of sleeping aids. Unless I have some dexamps (for that morning kick-start with a coffee ;)) left I try to avoid anything other than diaz/temaz for sleep. Fuck valiums great for sleep. Better than temaz IMO, with zero hangover and super refreshed feeling in the morning. I guess most docs avoid prescribing it for sleep due its longer half-life and what I assume they see as abuse potential. Although many people like temaz just as much diaz for recreational type use.

I personally dont.

Hows the hangover with Halcion? Fucking hate the sluggishness that persists for half the day that you get with a lot of sleeping aids. Unless I have some dexamps (for that morning kick-start with a coffee ;)) left I try to avoid anything other than diaz/temaz for sleep. Fuck valiums great for sleep. Better than temaz IMO, with zero hangover and super refreshed feeling in the morning. I guess most docs avoid prescribing it for sleep due its longer half-life and what I assume they see as abuse potential. Although many people like temaz just as much diaz for recreational type use.I personally dont.

Couldnt agree more on how great valiums half life is, for example I can take 10mg in the afternoon, and the next day my anxiety is down significantly (I still get a little anxiety but even if I would have dosed that day that level of anxiety would still be present, its just lowered enough to keep WD at bay and relaxes me a bit) enough to not need to take any more for the day, sometimes though I might feel a bit edgy later in the night.

@ 88breno-Ummm i havent tried zopiclone, but anything that helps me sleep through the night id def worth a go. As for valium i have only ever tried it on a few occasions and never felt that they were that effective, even at relieving anxiety(of which i have plenty lol)....the las thing i want is to be stuck with a benzo habit lol, so i try to not take any untill its reaaaly late at night, although this could be half the problem-reminds me of when i use to tell myself "right! if im STILL awake in another hour ill have another cone to put me down a lil" but afetr a while i realised id "try" and get to sleep all the while trying to stay awake to have another cone lol-stupidity realy lol.....

@ Tripman-I cant believe that it took huge amounts of triaz to knock you out! (*im not saying it didnt*) it only takes 250-500mics for me, but my tolorence is going through the roof now and i think i even ate 625mics lats night so its deffinatly time to have a few nights off! i just wish i could fall asleep without the help lol....never have and probs never will. even ate 10 temazes one night and still laid in bed staring at the roof till the sun rose lol....

one major prob is ive had my house broken into on 2 occasions lol, first i woke to find som1standing over me n my gf with a torch!!!!the second i woke to find som1 in my backyard who proceeded to bash me lol, so i think half the prob is i dont "want" to sleep just incase....but hey gotta sleep sometime dont we

@ 88breno-Ummm i havent tried zopiclone, but anything that helps me sleep through the night id def worth a go. As for valium i have only ever tried it on a few occasions and never felt that they were that effective, even at relieving anxiety(of which i have plenty lol)....the las thing i want is to be stuck with a benzo habit lol, so i try to not take any untill its reaaaly late at night, although this could be half the problem-reminds me of when i use to tell myself "right! if im STILL awake in another hour ill have another cone to put me down a lil" but afetr a while i realised id "try" and get to sleep all the while trying to stay awake to have another cone lol-stupidity realy lol.....

@ Tripman-I cant believe that it took huge amounts of triaz to knock you out! (*im not saying it didnt*) it only takes 250-500mics for me, but my tolorence is going through the roof now and i think i even ate 625mics lats night so its deffinatly time to have a few nights off! i just wish i could fall asleep without the help lol....never have and probs never will. even ate 10 temazes one night and still laid in bed staring at the roof till the sun rose lol....

one major prob is ive had my house broken into on 2 occasions lol, first i woke to find som1standing over me n my gf with a torch!!!!the second i woke to find som1 in my backyard who proceeded to bash me lol, so i think half the prob is i dont "want" to sleep just incase....but hey gotta sleep sometime dont we

I was scripted 12 mgs alpraz, 120 diaz and 2mg flunitraz a day before i'd ever tried triazolam, it took several grams to get me down and wasn't a viable prescription.

wow no wonder they didnt do a great deal! out of interest are you still taking the above mentioned? if not how did you find comming off that much? ive never been scripted alpraz, and dont realy intend on abusing benzos but i hear alpraz is veerrrrrry abusable, to the extent the my dr even has signs on every wall of his office stating in big bold letters "this practice DOES NOT prescrib alprazolam/Xanax". ive wondered if it would be helpfull with my anxiety when it becomes realy sever but have never bothered asking him for any, i do take alepam for anxiety but i dont realy enjoy waking the next day and thinking FUCK! did i realy do/say that lol....how does alpraz compare in terms of sedation compared to triazolam?

by sever anxiety i mean becoming sooo frustrated with anything that it feels like im going to explode, it seems like i can litraly feel any noise surging its way through my skull and every hair on my body pricking up one by one, my muscles become so tense its painfull and my thought process becomes incredibly cloudy.....worst part is the "its not gunna end" feeling. coupled with the "why am i having the anxiety when theres nothing to be anxious about" it was only last year that i realised it was probably an acute anxiety attack and not just a "bad mood", at least now i know what it is, but that still doesnt help make it stop happening at the worst possible times....lol somtimes i even think "i totaly wish i could fuckin punch this dickhead" just cos somones talking to loudly in a shopping line, or similar situation lol...anyone have any idear how to cal down during a panic attack either while im on the subject?

Before you go too far into the sleeping meds, perhaps you could try simple things like exercising/stretching or going for a run in the afternoon,

another suggestion would be to not take your sleep meds even if it means not sleeping that night, come the next night you should be so exhausted sleep will not be an issue.

If the anxiety is a problem perhaps you could move to a different suburb with less crime rate?

When you try to sleep try your best to just relax and make sure the TV is off and have your mind set in a "I am going to sleep now" kind of way, the mind is a powerful tool.

These methods in addition to using sedating antihistamines every now and then might get you out of the rut your in

I was scripted 12 mgs alpraz, 120 diaz and 2mg flunitraz a day before i'd ever tried triazolam, it took several grams to get me down and wasn't a viable prescription.

Ahh, that always blows my mind man. Are doses in that range common? How many docs are willing to go so high?

So basically from the doctors point of view it must have been a case of "well, this is gonna fuck you up long-term, but in order to function day to day this is what you need..." ?

Dont wanna high jack the thread so Ill leave it at that. No more Qs.... Im sure weve seen enough anxiety/benzo threads around here ;)

lol ive tried exersizing and running in the arvos but it hasnt helped realy, i can be so exhausted that i feel like im gunna pass out, but when my head hits a pillow-Bam"!!!wide awake...frakin frustrating~lol. haha suberb with a lower crime rate would be nice but im pretty set where i am, plus i actualy did that at the end of 2010, it helped a bit but still have anxiety about nothing! thanks for the help tho guys, very appretiated :)

Ahh, that always blows my mind man. Are doses in that range common? How many docs are willing to go so high?

So basically from the doctors point of view it must have been a case of "well, this is gonna fuck you up long-term, but in order to function day to day this is what you need..." ?

Dont wanna high jack the thread so Ill leave it at that. No more Qs.... Im sure weve seen enough anxiety/benzo threads around here ;)

My thoughts exactly, these meds are meant to be used in combination with other natural remedies for a short period of time, not forever in any dose that you think you need. its all about money at the end of the day.

just to make it clear-i do realise that meds arent a long term solution, nor do i use or intend to use them as such, i will actualy lay in bed for hours on end untill im down to the least amount of hours i need to sleep before work prior to even considering using meds. i thouroughly research any substance i injest and accept that the negative effects come with the positives. i dont take "any dose i think i need" whenever i feel i need it, i stick to the scripted dose and if it doesnt work then it doesnt work-tough luck.