• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

H Withdrawal Soon/Chronic Pain & Health Problems/We Can Do It!

Slight change of plans.
I think it will take more willpower than I have to do such a slow taper.
I have decided to just rip off the bandaid and get it over with , this Monday. I am tapering until then. I am down from 260-300mg a day to under 60mg. Sunday will be about 15-20mg, and jump from there.

Today js one of those days. Didnt really plan on my H tolerance to skyrocket but the shit coming out of Miami is astonishing. Have to at least temporarily stop for my own good or pretty much watch my life unravel at its current rate.

I have a bunch of Immodium and Gabapentin, and this chicks been smokin me out on some medical hybrid strains of weed so the day is significantly better than cold turkey.

Im on a dose of 18mg of lope and 1.6g of gabapentin. Have to space them apart because the anxiolitic effects of moderate lope doses and the surge of manic energy from the neurontin kind of cancel themselves out.

But my girlfriend packed her shit and left last night. Doin what we gotta do on the daily takes its toll. And Right now i feel relatively fine. But im alone and i wanna get high.

Hey ya all I'm still aound, too, sorry Bliss I'm going thru same thing, found out I have osteonecrosis of spine been out of work 3 weeks now, my tolerance has skyrocketed too, I'm waiting to see spinal surgeon now, but I can hardly walk unless I'm higher than kite. Sorry chase, it's hard being alone, I miss the people I work with for that reason . Keep posting it helps. I try stay away from shit but I can't see doc till July 14 so we know what that means...Hang in there fondly Bono

Enjoyed reading your thread. Listening to others go through the struggle of opiate addiction somehow puts me a little more at ease. It must be the idea that nobody is alone through this - the fight through addiction to sobriety.

Just curious, what's your take on trying to replace the H use with Buprenorphine?

Wow I'm happy to have you guys here! I've been talking to myself the past week !
Bono , that sucks large. I am technically a CPP but if I'm being honest, it's manageable. I don't know what I'd do if I was in crazy severe pain and still over medicate . It's not easy. My pharmacy offers complimentary weeklies instead of monthly for narcotics for self management I guess. Never took them up on it but it'd be a way to control things so at least you're not out 3 weeks before your next refill like yours truly :(

Chase- I have Kratom, Imodium, lyrica, Ativan, hydroxyzine. And T1's. I dosed my last 25mg today and will have none (aside from a couple T4) am jumping off completely tomorrow. Even though hubby didn't have plans, I still feel guilty I'm going to be in rough shape.. And I have an appt Monday with someone I can't be honest with. She's gonna wonder what's up. But the rest of the week is free.
Lyrica and Imodium seems to help the best, tho lyrica makes me really tired, and Imodium, ugh not looking forward to it. btdt and I get so backed up and THIRSTY and now worried about the heart thing.

Ayruss- in my area, bupe is very uncommon. I guess it's because we have 3 addiction/ drug alternative program here and all 3 use mmt . No exceptions. I was actually considering MMT but I have such split feelings on it. It's really not meant for me, I don't lead a "junkie" lifestyle. I also have medical problems and am very leery to have the addict stamp on my permanent file in case i need help later on. And I can see how the pharmacists look at the MMt patients ? Not like humans who deserve compassion and respect but like dregs of society. Assholes.

You could cook an egg on my chest. How fitting. The brain on drugs egg. Lol. And tears. And yawning. These are the symptoms of day 1. Not even , like day 0.5. And pure exhaustion and so much sweating .

Ayruss- in my area, bupe is very uncommon. I guess it's because we have 3 addiction/ drug alternative program here and all 3 use mmt . No exceptions. I was actually considering MMT but I have such split feelings on it. It's really not meant for me, I don't lead a "junkie" lifestyle. I also have medical problems and am very leery to have the addict stamp on my permanent file in case i need help later on. And I can see how the pharmacists look at the MMt patients ? Not like humans who deserve compassion and respect but like dregs of society. Assholes.

You could cook an egg on my chest. How fitting. The brain on drugs egg. Lol. And tears. And yawning. These are the symptoms of day 1. Not even , like day 0.5. And pure exhaustion and so much sweating .

what about any pain management clinics? I know that isn't an ideal situation, but Bupe. has helped tons of people. I know it's leery but you could even travel if it helped.

if anything man, be proud to be overcoming a herion addiction. I'm proud of you. I've been there - I'm still there. it's the hardest thing you'll ever do in your life and the most worthwhile.

Ayruss,
Thank you. I'm actually on oxy (or dilly) but at a rate of 2800mg in 5 days, I think we're fighting the same beast. That damn opiate monkey.
I've seen studies that say that long term, subutex and methadone are about equally tough to withdraw from. But, subs are more often given for a taper, and methadone reserves for more long term maintenance . Idk if they enforce this but apparently part of the criteria is having failed traditional rehab. Methadone also has the problem of you bring inconvenienced- having to dose at the pharmacy for 3 months before you get carries. Suboxone can be prescribed. And lastly, you're More likely to die on methadone (in first 2 weeks), suboxone is only a partial agonist so you won't OD.

I took lyrica, Kratom and a sleeve of imodiumZ . My WD is down by maybe 75%, but now my insides are cramping. It must be the Imodium

Hey Bliss what are your thoughts on kratom? I thought with high tolerance you don't feel it? I am going on pain management shortly, I saw ortho surgeon who won't touch me and now I have to see the spinal surgeon but I'm not sure I want surgery, it's overwhelming . I live up the street from head shop that carries kratom but haven't tried it, let me know

TBH I don't think it does much if anything. I wouldn't buy it again. I just used some because I was desperate and have some left. Depends on tolerance I guess.
I found that basically if you do enough to do anything, that the side effects make it unpleasant.

Has anyone experienced coming off of sub and not getting cravings at all during wd after after?

Ugh... Self loathing. I did "come into" some perks to not be sick on Father's Day or today (I have an appt at 6pm I cannot skip) then I'm free and clear for getting clean. I didn't amp up my dose (perks give me a measure of self control unlike oxy 5's because I don't like to take more than 15 or so without a CWE and have myself convinced that it would waste product.
Anyway. My plan is : CWE T1 and Imodium together on a quick taper. Supplement with Ativan for anxiety and hydroxyzine for attempts to sleep . I also have some cannabis tincture on the way I can experiment with (hoping this will help with the depression and sadness I get with WD .
I'm not one of those ppl who stays on Imodium, wherever I use it I do a quick taper (under 6 days) and I don't get recreational effects from Ativan so no issues there either.
I have 4 perk I'm about to take and then I'm gonna be dry. But won't be as bad as free falling off 300mg oxy... Hopefully.

I feel like so much is mental, I'm dreading this sooooo much there's literally a pit in my stomach.
This bites.

So I'm dry and I went to my appointment and didn't even stop to get stuff on the way home. Just taking a couple sleeves of Imodium and steeping some T1
. Aside from a sick belly and nonstop yawning, not that bad yet. But I dosed 6 hours ago :(
Where is everybody ?

Hi all,

I totally understand where you all are coming from. I have a terrible spine; last three discs are basically gone, but they don't want to fuse because of my age (now 41), and they're fusing on their own. But I'm tired of the opiate game. I went off of everything last month to see how bad my pain actually was, and 1) was so depressed was almost suicidal and 2) pain was SO severe, couldn't do anything, and I still manage to work full time.

I guess I'm just letting you know I am cheering you on! Chronic pain sucks. I usually post in the pain management thread. Hang in there!

Hi AnnaBanana ,
I am a chronic pain pt as well tired of the opiate game. I used to post in the pain mega thread but I found it was making things worse just complaining and thinking about it all the time. I felt like Eeyore.
I'm still complaining, but this time about WD. Lol
If anyone's keeping track, I had 2 days, pressed pause 1.5 days, and am dry again. I'm having trouble sleeping but no other major signs aside from sweating and exhaustion and apathy. On Imodium, T1, 1 lyrica, and 50mg hydroxyzine. Just finished watching Donnie Darko to get my mind off things. That's the worst part- the mental obsessing that I all "the voice". It's the same voice that convinced you to dose more even though you don't need it, and the voice that tells you that you can't WD, not just yet, for X Y and Z reasons. It's that voice that makes every minute an hour

Made it through the night, was able to get about 3 hours sleep. Rls and severe heat wokemeup around 4. Gonna try to get thru the rest without Imodium as I think it's jacking up my tummy.

Time at an absolute standstill.
Couch locked. I can barely stay upright enough to make juice

Merg
The cold and tears subsided, now it's just crushing depression. Anxiety, rebound pain, insomnia.

You seem almost excited to get started with the onslaught of withdrawl. I know when ive gone through it, posting on bluelight was the last thing on my mind. More power to ya.