• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Great ideas/inventions inspired by drug use

I think it's pretty easy to name a list of people who have done drugs and accomplished great things, and so many fucking writers and musicians have been inspired in thier work by drugs. I think there was even a link posted before listing all of those drug users...
I don't know if this is true or not, I doubt it would ever be brought out publicily if it was true.
Anyways, a long time ago I picked up a hippy hitchiker and we got to talking and he enlightend me with all sorts of cool information, and most of it checked out to be true, not burnt out hippy crap (like the relevance of altitude in growing pot outdoors etc etc).
Well, one thing he told me when we got to talking about inspiration from drugs, was that Apple computers was actually concieved and started out of a 2 week long coke binge...
Now, knowing some of the history behind it's creators and the times they lived in, and what a good coke binge can do to one, this doesn't seem so fucking insane...
But I don't know if it's true...
Brainrape

Originally posted by JerryBlunted:

I don't believe thujone is actually related to THC. I think that the DEA is grasping at straws trying to find a connection between Salvia Divinorum, THC, and thujone so they can schedule Salvia under the Analogue Laws. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

There are some similarities in the chemical structure of THC and one of the forms of thujone (delta 3,4 something or other). They aren't that closely related, but just saying their "related" was easier than explaining exactly what absinthe is. Salvia is pretty much totally different from both. Here's a good little bit on the thujone-THC-salvinorin A "connection":
http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?ID=2936