• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Stimulants Great Christmas songs!

I don't know what is happening to me over recent years, with beginning to like songs that I've previously hated.. First I began to like "Last Christmas" (thanks to James Dean Bradfied's fantastic cover versions) and this year I have actually enjoyed listening to Chris Rea's "Driving Home For Christmas" for the first time. Thankfully I've only heard it once this year, and that was enough. It's not like I like it so much that I'm going to have it on repeat play. It has taken this long for that song to grow on me, but it finally has.

I guess I can't help loving music so much that I sometimes verge on loving almost everything, almost indiscriminately. I know what is supposed to constitute good taste, but at the same time I have lots of guilty pleasures where music is concerned, and more and more 'middle of the road' stuff is becoming acceptable listening to me. I guess it's a sign of mellowing in one's middle age.

I don't need to link the song, as it's not as if it it will be new to any one, but here it is regardless.

Also my appreciation of John Lennon's 'Happy Christmas (War is Over) has increased this year. I've always liked it, but I like it a lot more this year. It's quite a dark and epic song. Already posted by

Forever Changes.
Chris Rea is from Middlesbrough and the thought of driving there for any reason fills me with misery
Any smoggies trying to defend the place, don't bother, it's like Mackems trying to defend Sunderland...

🤣🤣

Chris Rea is from Middlesbrough and the thought of driving there for any reason fills me with misery
Any smoggies trying to defend the place, don't bother, it's like Mackems trying to defend Sunderland...

🤣🤣
I didn't know that and had always assumed that he was American or Canadian or something. His music has that kind of feel and sound. Maybe it's because his music seems to get played on a lot of American films and TV.

It's kind of similar as to how I was astonished to learn that The Bee Gees grew up in Chorlton, Manchester. They had always seemed and sounded very American to me. Probably due to the "Saturday Night Fever" movie.

John Miles
I don't know of Sunderland having too many fine musical exports. I know that it does have Dave Stewart, who definitely does fit into that category. He's the only one that I know of, but there must be more?

John Miles
I don't know of Sunderland having too many fine musical exports. I know that it does have Dave Stewart, who definitely does fit into that category. He's the only one that I know of, but there must be more?

I didn't know that and had always assumed that he was American or Canadian or something. His music has that kind of feel and sound. Maybe it's because his music seems to get played on a lot of American films and TV.

It's kind of similar as to how I was astonished to learn that The Bee Gees grew up in Chorlton, Manchester. They had always seemed and sounded very American to me. Probably due to the "Saturday Night Fever" movie.
Most people think they're Aussies, but they were born on the Isle of Man

Had radio on (in hospital) playing Xmas songs and I'm yet to hear Jethro Tull - 'Ring out ye solstice bells'.
Ignorant fucking radio playlists (not even Greg Lake - utterly shocking!)

Had radio on (in hospital) playing Xmas songs and I'm yet to hear Jethro Tull - 'Ring out ye solstice bells'.
Ignorant fucking radio playlists (not even Greg Lake - utterly shocking!)
Maybe Alan Partridge would have played that for you as a special request during his stint as a hospital radio DJ.

And maybe Jethrol Tull will have some kind of renaissance or resurge of interest in their muisc, but they don't seem to have recovered from being one of those bands that the music press sniggered at during the 80s....

Anyway, I will check it out as I can't say that I know it, and I hope that you're on the mend from whatever ills put you in hospital.

Last edited:
Maybe Alan Partridge would have played that for you as a special request during his stint as a hospital radio DJ.

And maybe Jethrol Tull will have some kind of renaissance or resurge of interest in their muisc, but they don't seem to have recovered from being one of those bands that the music press sniggered at during the 80s....

Anyway, I will check it out as I can't say that I know it, and I hope that you're on the mend from whatever ills put you in hospital.
Stupidity and not acting my age! 🤣