European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Stimulants Great Christmas songs!

Frankie Goes to Hollywood:

Stevie Wonder: Litlle Drummer Boy

Band Aid: (remember there won't be snow in Africa this year!)

Christmas Wish:

The Closing of the year (fom the film 'Toys' -a tribute to Robin Williams) RIP :(

Hope everyone had a happy Xmas!

Last edited:
I quite like this one, it tends to be one of the most underplayed of the christmas songs.

It was prevented from being a much bigger hit at the time by the murder of John Lennon and the issue and re-issue of 2 of his singles. And this song has remained relatively obscure ever since.

Last edited:
Who doesn't remember The Snowman as a kid?

Not a fan of soppy boy bands, but if you're 90s child you've got to have a soft spot for this:

Last edited:
Reactions: CFC
Been warning that if I heard Mud - 'Lonley This Christmas', I couldn't predict just how much it would fuck with my head. As it was, it was the tv that did the dirty and I know why Elvis shot tellies (I threw my underpants at it. For a moment, I thought they had stuck to the screen. They hadn't, but winter turns me into a hermit and I need a kick up the arse, like underwear potentially displaying unusual adhesive qualities...

Still hate that fucking song

gotta be in here just cos of the randomness of the collaborators

I prefer this one to The Pogues version in some ways

Last edited:
I prefer this one to The Pogues version in some ways

Any song that stands up when pared down to its' most simple bare bones, in the form of just an acoustic guitar and a voice, has to be good. And this does it in spades. Christy Moore somehow injects the song with even more emotion and celtic passion, as is his way.

I've heard a few different Christy Moore covers of this song before, but this particular take, that I've not heard before, is especially fabulous.

Last edited:
James Dean Bradfield's acoustic cover versions of "Last Christmas" have permanently transformed how i feel about the song. I didn't like the Wham original version previously, too soft, but ever since hearing these covers I have to say that I love it. James Dean Bradfield's versions in particular, but even the Wham original version now.

Last edited:
The Toy Dolls - 'Nellie the Elephant'?
I don't know of Sunderland having too many fine musical exports. I know that it does have Dave Stewart, who definitely does fit into that category. He's the only one that I know of, but there must be more?

I don't know what is happening to me over recent years, with beginning to like songs that I've previously hated.. First I began to like "Last Christmas" (thanks to James Dean Bradfied's fantastic cover versions) and this year I have actually enjoyed listening to Chris Rea's "Driving Home For Christmas" for the first time. Thankfully I've only heard it once this year, and that was enough. It's not like I like it so much that I'm going to have it on repeat play. It has taken this long for that song to grow on me, but it finally has.

I guess I can't help loving music so much that I sometimes verge on loving almost everything, almost indiscriminately. I know what is supposed to constitute good taste, but at the same time I have lots of guilty pleasures where music is concerned, and more and more 'middle of the road' stuff is becoming acceptable listening to me. I guess it's a sign of mellowing in one's middle age.

I don't need to link the song, as it's not as if it it will be new to any one, but here it is regardless.

Also my appreciation of John Lennon's 'Happy Christmas (War is Over) has increased this year. I've always liked it, but I like it a lot more this year. It's quite a dark and epic song. Already posted by Forever Changes.

Last edited: