• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

grapefruit ( enzymes )

Cba to google, you need to provide some science behind why you would ask this question?

can't say i've ever seen anyone get asked to backup their question with a source lol

So after a lil research I found this out. So MDMA use CYP450 an other CYP enzymes in your body to metaboliz (break down the molecule) it.Grapefruit juice, and grapefruit in general, is a potent inhibitor of the cytochrome P450 CYP3A4 enzyme, which can affect the metabolism of a variety of drugs, increasing their bioavailability by slowing down metabolism that is caused by the CYP enzymes. So the MDMA has more time to absorb into the body b4 it break s down.

Yeah it looks grapefruit would make you roll harder. Wouldn't overdo it though since you need to metabolize the drug and get rid of it eventually!

I can tell you what once happened with me. I had decent MDMA pills ( 1 pill around 150-170mg MDMA ). I have also red that thing that C vitamin boosts your roll. So i took it 30 mins before i dropped HALF of the pill - 1000mg C vitamin.
My friend had birthday, they were just drinking..So we sit at the table and the and half of the pill kicks in, after 10 minutes i get this feeling- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1PVmANeyAg * 2:56 *

I freaked out, my heart rate went so high, i just went to a different room and layd on the bed for about 10 minutes, thinking im going to die. My heart was jumping out of my chest, after 5-7 minutes it went away, i went back waited a hour then dropped second half of the pill and was fine after that.

Imo C vitamin did mess up for sure with my enzymes. Nomore C vitamin for me before the roll for sure :)

tmp95a31_thumb.png

cyp3A4, which is inhibited doesn't play a major role in the metabolism of mdma. it can catalyse the same step as cyp2d6, just as cyp1a2 can, but it's certainly not an important factor here and inhibiting cyp3a4 won't really do anything noticable.

Was the pill u took tested for MDxx?

I'm not sure if vitamin c helps u roll more . but oranges might have so of the same propertys as grapefruit

^
lol what? this is the weirdest shit i've ever heard. i always take between 1-2g of vit C before i drop and this never happened to me. they don't even interact this way, if anything the only interaction vit C would have with MDMA is exerting it faster due to increasing the acidity of your urine.

Vit C is an anti oxidant....must of been that thing called placebo effect bc it should dampen your roll not help it.

orange juice does not have the same properties as grapefruit juice and vitamin c shouldn't affect the roll at all.

Vitamin C would help counter the neurotoxicity due to being an antioxidant, but that's as far as my knowledge goes.

If it doesn't DAMPEN the roll, any positives - placebo or otherwise - are obviously welcomed regardless!

Vitamin C would help counter the neurotoxicity due to being an antioxidant, but that's as far as my knowledge goes.

If it doesn't DAMPEN the roll, any positives - placebo or otherwise - are obviously welcomed regardless!

only huge doses help with neurotoxicity (i'm not even sure if we could achieve the necessary concentrations by eating it) and because possible neurotoxicity is certainly not in any way affecting the subjective effects, vitamin c doesn't dampen the roll at all.

So does grapefruit make u roll harder? Or would it do harm? Cuz I got some MDA an I might try some grapefruit with it or should I wait till I got some MDMA? Since MDA is More toxic

A theory would suggest that grapefruit juice could block some neurotoxicity. Considering that it would also block some breakdown of the MDMA, it could change the subjective experience too. It looks perfectly safe to try if you want to do so.

Regarding vitamin C, it really is a myth. It won't change the high at all, but could reduce some neurotoxicity in large quantities. 'Vitamin C dampens the roll' is an invalid claim.

A theory would suggest that grapefruit juice could block some neurotoxicity. Considering that it would also block some breakdown of the MDMA, it could change the subjective experience too. It looks perfectly safe to try if you want to do so.

Regarding vitamin C, it really is a myth. It won't change the high at all, but could reduce some neurotoxicity in large quantities. 'Vitamin C dampens the roll' is an invalid claim.
Sorry. Guess that's what BL is for. Learning. Thank you for the proper info.