• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Grand Theft Auto V

^ That's awesome yo! My Xbox got to the point where the disk drive won't even open... :|

Really considering getting this for PC, but then again the online was pretty shit and that's what really attracted me to this game. The single player is still the best I've ever played but I'm not really sure I want to spend $50 just for that.

^ That's awesome yo! My Xbox got to the point where the disk drive won't even open... :|

Mine has the same problem (and a couple other more serious ones), but ultimately it still functions normally. The 360 is notorious for having a weak motor/laser in its DVD drive. My disc drive, for example, will not open if it's empty. If I leave a disc in the drive, however, the extra weight is usually enough for it to open normally (about 80-90% of the time, maybe have to click the "open" button once or twice). Empty, forget it. Never opens. If I forget to leave a disc in there, the solution is to use a small flathead screwdriver to gently pry the drive open as I'm clicking the button. Give the motor a helping hand, so to speak. A couple of tries is enough to get it to pop out.

Second problem, that has recently appeared, is that sometimes the drive will decide it doesn't want to spin anymore. Content on my HDD will work fine, but it won't spin/recognize discs. The key here is just to let it try, try, try to read the disc (wait until it stops making noises and has given up attempting to read, it takes about 2 minutes). Then open/close and let it run through the cycle again. Do this about 5-7 times and then the drive will finally crawl back to life. I might get one disc unreadable error towards the end but the NEXT time it tries it will always work.

I don't know if any of these problems sound similar to what you're experiencing but hopefully this helps you some. You say your drive won't open. Is it empty? Can you try (gently) prying it open with a flathead screwdriver as you push the button? If that works, try having it read a disc. Does it work ok or are you having disc read problems too? Is it spinning up or just making clicking noises? If it spins but won't read, that's a bit more serious. If it isn't spinning, trying my method above might work.

And finally, if it works fine with the first disc you put in, just remember to always leave one in there (unless transporting the machine). Let me know if any of this helps.

^ That's how my old computer died lol, trying to download GTA:SA off torrent.

Mine has the same problem (and a couple other more serious ones), but ultimately it still functions normally. The 360 is notorious for having a weak motor/laser in its DVD drive. My disc drive, for example, will not open if it's empty. If I leave a disc in the drive, however, the extra weight is usually enough for it to open normally (about 80-90% of the time, maybe have to click the "open" button once or twice). Empty, forget it. Never opens. If I forget to leave a disc in there, the solution is to use a small flathead screwdriver to gently pry the drive open as I'm clicking the button. Give the motor a helping hand, so to speak. A couple of tries is enough to get it to pop out.

Second problem, that has recently appeared, is that sometimes the drive will decide it doesn't want to spin anymore. Content on my HDD will work fine, but it won't spin/recognize discs. The key here is just to let it try, try, try to read the disc (wait until it stops making noises and has given up attempting to read, it takes about 2 minutes). Then open/close and let it run through the cycle again. Do this about 5-7 times and then the drive will finally crawl back to life. I might get one disc unreadable error towards the end but the NEXT time it tries it will always work.

I don't know if any of these problems sound similar to what you're experiencing but hopefully this helps you some. You say your drive won't open. Is it empty? Can you try (gently) prying it open with a flathead screwdriver as you push the button? If that works, try having it read a disc. Does it work ok or are you having disc read problems too? Is it spinning up or just making clicking noises? If it spins but won't read, that's a bit more serious. If it isn't spinning, trying my method above might work.

And finally, if it works fine with the first disc you put in, just remember to always leave one in there (unless transporting the machine). Let me know if any of this helps.

Thanks yo, but I think my console days are over anyways lol... nice to know I might be able to get it to work when I want though. Right now it's only function is as a visualizer, hah.

anyone have any luck with the 360 emulators for PC? Not sure if GTA would be supported yet though.. I most def wouldn't be able to get on Rockstar's servers.

EDIT: Sucksess! Though the disk still won't spin. Same problem as before though, should be able to get around it

Last edited:
I SSSOOOOOOOOCant wait to play this game!!!!! it looks like they are improving the graphics.
I just love this game and i want to play it forever

Anyone still playing this online on 360?

I've gotten sucked into the online mode these past two weeks and wouldn't mind a few down ass peoples from Bluelight to play with.

GTA V is coming to PS4 and XBox One this fall.

Looks like that'll be when I get my next-gen system then. Honestly, though, I'll probably get set up with one just in time for Shadow of Mordor to come out. I can't fucking wait for that game. :!

Looks like that'll be when I get my next-gen system then. Honestly, though, I'll probably get set up with one just in time for Shadow of Mordor to come out. I can't fucking wait for that game. :!

Jibult , What console do you plan on getting?

Xbox One but I'm not really committed. At the moment, there's really no games that interest me on PS4 or XB1. I'm waiting on a GTA 5 port, Dragon Age Inquisition, Shadow of Mordor, Evolve, Destiny, and Elder Scrolls Online. I think most, if not all, of those'll be coming to both consoles, though, so I'll probably get whichever one's cheaper come September-October.

Most of those games'll be on 360 too, but from what I'm reading they're basically going to be watered down versions of what I'll be expecting from all the previews I've seen so far so it'll kind of be like setting myself up for a disappointment... especially with Shadow of Mordor. That game just has some really awesome sounding concepts going for it.

Yeah, dude, I can't help but imagine all the issues that make GTA5 annoying to play sometimes will be ironed out for the ps4 and XB1 versions.

I really love this game, but I've had plenty of issues with it from disc-quality of brand new games to in-game freezes and bugs. In all fairness, I just recently bought a new refurbished 360 because my last one was really getting fucked up, so it's hard for me to know what issues were with my console and which issues were with the games I've been playing lately...

Meh. My big thing? Still waiting for online heists, man. That's the biggest draw of GTA5, the bank-robbing aspect of the game.

Just like a version of the game for another system. Sometimes you can expect a few minor tweaks due to hardware differences, and smoother gameplay/less bugs, but generally a port is just an identical version of the game made to play on another console.

Just like a version of the game for another system. Sometimes you can expect a few minor tweaks due to hardware differences, and smoother gameplay/less bugs, but generally a port is just an identical version of the game made to play on another console.

Ok.

Meh. My big thing? Still waiting for online heists, man. That's the biggest draw of GTA5, the bank-robbing aspect of the game.

They STILL don't have those? WTF? Seriously.. WTF? How are they even allowed to say it's in the game if it's NOT?

That was really the only reason online was going to be any good. The missions fucking suck ass, repetitive and boring. "Go here, get this. Now come back. Here's $1000, go buy back all the ammo you just shot."

That was really the only reason online was going to be any good. The missions fucking suck ass, repetitive and boring. "Go here, get this. Now come back. Here's $1000, go buy back all the ammo you just shot."

Eh... online's fun to fuck around with once you've already made money, but earning enough to have a fun time is definitely a bitch.

But yeah, still no heists. You're right, dude, they shouldn't even advertise it if they can't seem to figure out how to implement the feature into online mode.

Heists just came out. It is pretty cool actually. They happen with set up missions for the main heist and then the heist which can net someone 60k+. Other missions are like 20. If you want to play it just for money regular missions might work, but these heist missions seem like there was some work put into them.
Good times, it you've got a crew to work with.
Also, new vehicles.

Last edited:
^^Man... I was so excited when the heists were releasing.... I went online and got a little 2 day free trial to Playstation Plus so I could play online. Lo and behold, fuckin' GTA's servers get overloaded for exactly 48 hours after they released the online heist update and I couldn't play shit. :X

I'll be all over it this weekend, though.