• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Got the flu… what drugs can help me

For me, for the flu I go with acetaminophen or ibuprofen (but acetaminophen seems better at fever reducing... not good for your liver but taking it for the duration of a flu at recommended doses is not going to hurt you). That's about it... well, there is something you can get over the counter, I forget what it's called but it's clinically proven to help fight the flu.

Another thing that is clinically proven to help fight the flu is elderberry... when covid started, I started making elderberry syrup. You can either buy elderberry syrup or extract, or you can buy dried elderberries and makwe the syrup. I like to also add some thyme to it as thyme contains a compound that is antiviral as well. You can easily find recipes for making the syrup with a google search. My recommendation is to not simmer it for as long as most recipes say, as heat slowly destroys the compound that is antiviral. I usually heat it for half the time of the recipe which reduces the amount that is destroyed.

I have no idea if elderberry helps against covid, but it is proven to help against the flu (and the common cold I think, too, which is why I suspect it will help against covid too). It also helps prevent getting sick in the first place, so during cold/flu season, I like to take some every day that I'm leaving the house as a preventative measure.

Also vitamins and proper nutrition will help your body be stronger and fight it off better.

Opiates do mask symptoms but no need to get yourself in a bind over it, I know your struggles. And I mean, the flu sucks but you'll get over it. Ignorant people like to say "opiate withdrawal is just like the flu", but you and I know that compared to opiate withdrawal, the flu is a walk in the park! So my point is, you can handle it, I don[t think you need to mess around with any recreational drugs, which could either lead to increased addiction issues or else weaken your immune system.

vitamin C, easy.
Get a lemon, squeeze it in a glass til it's 30% full, add water, drink it.
Do that every time after you have eaten.

I do this every day(with 5-10% lemon) and I never get sick, my immune system is the fucking bomb. And it used to be so shit before I started doing this. I was sick all the time as a kid/teen.

Lemons are the bomb. I love them I cook with them all the time some nice lemon chicken and rice.. mmm

Goldenseal tincture.

Taheebo bark, proper taheebo though.

Wild neem.

Silver.

Hydrogen Peroxide 3% nebulised, no more than 3% though.

@AutoTripper that sounds fucking insane. Breathing the Peroxide. I do tip my hat to your motherfucking balls, but don't give it as advice please :ROFLMAO: especially not for something as trivial as the flu

If you make even a small mistake..
Honestly, you don't wanna fuck up the membranes in your lungs.
This is to treat something like respiratory disease,
and should only be done by professionals.

I would strongly recommend against breathing in hydrogen peroxide... sounds like a horrible idea.

One thing that i personally really enjoy when sick is just eating whatever spicy soup i can get my hands on.

These days it's pho where you ask for extra holy basil and limes and peppers, and dose the broth heavily with chili oil.

Idk why but that pain plus the steam and a good broth really gives me a temporary respite.

@AutoTripper that sounds fucking insane. Breathing the Peroxide. I do tip my hat to your motherfucking balls, but don't give it as advice please :ROFLMAO: especially not for something as trivial as the flu

If you make even a small mistake..
Honestly, you don't wanna fuck up the membranes in your lungs.
This is to treat something like respiratory disease,
and should only be done by professionals.
Just properly research it. Must be stirctly 3% maximum for a nhalation techniquie. Food grade best.

Is the fundamental safety aspect there.

Just properly research it. Must be stirctly 3% maximum for a nhalation techniquie. Food grade best.

Is the fundamental safety aspect there.
That's all good and well, but it would be like using a catapult to murder a bird. We're talking about the flu here, just get some Vitamin C in your body, monkey dead.

Do you know you didn't damage your lungs at all?

That's all good and well, but it would be like using a catapult to murder a bird. We're talking about the flu here, just get some Vitamin C in your body, monkey dead.

Do you know you didn't damage your lungs at all?
I really don't wish to dispute you ever out of respect as an honest open man, and I have taken a pfofound dose of pure ALD 52 a very time dilated while ago but, I think I remembered- with respect, there really is more to THIS (medicinal safe H2O2 uses, I want to speak a word more but this is very strong lsd stuff.

I really don't wish to dispute you ever out of respect as an honest open man, and I have taken a pfofound dose of pure ALD 52 a very time dilated while ago but, I think I remembered- with respect, there really is more to THIS (medicinal safe H2O2 uses, I want to speak a word more but this is very strong lsd stuff.
I'm not doubting that it can be used to treat specific respiratory diseases, I'm just a bit doubtful on the entire "using it to cure the flu" endeavour

I hope you understand