• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment Goodbye Heroin...

Hexenstahl

Bluelighter
Monday will be my first day going into maintenance therapy where I'll be getting Substitol (Morphine). Finally my head will be free so I can do some of the old stuff that I used to do before my addiction consumed my entire time. I can go back to reading books, produce electronic music, focus on starting my own business.
I'm just sick and tired of the dope lifestyle. I'm sick of playing the waiting game, sick of shooting/smoking garbage, sick of scamming innocent people on ebay to finance my habit and ofc I'm sick of being sick. Goodbye Heroin and goodbye to that awful, stressful and frantic lifestyle that I used to have. I'll never miss you.

Legalize all drugs!

P.S.: if I behave well I might become eligible for take-home, but until then I have to show up every morning (which I will gladly do). A new chapter in my life has begun. Wish me the best ^^

That's great brother. Let me know how it goes. It would I believe be the first documentation of prescribed morphine treatment for heroin on Bluelight. Definitely keep us updated and welcome to the first steps to a new life. I walked off 90mgs of methadone 5.5 months ago. Wish I had had morphine as an option.

Last edited:
Replacing an expensive street heroin habit for pharmaceutical morphine seems like a no-brainer to me.
Not many countries offer that option, unless they think you're a very high risk user in precarious conditions who has failed to maintain on buprenorphine and/or methadone.

By "walked off" you mean tapered down?
Nah, I just left. They were going to take my my weeks worth of carry outs away because I smoked pot in Colorado where it's legal so I got mad and told them I was leaving. I was fed up because it was a 45min drive and in order to make it to work on time I had to arrive around 430am because a long line would begin to form. Plus I had already been late to work because sometimes the dispensing machines would be down so when I did my last job and could take as much time as I needed I left. It was painful as hell and I used a variety of substances to cope but I was determined.

I had been on for just over 2yrs but had been on for about 10yrs in the past and didn't want to get stuck or become a lifer.

Nah, I just left. They were going to take my my weeks worth of carry outs away because I smoked pot in Colorado where it's legal so I got mad and told them I was leaving. I was fed up because it was a 45min drive and in order to make it to work on time I had to arrive around 430am because a long line would begin to form. Plus I had already been late to work because sometimes the dispensing machines would be down so when I did my last job and could take as much time as I needed I left. It was painful as hell and I used a variety of substances to cope but I was determined.

I had been on for just over 2yrs but had been on for about 10yrs in the past and didn't want to get stuck or become a lifer.
Damn, I don't have the strength to do that. I just don't have the will anymore to endure another opioid cold turkey. I'm quite happy to remain on opioids for the rest of my life if supply isn't a problem. Opioids balance me out emotionally and filter out the bad stuff from my mind. That's exactly what I need to cope with day to day life.
If I was rich I would have long gone to a private doctor and let him prescribe me Opanas, or move to Switzerland and let the doc prescribe me Diaphin. Man, rich dope fiends got it easy...

I received 300mg Substitol this morning (8:30 am) and I gotta say it's awesome (walked in with a slightly concerned look and walked out with a chill smile). I had to wait an hour there for the doc to see if the dose is right and 300mg seems to be the golden spot for me. No wd, no craving and a mild buzz that keeps me going since I took my dose. This is how I imagine an ER version of Heroin would feel like if taken orally lol.
The clinic is really awesome because they let you freely choose what substitute you want. I told my doc that I don't want to get hooked on methadone or take shitboxone and he was like "sure no problem, we can give you morphine". And if that doesn't work, there is always the state financed heroin program (pure diacetylmorphine for IV use).

If any german reads this and wants to know which clinic I am speaking of, here is their website: https://www.suchtmedizin-stuttgart.de/suchtmedizin-k40.html

Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me how progressive things are over there in Germany/Holland/Belgium compared to here in the UK. I dare say even private here in the UK you wouldn't get such a good level of care

It never ceases to amaze me how progressive things are over there in Germany/Holland/Belgium compared to here in the UK. I dare say even private here in the UK you wouldn't get such a good level of care
UK is just fucked in the head in so many ways, depressing and difficult to envisage meaningful change anytime soon

Absolutely made up for you @Hexenstahl and I hope you manage to take full use of this opportunity

I just wanted to add that these ER morphine tabs are really amazing for maintenance. I take them at around 8am and the effect starts to wear off after 24h. This means no intermittent wd. I have zero craving for heroin while on it. Substitol is truly a godsend. I wish americans had access to it too. Methadone is absolute dogshit from what I have heard and it's also bad for the heart.

I just wanted to add that these ER morphine tabs are really amazing for maintenance. I take them at around 8am and the effect starts to wear off after 24h. This means no intermittent wd. I have zero craving for heroin while on it. Substitol is truly a godsend. I wish americans had access to it too. Methadone is absolute dogshit from what I have heard and it's also bad for the heart.
I'm really happy for you that your recovery is going well and your cravings are zero. I am also glad you kicked heroin to the curb and told it to fuck off. May you have better and happier days ahead. Good for you and keep on keepin' on. :cheer:

That's great brother. Let me know how it goes. It would I believe be the first documentation of prescribed morphine treatment for heroin on Bluelight. Definitely keep us updated and welcome to the first steps to a new life. I walked off 90mgs of methadone 5.5 months ago. Wish I had had morphine as an option.
I was on morphine for opiate addiction in 2019 in Canada, posted about it on a blog on here, it is how I got clean after 5 years fentanyl/100mg methadone. Pretty much posted through out the whole year of tapering if you are interested

I was on morphine for opiate addiction in 2019 in Canada, posted about it on a blog on here, it is how I got clean after 5 years fentanyl/100mg methadone. Pretty much posted through out the whole year of tapering if you are interested
Was switching from methadone to morphine hard? Did you experience any uncomfortable symptoms? As far as I know the factor is 1 : (6-8) when replacing methadone for morphine, so your dose had to be around 600 - 800mg morphine in order to prevent withdrawing from methadone, right?

Was switching from methadone to morphine hard? Did you experience any uncomfortable symptoms? As far as I know the factor is 1 : (6-8) when replacing methadone for morphine, so your dose had to be around 600 - 800mg morphine in order to prevent withdrawing from methadone, right?
I think I got the methadone down a little bit first maybe like 70mg and switched to ~450mg morphine, I think it was a little bit low at first but I got used to it after a couple weeks

Congrats man im happy you have this safer alternative. Wish they did this in the US i would totally opt to go on Morphine over this damn Bupe. Mean it is working for me but i would love to have that warm fuzzy glow when the Morphine hits each day, im pretty jealous. What kinda dosing do they give you with the IV Heroin program, im assuming you go back more than once a day cuz of the duration.

Morphine for me, is non-mediating. I never tried heroin bc it was always sprinkled with something in few countries i visited, Denmark I had a toke in cigar form and tbh felt like 2g weed high for me.

I think morphine is more healthy since is pure unlike all other drugs even given with USA drug boom.

Morphine is easy but IV is extremely deconnecting head from body. Literally. I never had WD and I am user of over 10yrs.

@Hexenstahl

Congrats man im happy you have this safer alternative. Wish they did this in the US i would totally opt to go on Morphine over this damn Bupe. Mean it is working for me but i would love to have that warm fuzzy glow when the Morphine hits each day, im pretty jealous.
Yeah the morphine high feels like a drawn-out slowmo version of a heroin rush because these are ER tabs made specifically to keep you going for 24h. Just noticed it again today. Took my pills at 8:30 AM and around 9:45 while waiting at the metro station I felt the warm, fuzzy rush hitting me in waves, and now 11 hours later the effect is veeery slowly fading away and by the time I wake up (tomorrow at 8:00 AM) I simply feel sober without any sense of discomfort. Morphine is such an underrated opiate, especially in its retarded form. Now, diamorphine ER pills would be even better but that is a luxury that only swiss people have access to (for now hehe).

What kinda dosing do they give you with the IV Heroin program, im assuming you go back more than once a day cuz of the duration.
This is precisely why I have refused to go into the heroin IV program because I'm a fast metabolizer and therefore would need to show up three times a day to keep my opiate blood concentration at a stable level. We currently have 5 people who get heroin shots and 4 of them need to show up three times a day (morning, midday and evening) which is incredibly stressful and impossible to do when you're working or plan on starting to work or become an entrepreneur like I do. As a logical consequence all four of them are on unemployment benefits and waste half the day just driving to and from the clinic. That's just a huge waste of time and energy. This would be a completely different story if those who take part in the diamorphine program could receive a take home script just like everyone else. If getting a one week script for an IV heroin solution was legal, then I'd switch to that immediately lol. You show up monday morning, get a one week supply of heroin and start shooting pure dope after waking up, before lunch and then finally a good night shot in the evening without having to go anywhere. That'd be wonderful. But hey, maybe the government will make that legal in the coming years. Who would have guessed that something like the diamorphine program would even be a possibility 15 years ago. Things might change for the better for us in the coming years.

The only thing that frustrates me is how backwards thinking the US is in this regard. Shitboxone is still prescribed over there even though the rate of relapse is demonstrably high, since bupe isn't even a full agonist and doesn't provide most addicts with the typical opiated feeling that they crave so much. It even makes some people anxious and depressed. I mean the whole point of maintenance therapy is to fully satiate the brain of an opiate addict to prevent cravings and relapses and bupe epically fails in doing all of that. I hope the situation changes in the US. Folks over there need to have the option of getting either levo-methadone (methadone without all the nasty side effects that are caused by the dextro molecule), ER morphine or just pure heroin. But I suppose the government and big pharma just profit too much from the war on drugs (which is really a war on people)

Last edited: