• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Going to be starting 8mg-2mg SL Suboxone Film Soon; Need Help

Good that the sub transition has gone well

But be aware--24 mg/ day of sub is very much beyond what someone taking 90 mg of oxycodone per day should be on. You mentioned you thought your dr put you on an "equivalent "dose. It's not. People with 1+ g IV heroin habits can easily maintain on a third of what you're taking. It's overkill

I just want you to know that before you end up with a far worse physical dependency. Do some reading about subs here on BL. Honestly, if I were you, no way would I take more than 1 strip per day. The half life is 36+ hours. Dosing once a day is fine. If mentally you would rather dose 2 or 3 times, then split up one strip

Thanks crzydiamond. I am going to be seeing the sub doctor tomorrow, and I will definitely be asking for a taper. I think a large part of the reason why I am experiencing sedation (and some very mild nausea) when I normally never get sedated on opioids is because I am taking too big of a dose.

I started taking 3 strips per day on Thursday, October 20. It's Monday, October 24, and I just took my second strip of the day. Based on what you just said crzydiamond, it makes me not want to take another strip until tomorrow morning. I didn't realize that the effect of these strips lasts that long.

So do you folks think by this point that I could still take one 8mg strip per day and not experience any withdrawals?? Or is it too late?? Again, it's been nearly 5 full days of me taking three 8mg strips per day. I wonder how much I can cut down at this juncture......

Dude, 8mg is fine! seriously at least take just 16mg a day, for a couple days if you feel like you have to, but I don't think you will honestly, anything over like 8-12mg is total overkill, really anything over 8mg... sub is a lot stronger in low doses! Less is more.. depending a lot on what ROA you use them too.. sublingual has a BA of like ~34% sometimes more, sometimes less, all depends how long you leave it under your tongue, and how well it is placed in the correct part of your mouth, under the tongue... it will absorb differently everytime, that is why the sub'l BA is so fickle... I didn't like taking them that way after I did some research, and tried plugging them.. IT is wayyyy more efficient (at least it feels that way!), and is even LESS harmful than sublingual, and it is able to be felt within 5 mins, after you plug it! very good, and highly recommended ROA for sub, it will help you cut your dose into a quarter of what you take sublingual, at least in half! But even if you still continue sublingually taking it, still, cut your dose down 24 mg is just ridiculously too much for bupe in one day...

My doc just advised me during out appt. today to go down to two 8mg strips for the next three days. One in the morning, one in the early evening. After three days, then go down to three half strips (12mg total) per day. They'll be another taper when I see him next week. He told me that he thought the original dose he gave me might be too much, but he just wanted to make sure that I avoided withdrawal symptoms. People react differently to the IR Oxycodone to Subuxone switch over.

My doc strongly advised me to swish a small glass of water around my mouth, spit it out, and apply the film to the inside portion of my cheek near the middle. He doesn't like people sticking it underneath their tongue, despite what the manufacturer says. Not exactly a great taste, but it seems to dissolve the film really quickly.

The sense I get is that he thinks this will be a 2 month taper, but he said it is so individual. People's brains react differently once you get to the lower levels of Subuxone, and the latest research is pointing out that some people simply cannot function without some opiate or opioid-like substance. He spoke to me about a cattle rancher (yet more proof that this stuff effects people from all walks of life) who got down to the lowest amount of Sub film that you can possibly take, but if he didn't take it three times per day, he went through the withdrawal symptoms of a full blown IV smack addict.

Yeah.. I truly believe I am one of those people.. I don't know if I will ever be able to stop subs, without going back to some kind of opiate again! Its a shitty situation when you get too deep into the opiate game.. the point of no return to total normalcy, at least no easy return! I would truly have to be locked away in some rehab for like 5 months in the middle of nowhere, and never return to my hometown, as I have people approach me quite often asking if it "party" and if I do heroin or pills like oxy or dilaudid.. that shit is everywhere in my town, and stopping subs, and being sick.. eventually during WD I would say fuck it and relapse on dope/pills.. The thing is, I really don't like being completely sober.. I have serious anxiety and ADHD as well, and without the meds I take for those disorders, I am just totally uncomfortable.. so I am content right now, don't mind subs, and don't care how long I am on them.. as long as I am living my life, happily, without having to get drugs off the street everyday, and depend on undependable dope connects, than I am happy! And much safer this way too.. the only things I ever get off the street are coke, and weed a couple times a month if that nowadays.. just recreationally now, weed of course was always recreational, its not addicting.. coke, I did fall off on pretty bad a couple years ago, but have managed to find a way to keep my usage minimal at most now which is good.

I will tell you this.....I realize that subuxone is still an opioid, but it feels great being off of pills. It has really helped my overall psychology.

I was IV user on and off for almost 15 years. Did methadone detox and clean for few years until my ex ran me over with truck and basically broke my upper body. After months in hospital with diluadid drip I was cut looose with dilaudid and oxy scrip. Of course, Imwas cut off and went straight to dope. After cold turkey, relapse, methadone, cooled turkey from 20 mg of Done(didn't sleep for two weeks) I got on subs eventually and stayed relatively clean for 6 years now. I think it's better than methadone although price can be problem w/0 insurance. How's it been for you? Good luck

Fortunately I have really good insurance that covers it. It is to my understanding that a lot of insurance companies won't cover it...they force patients to take the pill form. My doc likes the film because it is easier to taper from. He also gave me a discount card from the manufacturer that saves me a bunch. I think I paid $26 for thirty 8mg films. Not bad for a non-generic drug, and certainly way cheaper (and better) than the stupid Butrans patches I was using before.