• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Going fucking loopy on speed contrasted with psychedelics

my friends and I used to go shooting automatic rifles in the desert high on mushrooms and acid.... we did a lot of crazy things.... but shooting a rifle tripping is an amazing feeling, truly feel the awesome raw power of guns.... we were very experienced though... it was only once we start doses of anything over an 8th (and these shrooms were the best i've ever had) that things started getting freaky..... When you forget how to reach in your pocket or open a door or say things, or your vision goes gobety goob that it gets scary, but also this is when you can have a POWERFUL and amazing experience.... basically unless you risk it all, you won't see God. . .

out of maybe 300 trips in my life, i've probably had 5 really bad ones, and maybe 15 indifferent ones

Well, personally, I'm just glad I live in a (nearly enough) gun-free country. Even when I'm not tripping.

I could not imagine taking acid or mushrooms in the same town as a gun, let alone the same house. Talk about ruining your set and setting .....

this..

Well, personally, I'm just glad I live in a (nearly enough) gun-free country. Even when I'm not tripping.

and this, only replace town with country where firearms are common place. I admit I'm ignorant to second amendment culture but I found that post incredulous.

When I was 18, a few of us were tripping on mushrooms in an older friend's flat when a speedfreak mate of his turned up. Now, it's difficult enough just being in the presence of someone tweaking to fuck when you're tripping, but when the cunt pulled out a gun (albeit not loaded) and started waving it around, it was pretty much freakout city!!

Luckily, he realised what he'd done and to make amends gave us all a nice lump of opium in compensation. That chilled things out somewhat :)

I could not imagine taking acid or mushrooms in the same town as a gun, let alone the same house. Talk about ruining your set and setting .....

Excellent point that has so far been largely missing from this discussion. One fundamental difference between psychedelic freakouts and/or meltdowns vs the stim-based equivalents is Set & Setting. Matters a whole helluva lot for the former but nary a toss for the latter. The fact that stim psychosis is a near-inevitable consequence of using stims at high doses and/or lengthy duration marks it as a very different beast to psychedelics.

A psychosis caused by meth or speed is something I had always heard about and thought would never happen but when it did it was scary, truly lost as I never believed I could act in the state I did and what my poor parents saw me become was shocking. The paranoia and shadow people, what one lad earlier said in the post was truly horrifying even though I knew that they coud not be real but looked so real and threatening. Never experienced that on acid or tripping. I learned the hard way but I experienced it and thats what life is about and I think I'm in a better state than what I was when the shit hit the fan. I hope anyway.

Last edited:
FWIW, I have seriously extensive history in this forum for some pretty frikkin extreme levels of drugs use, misuse and a fucktonne of abuse across all categories of drugs. In all of that headfukkery I never once ran down the street nekkid, screaming and in fear for my immortal soul due to the deal I unwittingly struck with the devil (or some versions thereof) - that I don't even believe in I should also add - to the point I ended up having to be caught with the big nets by the police and a few helpful passers-by (in a very, very small rural village I would note).

One of the lowest - and indeed highest - points of my life. But a week of sleep, a short course of anti-psychotics, and a fuckload of self-examination brought that to an end. Since then I have a whole new life, meaningful responsibilities, and a great deal to look forward to. I won't pretend the freaky shit disappeared completely... but it is very much manageable now and has been for quite some time.

Almost anything can be returned from - just make the effort to catch it before it gets into that grey area when this becomes less under one's own control. Great to hear you are doing better and please stick with it <3

The worst I've personally experienced from prolonged speed use has been hyponatraemia in hot (really too hot to be taking speed, but set and setting were otherwise excellent; the original plan was to drop an E, but that never materialised -- but this is really good speed, it'll blow your tits off and I'm doing you a special deal here because I got dicked about with over the pills) weather (which is still bad enough, but in a very different way); but I've seen other people having bad experiences and it really cannot have been at all nice for them.

Hehe. The speed I once upon a time sold (well, back in the early-mid '90s to speak plainly) was good enough that seasoned speed freaks refused to buy it (technically asked me to pre-cut it for them) cos it was too intense for them. I worked my way up from there... hence aforementioned "issues" :|

This guy always had a penchant for mixing guns and psychedelics.

So how vivid can these shadow people on stims actually get? When people see them lurking in the shadows, do they gradually get more and more brazen up until you can see fully fledged 'people' doing stuff?

Hehe. The speed I once upon a time sold (well, back in the early-mid '90s to speak plainly) was good enough that seasoned speed freaks refused to buy it (technically asked me to pre-cut it for them) cos it was too intense for them. I worked my way up from there... hence aforementioned "issues" :|

I wish I had known you then... :)

^ Not even kidding, fella. Pure amphetamine oil was my beginning product... it sold out quickly each week for obvious reasons ;)

PS: Before the chemistry bods chime in - we cut said oil with glucose and stored it in a freezer which stabilised it for just long enough to sell out... or use it all =D

This guy always had a penchant for mixing guns and psychedelics.

So how vivid can these shadow people on stims actually get? When people see them lurking in the shadows, do they gradually get more and more brazen up until you can see fully fledged 'people' doing stuff?

Nope. They simply bury themselves into your brain. In a way that is essentially impossible to convey to anybody that has never experienced it. Yeah, I know how tritefully meh that sounds... but the fundamental point is that no sane person can ever understand the experience of psychosis until the point that they do and so can never forget it. The object of the game is to never reach that point ;)

I do agree with you Sham. Stimulants will indeed send pretty much everyone over the edge given enough sleep deprivation. Psychs are a different kettle of fish. For me they are no problem. Never had a bad trip but witnessed my share and fuck they dont look pleasant. I think if you are comfortable with yourself, your actions and have the ability to let go psychedelics will treat you well.

^ Not even kidding, fella. Pure amphetamine oil was my beginning product... it sold out quickly each week for obvious reasons ;)

PS: Before the chemistry bods chime in - we cut said oil with glucose and stored it in a freezer which stabilised it for just long enough to sell out... or use it all =D

Nope. They simply bury themselves into your brain. In a way that is essentially impossible to convey to anybody that has never experienced it. Yeah, I know how tritefully meh that sounds... but the fundamental point is that no sane person can ever understand the experience of psychosis until the point that they do and so can never forget it. The object of the game is to never reach that point ;)

That kind of speed was very common here for years. Basically meth oil cut with glucose called Base. It was sold by the point and a point would last a long fucking time if it was top notch. I can still occasionally get it but basically all meth here now gets crystalised.

When I was seeing this shit they would wander aound my house in the bushes when I would be outdoors to staring in the front window. They came across as having pale mascara faces, ski masks with white imprinted on the faces, hands and arms waiving to me to come out. Really weird and scary facial features. I would see these lads in the trees swinging in the bushes and fields running around that I tried running after but never could catch up and then when night came and I would start to hear voices. I was scared beyond imaginable uncontrollable shaking with fear and paranoia that these folks wanted to abduct and kill me. I know its mad and crazy but I was in a state that was shocking to family and friends. I was'nt in a great mental space for a long while and when when I'd be on the gear well that was'nt helping me and yea I use to wonder how people could fall into such states honestly but hey I found out too. I guess I went tumbling down the rabbit hole to a point.

Don't know about dissociatives and psychedelics ALWAYS being a bad combination. Probably saved my ass at one point, from PTSD. Or rather, made for a tool with which to do the work needed to do so. (using a combination of long, solo hikes in a favourite woodland, whilst on a combination of higher dose AMT and MXE at a relatively low level, the latter to permit a kind of psychological separation from things gone over, and dispassionate analysis)