• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Gnostic Christianity MEGATHREAD

Only if you even attempt to speak of why you are a genocidal God

I am not a genocidal God, which Ive never been accused of being, I dont know why you would insist I would say I was, Im human, lower than God, who is higher than us in every way.

Last edited:
Satan rebelled against God, he attempted to sway Christ from His purpose, and since I align with Christ, and reject satan as morally reprehensible, saying that I have satanic morals is not only incorrect, but impossible.

But why do you think any of that actually happened? Seems very highly unlikely if you ask me.

But why do you think any of that actually happened? Seems very highly unlikely if you ask me.

I believe the criteria for belief regarding the bible has been met by the evidences presented to me. No one ever proved anything to me, but I believe the evidence is enough to warrant belief, so I believe the stories about satan being a morally reprehensible figure who actively undermines and attempts to dissuade Gods followers is true as well.

Why do you think its unlikely? its not falsifiable, so how did you come to that conclusion?

I believe the criteria for belief regarding the bible has been met by the evidences presented to me. No one ever proved anything to me, but I believe the evidence is enough to warrant belief, so I believe the stories about satan being a morally reprehensible figure who actively undermines and attempts to dissuade Gods followers is true as well.

Why do you think its unlikely? its not falsifiable, so how did you come to that conclusion?
What "evidence"? There's absolutely no empirical evidence supporting anything in the Bible. And why do I think it's super unlikely? Well, alot of it goes completely against all the scientific facts we've discovered.

What "evidence"? There's absolutely no empirical evidence supporting anything in the Bible. And why do I think it's super unlikely? Well, alot of it goes completely against all the scientific facts we've discovered.

What are you talking about? No empirical evidence of what?

How is something supernatural, unlikely? Scientifically speaking its not falsifiable, meaning if even if it is true, science cant prove it.. But yet somehow youve determined that something that cant even be tested for likelihood is somehow 'unlikely'... Can you imagine if scientific inquiry was done like that.. "Well bob, I couldnt actually test to see if it was true, but Im gonna slap a big ole fat 'unlikely' on it anyways."

How did you defy scientific inquiry and do something no human has been able to do within the scientific community... because you sir are about to be very very wealthy...

What are you talking about? No empirical evidence of what?

How is something supernatural, unlikely? Scientifically speaking its not falsifiable, meaning if even if it is true, science cant prove it.. But yet somehow youve determined that something that cant even be tested for likelihood is somehow 'unlikely'... Can you imagine if scientific inquiry was done like that.. "Well bob, I couldnt actually test to see if it was true, but Im gonna slap a big ole fat 'unlikely' on it anyways."

How did you defy scientific inquiry and do something no human has been able to do within the scientific community... because you sir are about to be very very wealthy...

Well it seems you have things very backwards. I don't have to prove anything as false. The onus of proof is on the one claiming something to be true. As far as evidence you said something about based on the evidence presented to you, you believe the Bible to be true, I simply stated the fact that there isn't any empirical evidence supporting the Bible's version of things.

Well it seems you have things very backwards. I don't have to prove anything as false. The onus of proof is on the one claiming something to be true.

You havent disagreed with me yet, and I never said I could prove anything to you...

You just came in here talking about how unlikely it was, but you cant ascribe a likelyhood to something that cant be tested. Scientific inquiry is a natural philosophy, but you are making it seem like you can use natural philosophy to test supernatural theory, which isnt possible..

How did you come to your conclusion, and please, dont shift this on to me, clear up what you are wanting to know, and how you came to these conclusions..

I simply stated the fact that there isn't any empirical evidence supporting the Bible's version of things.

So there is no evidence of Cyrus of Persia? Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon? Antiochus? Pontius Pilate? Tiberius Augustus? Xerxes of Persia? The conquest of the Grecian empire? Are you gonna tell me next that the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem never existed?

Have you actually read the bible, or are you dogmatically refusing to acknowledge how much truth that has already been proven, empirically I might add..

Care to walk back your statements because Im seriously trying to avoid embarrassing you right now but you arent making it easy...

Jesus picked his nose.
Is that at least one thing we can all agree on?

So there is no evidence of Cyrus of Persia? Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon? Antiochus? Pontius Pilate? Tiberius Augustus? Xerxes of Persia? The conquest of the Grecian empire? Are you gonna tell me next that the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem never existed?

Have you actually read the bible, or are you dogmatically refusing to acknowledge how much truth that has already been proven, empirically I might add..

Care to walk back your statements because Im seriously trying to avoid embarrassing you right now but you arent making it easy...

I was speaking more to the ridiculous stories of creation, noah's ark,etc. I realize some of the people and places actually existed, doesn't make the whole thing any more plausible.

You havent disagreed with me yet, and I never said I could prove anything to you...

You just came in here talking about how unlikely it was, but you cant ascribe a likelyhood to something that cant be tested. Scientific inquiry is a natural philosophy, but you are making it seem like you can use natural philosophy to test supernatural theory, which isnt possible..

How did you come to your conclusion, and please, dont shift this on to me, clear up what you are wanting to know, and how you came to these conclusions..

There is no "supernatural theory", to be considered a theory, there has to be some evidence backing it up.

There is no "supernatural theory", to be considered a theory, there has to be some evidence backing it up.

What proof or evidence of God do you need? I know you wont answer that, but the question is there if you want to try..

I was speaking more to the ridiculous stories of creation, noah's ark,etc. I realize some of the people and places actually existed, doesn't make the whole thing any more plausible.

Ok, so you admit there are things in the bible that we can prove empirically. Just so everyone is clear you are in fact backpeddling on your original statement where you said, and I quote..."I simply stated the fact that there isn't any empirical evidence supporting the Bible's version of things."

I like how you word everything to make it seem like its something its not. For example, you say "I realize 'some' of the people in the bible existed' when in reality, you cant show me one person in the bible who didnt exist, you literally have nothing to offer the class, but you come in here making absolutist statements about stuff you have absolutely no clue about.

I bet you havent even studied out the evidence for creation, and if you said you did that would be interesting because I would love pick your brain.. See, I used to take the biased mainstream 'science only' approach, but then I started looking at other evidence, just to make sure I wasnt missing something.. I went back to the debates where I wrote off the Christian proponents even before the debate began and started listening to what they were saying.. You have a one sided view because youve only investigated one side, but you lack a complete picture because you feel somehow that science and God are mutually exclusive, when that is a lie.. Science gets things wrong all the time, and it changes to adapt.. God is never wrong, God is never changing and truth is something that isnt malleable..

Nah, your issue isnt that you want evidence you arent willing to search out the evidence we already have, thats just intellectual laziness, bias and dogma at its finest.

You wanna go after people for their beliefs but you cant even support the beliefs you have yourself.

Im just saying that you represent the 'fringe of the fringe' in Christian theology, and I think you have no credibility. I also think your beliefs are entirely false.. So I could let you spin your wheels I suppose, but it would be like me wasting time to have someone convince me of unicorns, its just not gonna happen.

Your job is to attempt to sway me from the truth, but you are gonna have to find a christian who is far less grounded for that, my loyalty is to Jesus Christ, our Lord, Savior, Creator, and God. Id die before I denied Him..

I was just asking you a question, I think you confused me with Gnostic Bishop.

Please f*ck off with that religion bullsh*t!!!!!

Thank you, and goodnight

he reason this tizzy isn't going anywhere is because each of you believes the other has become corrupted by Satan's deception, and because of this judgement, both of you sound clouded by the pride of your beliefs and the investments of your emotions. Part of being humble is admitting we do not know an absolute up from down, and in this debate one of your ups is the other's down. Maybe the real truth is somewhere in the middle? Maybe through the divisions of Christianity is where Satan hides, and if that is the case both of you are eating right of his red hand. Suspend your deeply-held views momentarily, release the fear that hearing another perspective will somehow corrupt your religious purity, and then a constructive conversation can happen.

Maybe it would help to start with common beliefs and explore one place where a divergence occurs and why.

he reason this tizzy isn't going anywhere is because each of you believes the other has become corrupted by Satan's deception, and because of this judgement, both of you sound clouded by the pride of your beliefs and the investments of your emotions. Part of being humble is admitting we do not know an absolute up from down, and in this debate one of your ups is the other's down. Maybe the real truth is somewhere in the middle? Maybe through the divisions of Christianity is where Satan hides, and if that is the case both of you are eating right of his red hand. Suspend your deeply-held views momentarily, release the fear that hearing another perspective will somehow corrupt your religious purity, and then a constructive conversation can happen.

Maybe it would help to start with common beliefs and explore one place where a divergence occurs and why.

Without resorting to argumentum ad populem, the facts are that his beliefs represent the most fringe of the fringe, he posts in places like this because there arent many Christians here to hold his feet to the fire.

His positions cant be supported biblically and the picture of Christ that he is attempting to paint is a false one. Is it prideful to state the truth? Nope..

So you are one of those guys, using dishonest philosophical practices to make yourself seem superior.

So lets look at the facts.. I named a few apostles, not all.

I could easily have named them all, it wouldnt matter, I believe all the apostles carry the authority given by Christ.

Instead of trying to win a conversation that hasnt taken place, why not actually try to approach it from a place where you arent on defense so much.. it will get you alot further.

I try to lose such discussions, nit win them. You just dislike that I make you earn your points.
I have a few rules.. I wont resort to ad hom attacks, name calling, philosophical fallacies, and I wont claim anything I cant readily cite.

I can site many things and get biblical quotes for evidence but that does not make things real.

You talk of what you believe of Jesus but those are not facts of Jesus. Like you giving apostles the authority from Jesus. Jesus has not even been proven to have existed so all you have given is the same B S that the church has propagated.

If you can play by those rules, and calm down a little, Id be willing to share what I know with you.

What you know would be good. What you assume or believe from other sources, like what I show above, is just B S.

Without resorting to argumentum ad populem, the facts are that his beliefs represent the most fringe of the fringe, he posts in places like this because there arent many Christians here to hold his feet to the fire.

I seek Christians so that I might correct their view that a genocidal son murderer should be adored.

There are fewer and fewer Christians about because they cannot argue intelligently for their beliefs nor can they justify following their vile God.

His positions cant be supported biblically and the picture of Christ that he is attempting to paint is a false one. Is it prideful to state the truth? Nope..

There is a ton of biblical support as given in the O.P.

You attack the messenger and ignore the message because you know you cannot refute what I put.

It is not prideful to state the truth, but you show your pride by lying about the scriptures.

Regards
DL

Yes, they are.. The very Jesus you claim doesnt exist was prophesied, by Isaiah.. and I have everything in my life to thank because of Him.

So you are such a slug that you have yet to accomplish anything on your own.

And you are proud of that. Wow.

Satan rebelled against God, he attempted to sway Christ from His purpose, and since I align with Christ, and reject satan as morally reprehensible, saying that I have satanic morals is not only incorrect, but impossible.

Why did your omnipotent all knowing God create what he knew would rebel against him?

Do you really think that Satan would try to change the mind of a God which scriptures say never changes his mind?

You follow Yahweh. Let's see if his morals are God-like or Satan-like, --- and whose morals you follow.
Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs youhave done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them,--- is immoral. Right?

So tell us please, who is more likely to see justice in the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty? God or Satan?

I am not a genocidal God, which Ive never been accused of being, I dont know why you would insist I would say I was, Im human, lower than God, who is higher than us in every way.

That was my bad spelling/grammar. You are not a genocidal God, but scriptures say that you are to emulate God which is why you support a genocidal God. Right?

I believe the criteria for belief regarding the bible has been met by the evidences presented to me. No one ever proved anything to me, but I believe the evidence is enough to warrant belief, so I believe the stories about satan being a morally reprehensible figure who actively undermines and attempts to dissuade Gods followers is true as well..

You are quite a literal reader. Should you really trust a book that, if read literally, forces you to believe in talking serpents and donkeys and a water walking God?

Regards
DL