• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Gnostic Christianity MEGATHREAD

Jesus worships the God of the OT, you claim to follow Christ, which means you are either a hypocrite, or a liar, take your pick, but you are internally inconsistent with your own beliefs.

Sources please. This contradicts everything I have ever read in either classical or integrative Christian studies.

Sources please. This contradicts everything I have ever read in either classical or integrative Christian studies.

Assuming we are talking about Jesus of Nazareth, of the New Testament, the Torah keeping Jew from the first century who claimed to be the messiah prophesied by YHVH's prophets, then Ill happily cite the New Testament of the Holy Bible as my source. Jesus quoted YVHV, claimed He was the one and only true God, and taught as a Rabbi. He pointed out the hypocrisy of the Pharisees and their lack of observance of the Torah, which is YHVH's Law, and taught the truth of the mosaic convenant.

How you could possibly have missed this escapes me, considering its taught resolutely by anyone who teaches Christian theology, both at University or seminary.

"Classical or integrative" has no real meaning unless you tell us what you are talking about, considering orthodox Christian theology teaches that Christ observed YHVH as the one true God.

OP. I don't believe in the god referred to in the christian Bible . You mentioned the 10 commandments and Noah so I am assuming that is what you are talking about. LOL I don't follow a religion. I believe in God and creation , and i prefer the term "source" ,so the "GOD" I believe in has NOTHING to do with what you are talking about. Sorry.
NOT EVERYONE BELIEVES IN THE GOD FROM THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE.
So please take this into account.

I like that you do not like the genocidal son murderer Yahweh.

You said you believe, not have faith in, a God. Belief is usually based on facts. Do you have any to share or did you mean you have faith, which some say is belief without facts or evidence. Does you God (tell) you what to do?

I personally believe religions to be bogus. As well as stories in the Bible. I believe in Jesus though. I have connected to him . I think you do too right? Instead of rejecting "god" entirely, if you trust in Jesus, maybe let him know that you cannot except the god you have heard about, ask him to show you who or what God REALLY is. I think it is a mistake and closed minded to reject a loving creator simply because you didnt like the story in the Christian Bible .
Maybe someone else can word that better, but anyway I wish you well in your journey and discovery .
Much love bro....

I like one of the Jesus' in scriptures. Especially the esoteric mystic Jesus who is more Gnostic Christian than Christian. He is not the Rome created wimp that would have us kiss political/Roman a ss.

The Jesus I like frees us from religions and governments while the Roman one just wants brain dead slaves.

See if you can like this Jesus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

Jesus worships the God of the OT, you claim to follow Christ, which means you are either a hypocrite, or a liar, take your pick, but you are internally inconsistent with your own beliefs.

Not so. I just believe parts of the bible you do not use.

Note how these exactly fit my belief, but not yours. You wish for slavery while I wish for freedom.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if thereforethine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man loveme, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come untohim, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinateto be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn amongmany brethren.

These next are just for you.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away thekey of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering inye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through yourtradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Stop hindering thinkers and trying to make them as brain dead as you are. Shed your traditional genocidal son murdering God and grow your morality.

Assuming we are talking about Jesus of Nazareth, of the New Testament, the Torah keeping Jew from the first century who claimed to be the messiah prophesied by YHVH's prophets, then Ill happily cite the New Testament of the Holy Bible as my source. Jesus quoted YVHV, claimed He was the one and only true God, and taught as a Rabbi. He pointed out the hypocrisy of the Pharisees and their lack of observance of the Torah, which is YHVH's Law, and taught the truth of the mosaic convenant.

How you could possibly have missed this escapes me, considering its taught resolutely by anyone who teaches Christian theology, both at University or seminary.

"Classical or integrative" has no real meaning unless you tell us what you are talking about, considering orthodox Christian theology teaches that Christ observed YHVH as the one true God.

Lot's of your B.S. here but where are the quote you said were forthcoming?

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop, considering you are arguing for an entirely fictional 'gnostic jesus' and I am contending for Jesus Christ, the Son of God found in the Holy Scriptures, I don't really have anything to argue about, you already made my point for me, as you reject the Jesus of the Bible in favor of the now historically defunct and thoroughly debunked gnostic version of Jesus which was the entire point of our initial discourse, you could have saved yourself a lot of trouble lol..

Considering you freely admit you believe in a 'different jesus' which I don't subscribe to, the only thing for me to say is, well.. Ill have a coke.

If you have ever had negative thoughts about Yahweh, you are close to a Gnostic Chris

If you have ever had negative thoughts about Yahweh, you areclose to a Gnostic Christian.

You have shown that you can think freely and have a decentmoral sense as compared to Christians and their less than moral sense thatallows them to adore a genocidal God.

John Lennon, “It seems to me that the only true Christianswere the Gnostics,”

In fact, many think that the best Christians are GnosticChristians. Even if you are an atheist, you are likely a better Christian thanmost Christians as their morals have been corrupted by their beliefs enough tohave them adore a vile genocidal God that Gnostic Christians call demiurge. Ina sense, not that she exists, but demiurge is equivalent to Satan.

Please remember that Gnostic Christians so not hold anysupernatural beliefs and religiously speaking, create much more peaceful peoplethan Christians. The Cathars were a good example of this truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ptNcSYo7k4

http://thegodabovegod.com/difference-gnostic-christian/

http://thegodabovegod.com/gnostic/

Are you close to a Gnostic Christian in how you can thinkfreely and morally?

Regards
DL

We felt that your threads were too numerous and similar to warrant separate threads for each. It's been done in this forum for others before as well as in other forums. Do what you have to do, feel free to keep posting ideas in here.

We felt that your threads were too numerous and similar to warrant separate threads for each. It's been done in this forum for others before as well as in other forums. Do what you have to do, feel free to keep posting ideas in here.

Oops. Lost my link.

Gnostic Bishop said:
Oops. Lost my link.

Gnostic Bishop was a rare bird, that's for sure. I might have been one of the few people here who actually wanted to learn more about Gnostic Christianity but the weird threads that went like...

mock GB thread said:
Jesus kills gay people
gay people are happy
therefore Jesus hates happiness and is the demiurge
would you sell your soul to an unhappy God?
etc, etc

kinda got in the way. In attempting to mock Christians and Islamist beliefs he was mocking Gnostic Christianity too because you never knew which Jesus or which God he was talking about. Then you poke him a bit and you realize he actually holds a lot of evolved beliefs about spiritual matters. I don't get it. Oh well, bye GB.

You do know that that basically kills it. Right?

That being the case, I may as well lose my link to your site.

Is that what you want?

Regards
DL

Popular subjects or numerous threads of the same theme get merged into megathreads. It's a way to keep the sub-forums tidy and organized and mods do it all over BL. In your case there were 4-5 threads all talking about different aspects of gnosticism, plus another created after this megathread, and we felt the need to reign it in.

If you don't want to come here anymore that's your choice but we won't be changing the policy. In the future, you would also gain more traction with the mods if you sent your complaints by PM rather than derailing a thread to do it. Cheers.

I cannot accept that God is greater than man because I think we have created all the Gods.

So there's a few things wrong with this.

I) Just because I see a lemon and then assign the word lemon to the Object of thought does not mean I created neither the meaning for the word or that the word became flesh through authoritative interpretation of said meaning. You must first acknowledge that before there was word there was absolute nothingness for which we can neither understand or ascribe meaning which doesn't mean we cannot name it.

II) If you're into the whole, "As above so Below" what you're saying is that since I am Man I can not accept a greater attribute or cause of myself. Again to reiterate what you're saying is that I cannot aspire to be better because the terms of what constitutes 'better' is a quibble between God and Man.

III) Also from personal experience I can say God is a prick but what I lack in kindness or in Grace I can also say that the prick gets the job done well enough.

Last edited:
God loved the world. He only needed one son to pay for our sins. Jesus lived as one of us so he could see the world through human eyes. He paid our debt. We are not worthy to live in god's perfect grace because we chose to turn away from him from the beginning. We are all sinners and there is no room for sin in heaven. If he made us perfect then we wouldn't have choice. He created us to be with him. To love and worship him. How can you love someone without choosing to. So he made alot of us so those who believe in him will have ever lasting life with him. Those who do not will burn up in the lake of fire and face their death. He is sad that this is what we chose but its the only way to have our true love. He doesnt want slaves. He wants the love that he has given us to come back to him. He already has angels. We are his most loved creation.

God loved the world. He only needed one son to pay for our sins. Jesus lived as one of us so he could see the world through human eyes. He paid our debt. We are not worthy to live in god's perfect grace because we chose to turn away from him from the beginning. We are all sinners and there is no room for sin in heaven. If he made us perfect then we wouldn't have choice. He created us to be with him. To love and worship him. How can you love someone without choosing to. So he made alot of us so those who believe in him will have ever lasting life with him. Those who do not will burn up in the lake of fire and face their death. He is sad that this is what we chose but its the only way to have our true love. He doesnt want slaves. He wants the love that he has given us to come back to him. He already has angels. We are his most loved creation.

Because what do you do when you love somebody? You threaten them with eternal damnation, unless they do exactly what they are told! Sorry, but what you are describing sounds more like the position of a house slave who gets to live in relative comfort because he's learned to always say 'please' and 'thank you'. If I am really not worthy of him (by his design, mind you), then he is not worthy of me either.

And how did he 'pay' for our sins anyway? It's not like it cost him anything. Reminds me of landlord that finally drops a bogus claim and then expects gratitude for that.

He went to hell for 1000 yrs. He created us to love him. He was alone. The only way for us to choose him is to have a choice. Its like purifying gold. When you extract gold from the ground it is not pure. By burning away the conatiminates you end up with pure gold. So he let us choose. We can be gold or contaminates. If we choose to be contaminates then we must be burned away to allow humanity to be pure. If you create something that is not what you wanted it to be then you have the right to destroy it. He wants us to be holy and pure but gave us the option to do what we want. If we do whatever we want without regard for him then we will die. If we choose to live with him then we will live forever because through him we have been made worthy. I don't know why he chose to pay our price in hell. I don't know why he did anything really. But i am a simple human. He knows all. Time is a human illusion. You have the right to believe what you want. I hope you decide to have a better attitude towards him and give his love a chance. All you have to do is stop trying to out think him. Be honest with yourself as to what the hole in your life is. It is god. If you really look for answers and actually read the bible a few times and pray for understanding then you will start to see a bigger picture than just doing what you want. He is no landlord. He is our master and creator. We were made for one thing. To worship god. If we choose not to then what use are we?

The problem is that once you have given someone an incentive to love you, you have made it impossible for them to love sincerely. It reminds me of my grandmother who used to hand me some money whenever I saw her and then immediately said "But you could really visit me more often". Of course I did visit her every now and then, but that way neither of us ever really knew if I would have done so without the money and that little doubt always stays in the back of your mind. Real love is something that you "do" just because... So if god really loves us, then he will place no conditions on that love.

Btw you seem awfully sure about what god wants. You couldn't possibly be mistaken? I mean your just "a simple human" right? ;)

I could easily be mistaken. Just giving my take. He can still love us and erase us if we choose to be a waste. Without choice we would just be drones. Parents punish children they love and sometimes have to cut them off if they are using the parents love to enable their own demise. Especially if that child is taking their other kids down with them. Love is tough. Not all roses and sunshine. If something you love is destroying the others that you love then sometimes you have to solve the problem the hard way. When we go against god and lead others in the same direction. We are the problem.

I could easily be mistaken. Just giving my take.
Great, me too. :) I find it shocking how many people have trouble admitting that.

He can still love us and erase us if we choose to be a waste. Without choice we would just be drones. Parents punish children they love and sometimes have to cut them off if they are using the parents love to enable their own demise. Especially if that child is taking their other kids down with them. Love is tough. Not all roses and sunshine. If something you love is destroying the others that you love then sometimes you have to solve the problem the hard way. When we go against god and lead others in the same direction.
Do you mean that "This will hurt me more than it will hurt you" kind of love that is held up as an excuse for corporal punishment of children? Yeah I have heard that before. And no that is not love, that is what we call violence.

We are the problem.
Well, that's a self fulfilling prophecy if I have ever seen one!