• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Gnostic Christianity MEGATHREAD

You and billions of others. :| In truth, you should thank the Jews. Didn't Jesus's death open the gates of paradise? Wasn't he sent down to die, by god, his own father? How can anyone be blamed for doing gods will?

More theology that really makes no sense when examined.

We don't view it as being thankful to the Jews, rather, we are thankful to God for His redemptive plan of salvation. The Jews are responsible for Christs death, but Christians understand why this happened, and the Jews who did understand who Christ was are the Christian founders, appointed by Christ. Christianity was literally given to us by those Jews who understood, and the Gospel was to be taken beyond Judaism to the rest of the world, so that salvation would be carried to the world, this began in the first century and continues to this day.

Of the Jews it is written:

Rom 11:28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs.

We don't view it as being thankful to the Jews, rather, we are thankful to God for His redemptive plan of salvation.

Do you also thank God for condemning the whole world unjustly and having to use a barbaric human sacrifice to reverse his faulty judgement?

The Jews are responsible for Christs death,

That is a lie if you believe your bible.
1Peter 1:20 0 Hewas chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these lasttimes for your sake.

Note how God decided to kill Jesus as the Jews did not even exist at that point in time.

Regards
DL

It does make sense to the intelligent.

That is what is important.

You might want to read a scholar or two. Elaine Pagels would be a good place for you to start.

Regards
DL

Can you accept that Man is greater than God?

We can reproduce true. God cannot.
We can have many children. God cannot.
We place the lives of our wives and families above our own.God does not.
We would cure instead of kill. God kills.
We do not torture babies. God does.
We believe in freedom. God does not.
Jesus does which is why he took the judgement seat from HisFather.

You can continue to adore a God inferior to you, bothintellectually and morally, or become a Gnostic Christian or Karaite Jew likeJesus was. Jesus the Good as the Chrestians used to call him beforeChristianity reared it’s ugly head by reading their myths literally and embracetheir God of War.

Islam would be a better religion today if that had notforced Mohammad to change from a loving God to a God or War so as to fight firewith fire. Thanks Christians for Islam. Pardon the digression.

Jesus shows the way with his advice to seek God by closetingyourself. Are you ready to follow Jesus or will you stick with your lyingpriests, preachers, Rabbi’s and Imams?

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if thereforethine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man loveme, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come untohim, and make our abode with him.
Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also didpredestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be thefirstborn among many brethren.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

Regards
DL

No! This is a ridiculous statement IMO. Are you talking about Yahweh and assuming we all think that's what God is? Let me ask you, do you believe this statement yourself? How do you define God if that is the case?

I don't know, can you accept that God is greater than Man? My psychiatrist says I have such a huge super-ego that I feel that I am not fit to carry his lunch. Or something.

That is a lie if you believe your bible.
1Peter 1:20 0 Hewas chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these lasttimes for your sake.

Note how God decided to kill Jesus as the Jews did not even exist at that point in time.

Regards
DL

Hence the foreknown redemptive plan of salvation, and Jesus fulfilled this.

I think you'd be good at journalism in today's media climate, GB.

Yompf, you have exceeded you private message quota. Nobody can send you pm's till you figure out how to delete old messages and make room. You can download old messages into a text file before deleting.

We do not torture babies. God does.

Some people are sadistic fucks and like to torture babies too. Does that make them more Godlike?

OP , I have a hard time believing that anyone anywhere accepts this.

Jesus served the God of the OT, the very God the OP is claiming is inferior to man, the op's argument is internally inconsistent. Moreover, he rejects Christs own words, but claims to believe what Jesus teaches.

fail.

Can you accept that God is greater than Man?
We are vain and mortal, God is not.
We multiply and spread like a disease, God does not.
We are swayed by emotion over reason, God is not.
We are the most violent and self-destructive species to live on this planet, God is not.
We manufacture and willingly believe in lies, God does not.

Do I have what it takes to be a braindead forum bot?

Which commandments do you think are superior; Yahweh’s or Gnostic Christianity’s?

Which commandments do you think are superior; Yahweh’s or Gnostic Christianity’s?

You may use whatever set of commandments you think Yahweh gave. There are a number of renditions.

As for the Gnostic commandments, I offer the following.

1. You shall place no commandments above these unless proven to be morally superior.
2. You shall value all people as equal before the law. The inequality of outcome is punishment enough of itself.
3. You shall live by the golden rule and respond with reciprocity of harm or care to what is done to you.
4. Use Gnosis and put logic and reason and their proofs above faith, which by its nature has no proofs, logic or reason.
5. You shall leave the environment in a better condition than what is given to you as an inheritance to your next generation.
6. You shall not impoverish the next generation and live according to the means you produce as their labor and wealth is theirs and not yours to squander.

Gnostic Christianity and free thinking lost the God wars when the Orthodox Church decimated us and burned most of our scriptures. I think that Gnostic Christians had a superior set of commandments then as well as now. Those commandments were not only meant for seekers after a God but also a guide to secular law. Both secular law and Christianity seemed to ignore the second commandment of equality till our modern era. As a Gnostic Christian, I ask (rhetorically), what took the world so long to catch up to Gnostic Christian thinking and what is Islam and other backwards thinking people waiting for.

Many have a problem with the 10 commandments given by Yahweh so I thought I would see if there is a consensus of thought on the Gnostic Christian ideology as compared to the Christian ideology. The main complaints I see are that Yahweh’s commandments have created a Christian ideology that denies gays and women equality. I think all souls to be created equal and thus deserving of equal human statue and citizenship.

Others as seen in these two link have their own views and I would add that I think Yahweh’s no divorce policy, --- which Jesus confirms. --- and Yahweh’s policy of accepting bribes, ransoms or sacrifices (these are all analogue) to alter his usual and moral policy punishing the guilty and not the innocent, --- to the immoral policy of punishing the innocent instead of the guilty, as exemplified by his accepting Jesus as a sacrifice to save sinners whom God himself created to be sinners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u3z69YpLx0#t=100

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUfGRN4HVrQ

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Regards
DL

No! This is a ridiculous statement IMO. Are you talking about Yahweh and assuming we all think that's what God is? Let me ask you, do you believe this statement yourself? How do you define God if that is the case?

I define God as the best rules and laws to live life by. We cannot follow any absentee God and even if a God did pop up, all we can follow is his rules and laws.

You call my statement for the absentee God ridiculous yet just believing in Yahweh is a ridiculous position and following him is even more so given that that prick is a genocidal son murderer if, we are to literally believe the Christian myth.

I don't know, can you accept that God is greater than Man? My psychiatrist says I have such a huge super-ego that I feel that I am not fit to carry his lunch. Or something.

I cannot accept that God is greater than man because I think we have created all the Gods.

........I'm curious as to how you define God as well.

As a mythical human construct but do see above.

I think you'd be good at journalism in today's media climate, GB.

Yes. I agree. A bit of truth, logic and reason would be good.

Some people are sadistic fucks and like to torture babies too. Does that make them more Godlike?

That would depend on the God you have in mind so you have to tell me.

Do you believe the stories in the bible that do show God as an evil prick?

OP , I have a hard time believing that anyone anywhere accepts this.

All who do not believe in a supernatural God must. To them, God is just another human construct and those are inferior to living people.

Jesus served the God of the OT,

So you see God serving himself when Jesus himself, in your myth, says he is serving man.

It surprises me how little of your own bible you believe.
the very God the OP is claiming is inferior to man, the op's argument is internally inconsistent.

So you say without an argument showing the inconsistency. Typical denier garbage.

Moreover, he rejects Christs own words, but claims to believe what Jesus teaches.

fail.

Which words? You make all these empty charges and expect to be believed do you. Do you think those here to be that stupid.

Can you accept that God is greater than Man?

Not till he earns it and absentee Gods cannot earn anything.

We are vain and mortal, God is not.

Read the first 3 commandments as they show otherwise.
We multiply and spread like a disease, God does not.

Correct. We have that ability while God does not.

We are swayed by emotion over reason, God is not.

It is our thinking and reason that guides our emotions. You have it backwards.

We are the most violent and self-destructive species to live on this planet, God is not.

Those around in Noah's day will definitely disagree.

Dinosaurs might not agree either, but then again, neither you or I know how the lower animals think. You seem to be closer to their level thought.

We manufacture and willingly believe in lies, God does not.

Your God is the father of lies.

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth ofthese thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
1Kings 22:23

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth ofthese thy prophets.
2 Chron 18:22

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.

Jer 4:10

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord havedeceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believea lie.
Thessalonians 2:11

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. - Jeremiah 20:7

To me, God’s worse lie was toAdam and Eve. He told them they could eat of the tree of life and then renegedand in a real sense murdered them by denying them a remedy.

That pesky God sure works in mysterious ways.

Regards
DL

Do I have what it takes to be a braindead forum bot?

Regards
DL

Hence the foreknown redemptive plan of salvation, and Jesus fulfilled this.

Only to those foolish enough to think that God is such a prick that he would have his son murdered to forgive us instead of just forgiving us outright.

I guess that includes you.

Regards
DL

OP. I don't believe in the god referred to in the christian Bible . You mentioned the 10 commandments and Noah so I am assuming that is what you are talking about. LOL I don't follow a religion. I believe in God and creation , and i prefer the term "source" ,so the "GOD" I believe in has NOTHING to do with what you are talking about. Sorry.
NOT EVERYONE BELIEVES IN THE GOD FROM THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE.
So please take this into account.

I personally believe religions to be bogus. As well as stories in the Bible. I believe in Jesus though. I have connected to him . I think you do too right? Instead of rejecting "god" entirely, if you trust in Jesus, maybe let him know that you cannot except the god you have heard about, ask him to show you who or what God REALLY is. I think it is a mistake and closed minded to reject a loving creator simply because you didnt like the story in the Christian Bible .
Maybe someone else can word that better, but anyway I wish you well in your journey and discovery .
Much love bro....

Because there are so many threads taking place on this topic, all past and future content for discussion will go here!

Only to those foolish enough to think that God is such a prick that he would have his son murdered to forgive us instead of just forgiving us outright.

I guess that includes you.

Regards
DL

Jesus worships the God of the OT, you claim to follow Christ, which means you are either a hypocrite, or a liar, take your pick, but you are internally inconsistent with your own beliefs.