• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Glaucine

What about making the methoxy groups into MDO's?

What about making the methoxy groups into MDO's? How about putting another methoxy on there next to the other ones? What I am seeing is some phenethylamines that are hiding in there that can be modified quite a bit. Maybe now I am finally understanding what shulgin saw in the isoquinolines or maybe I am pulling it all out of my ass but it seems like you can play with this a bit.

WOW this is very interesting, looked into previous post more and found Nantenine, "Nantenine is an alkaloid found in the plant Nandina domestica[1] as well as some Corydalis species.[2] It is an antagonist at both the α1 adrenergic receptor[3] and the 5-HT2A serotonin receptor,[4] and blocks both the behavioural and physiological effects of MDMA in animals.[5]"

The only difference is that the 'right' methoxy groups are MDO instead, I haven't looked into related structure of these in a while, anyone have input on this, seem to be very unique but confusing.

I love looking back on a thread from almost 9 years ago and seeing my semi-dumb ideas, I am going to give glaucine a try again I think.

I love looking back on a thread from almost 9 years ago and seeing my semi-dumb ideas, I am going to give glaucine a try again I think.
Honestly I'm quite interested in getting glaucine (and matrine). I can find the last one in pure form but I couldn't find glaucine in small amounts in Europe, so probably I will just try to find the seeds of glaucium flavium and the dry herb to try in a tea or toss n-wash powderized form...

I suggest it's a masking agent, one way or another. It doesn't share the same MW as DPP but I don't know about retention times. But could someone claim glaucine to be the active and DPP merely an excipient? I don't know about European law but I've seen all manner of schemes to bypass the law. Methylone was sold as an air freshener i.e. non-consumable. That's one way. Maybe this is another?

But I HAVE noted that governments do not rush to ban a compound if no harm is observed. That is why pyrazolam was chosen as the first RC benzo. U47700 was supposed to be presented as pills to make it safer.... but someone got hold of the idea and sold powder.

Believe me, drug law is reactive. If people are not dying or ending up in the ER, that drug is not high priority.

The corydalis yanhusuo plant I mentioned in this thread (post #12) also contains glaucine according to several publications, but it's difficult to know if there's enough of it by dry mass for the other alkaloids to not cause harmful effects at that dose level. None of the amines in the plant seem to contain phenolic hydroxyl groups, so you can't extract only some of those with A/B extraction.

Honestly I'm quite interested in getting glaucine (and matrine). I can find the last one in pure form but I couldn't find glaucine in small amounts in Europe, so probably I will just try to find the seeds of glaucium flavium and the dry herb to try in a tea or toss n-wash powderized form...

got 1g once from ebay, i believe from france. but its not worth it...

I can get 50mg tablets of Glaucine from the pharmacy in Iceland.
I've never taken a recreational dose but there is nothing superior at stopping a cough....this stuff is vastly superior to DXM as a cough suppressant.
I am curious to try a much larger dose though....

dont. a little too much and you run around feeling restless. no nice bodyload either.
absolutely not. a high dose will just floor you, body heavily sedetive, mind much less. Visuals are minor but reality looks sharper.

absolutely not.

then maybe you took way more than me. i had a usual dose that was nothing special, took more and got restless. thats what others also reported. from these plant based dopamin ligands only tetrahydropalmatine seems useful.

then maybe you took way more than me. i had a usual dose that was nothing special, took more and got restless. thats what others also reported. from these plant based dopamin ligands only tetrahydropalmatine seems useful.
glaucine is more an opiate-mimic with slight hallucinations, because of it cellulair calcium blocking properties it induces lethargy...not restlessness.... but hey everybody reacts differently to different drugs.
Here in dutch smartshops it was (is) sold with a small amount of caffeine...to combat the fatigue a bit..

but hey everybody reacts differently to different drugs.

True. But as said, I found an exactly same report on glaucine when dosed higher. Had no use for this stuff all in all.

Glaucine has recently shown up in some legal highs (one of the LU Doves type products has it with diphenylprolinol IIRC).

It's been say to produce visual effects- but it looks like a dopamine agonist or antagonist. It doesn't seem to produce massive puking, and I think if it were a DA antagonist it'd block any visual effects.

Is there anything known about how it produces it's effect? I know it has the 3,4-DMA skeleton in it, but that seems irrelevant considering the number of other aporphines that do and don't have this effect.

I've been trying atherospermidine and nuciferine a bit lately, but haven't had any effects like have been described with glaucine.

Any ideas?
Ik this is old, but S-Glaucine agonizes all 3 partial subtypes of 5ht2(a,c,b)

I can get 50mg tablets of Glaucine from the pharmacy in Iceland.
I've never taken a recreational dose but there is nothing superior at stopping a cough....this stuff is vastly superior to DXM as a cough suppressant.
I am curious to try a much larger dose though....

then maybe you took way more than me. i had a usual dose that was nothing special, took more and got restless. thats what others also reported. from these plant based dopamine ligands only tetrahydropalmatine seems useful.
There's a significant problem with reports here, because I've heard much of European pharmaceutical stock is pure R-Glaucine, and the interesting effects are from S-Glaucine. I'm guessing at least some smartshop/headshop extracts are the racemic mixture that would come from a straightforward extraction of "yellow horned poppy", glaucium flavum. There's also apparently a US source that's >$50 a gram. Can I rant here about people who repeatedly say things like "absolutely not" "dont. a little too much and..." when they neglect to give type, purity and other factors? I have no trouble believing someone got nothing from, literally, cough medicine. But,"S-Glaucine agonizes all 3 partial subtypes of 5ht2(a,c,b)" that's interesting. Please note where you got your glaucine, because not all glaucine is the same!