• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Girlfriend wants me to quit using bluelight

If this chick is worth doing whatever it takes to keep her, then do that. I would stop doing whatever I was doing for the right girl in a second.
BUT if you decide to quit drugs tell her the truth, you need this place as a tool to help your recovery and show her what is here for you that will help you. It might even help HER help you.
A sober person and an addict are oil and water

Regardless of whether she has deep seated control issues, I also might have some underlying issues that I am not aware of...so it's hard for me to judge her for something like that. But to answer your question, her father was an alcoholic who died while she was young. She was raised by her mother and many siblings, all of whom are educated and went to school or married. So although i'm sure there are some underlying issues, she had a strong mother figure in her life...albeit, she was/is very dominating and controlling and calls her daughter on an almost daily basis. My girlfriend is herself concerned to some extent about this, and realizes her mother is quite controlling.

This is true, we all do have something… some try to make up for loss of a parental figure in current relationships. There is nothing wrong with this it happens all the time, and is okay it's just how the dynamic might reveal itself in the relationship. I mean no judgment…
Also, even if her mom is controlling that's great she is aware of this and might work on dealing with it in healthy ways.

Guess bottom line, is doing what is best for you… In doing this the relationship might work, but basing a decision on what's best for another doesn't work as well as what's best for you. You seem to understand this from your post though.
Taking care of oneself ime is the best way to go, as it helps the other person and relationship overall…. regardless. :)
Really wonderful you have a partner and want to let go of some current vices. I let go of the mind altering vice first then quit smoking later. But that's just my experience, guess it could work either way.
Sending you much love and light moving forward … <3