❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Girlfriend hanging out with other guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovenbakedskittles

Bluelighter
Hi... im pretty young and dont know much about relationships but iv been with my girlfriend for a year now and she just told me last nite that shes going to be hanging out with her coworkers soon who are both guys

theyre not bad news or anything and theyre not trying to hit on her or anything like that... one of them has a daughter...

i just dont like the fact that she wants to hang out with guys other than me and i got upset with her last nite and she explained that ther was nothing special about them and that im the one she wants to be with... but i still feel jealous... i told her she can do what she wants... im just letting her know how i feel about it...

i want to know your opinion on this please... is it okay for a boyfriend/girlfriend to hang out with other girls/guys?? am i overreacting? she said that shes gonna have more guy friends in the future and that i have to deal with it but that just made me more mad

i think it's ok and i think you're overreacting. but you're you and not me.

why don't you like her hanging with others? she's supposed to only ever hang out with you at all times?

with respect, this is all about you and not about her.

alasdair

It's cool bro. She said she only wants to be with u and they're just coworkers. I know ur pissed, I used to be that way too but that's just how the world works. Try not to get mad at her about it cause u just may lose her for being too possessive. I've been where ur at and I know it's just gnawing away at u but this is gonna happen for the rest if ur life. Every girl u date is gonna have guy friends, it's the ones that don't tell u about them u should watch out for. She's being upfront and honest so I wouldn't worry much bro.

With the greatest respect and honestly no offence intended - why are you being such a little bitch, dude? Firstly you telling her was a mistake, there's no way to say that without coming across as possessive, needy, jealous & whiny, because that's exactly what it is. IME there's no faster way to lose a girl's interest than acting like a bitch, and I don't blame them. They want a real man, a secure emotional rock, someone who they can feel safe with because he's confident & self-assured. You start talking to her about your feelings being hurt by her wanting to see other guys destroys all that, and you turn into a needy little boy.

Not only is that needy & whiny in itself, but the implications of what you're saying are also gonna turn her off. It would be different if this was an ex she was hanging out with, or the guy had a reputation as a player or whatever, but these are just normal co-workers by your own admission. Do you know how insecure that makes you sound? The implication is that if you don't keep her under lock & key she will suddenly fall for somebody else. As if she's not into you for your positive characteristics, but merely because you happen to be available and in front of her, and the minute that she hangs out with other guys she's going to realize that you suck and that you'd tricked her into dating you, and she will be sucking her co-worker's dick while the other one pounds her ass within minutes. Do you see how this is all implied in your jealous whiny implicit accusations? If you were confident in yourself & secure in the knowledge of her attraction to you, you would have no reason to be jealous. You'd be happy that those guys had warmed her up for you, doing the talking and the joking so she comes back and has sex with you. Instead, you're upset and jealous, and it must be an enormous turn-off for her.

I mean, this would be different even if she was going to hang out with one of them, that could then be easily construed as a kind of date situation, and your response would be a little (not totally, by all means) more justified, and the same if one of them bought their date/girlfriend/partner and the other guy was single. But holy shit man, she's going to hang out with two co-workers who just happen to be guys, it's a really innocuous situation and the fact that its upset you shows your insecurity and paranoia. If you keep acting clingy & possessive you're gonna lose this girl, mark my words, her telling you that she will have more guy friends in the future was her trying to explain that you should BE A MAN, and accept it. You clearly care about this girl, else none of this would have bothered you in the first place, and I think the best way you can hold onto her is by working on yourself and gaining confidence. If you become happier with yourself and are self-assured that you're a catch, you're less likely to get all jealous and weird and insecure when your girlfriend wants to hang out with other people. This is a much more constructive way of keeping your girlfriend interested in you - improve yourself, make yourself happier and she'll want to be around you & stay drawn to you. Getting upset & jealous that she's hanging out with others and getting possessive and trying to keep her boxed in with you will just repel her and have the opposite effect of what you want.

So you fucked up majorly here, but I don't think it can't be salvaged. As soon as possible you should apologize (once, not profusely) and tell her when you thought about it afterwards you realized that it totally wasn't a big deal at all, and that you don't know what got into you, that your negative emotions weren't really anything to do with what she was doing and that you just had a bad day. That you realize what you were saying was ridiculous and that that isn't how you feel. That should hopefully nullify the damage that you've already done. Finally, do you have any female friends? If you don't, you should, so go and make some. Don't make it obvious by doing this while she's out with these guys or in the same week or whatever,but arrange to meet up with them to hang out at some point. Don't make a big thing out of telling your girlfriend, just casually drop it into conversation at some point. She will either be totally cool with it or will have to pretend like she is anyway, and you can go and practice being flirtatious and keep a couple of backup options around in case anything happens with your partner, and you can just go and have a good time anyway. It sounds like your life revolves around hers, this way you can have your own life so you won't be so concerned with hers, and if you have a good time of your own with some female friends, and you entertain them and they enjoy your company, you'll again feel more secure & happy in yourself and your girl will be happier with you too.

tl;dr ur bein a bitch stop that

I would absolutely lose my shit if my boyfriend tried to restrict the people I'm allowed to hang out with, even if they're guys.

I had guy friends before my relationship, and I will during and after.

Get a grip and stop trying to control her.

Rio Fantastic shut the fuck up with that "bitch" shit ...dont be responding to my thread if youre gonna be a dick and trying to be all disrespectful to me and my girl just cuz youre on the internet u think u can say whatever the fuck u want... u saying "with greatest respect" and "no offense" doesnt justify it dumbass... so shut the fuck up and learn some fuckin respect

Rio Fantastic shut the fuck up with that "bitch" shit ...dont be responding to my thread if youre gonna be a dick and trying to be all disrespectful to me and my girl just cuz youre on the internet u think u can say whatever the fuck u want... u saying "with greatest respect" and "no offense" doesnt justify it dumbass... so shut the fuck up and learn some fuckin respect

What the fuck man!? I just typed out fucking 5 paragraphs of fucking advice for you trying to help you out, and your dumb ass only focuses on me saying the word "bitch" and ignoring the rest. I was trying to fucking hep you! Fine, fucking forget it. keep crying to your girlfriend because she wants to hang out with a guy friend because your bitch ass knows if she sees another dude she'll realize what a fucking loser you are and ditch you. keep crying to her about your feelings and how her hanging out with her co-workers hurts your fragile little ego and see how long you're with her.

try to fucking help a guy and this is what I fucking get. jesus christ. also guess what, I don't "think" I can say whatever I want, I know I can say whatever I want, and I will. when I see a guy acting like a bitch I call it out. you pretended you wanted an honest answer but you didn't, you just wanted people to stroke your ego and tell you that you were right. next time dont bother pretending you want the truth, just come right out and say "I need everyone to metaphorically suck my dick, and if you don't I'm gonna get mad". its no wonder your girlfriend needs a break from you, if I were her I wouldn't want to hang around an easily -offended, whiny, insecure little pussy whos "feelings" get hurt whenever she sees a guy that isnt you. and btw, i know it was an easy mistake to make since you didnt read past the first fucking sentence of my post, but I never once disrespected "your girl". I wasn't even trying to disrespect you till you lashed out just now, originally I was trying to be nice saying you were "acting like" a bitch, i didnt just say "you are a bitch". but now that post of yours has made me change my mind.

thers a respectful fuckin way to give people advice asshole. u dont have to be a fuckin dick for no reason... you talk all this shit and try to sprinkle some advice in ther and expect me not to say shit about it and then tell me that im only focusing on the parts where u call me a bitch... fuck u and your advice... how bout you stop pretending that u wanna help me with my problems and just saw it as an oppurtunity to fuckin insult someone just like all those other dickheads on the internet saying shit that they wouldnt say in person

^uh, wanna be the pot or kettle?

You are being a little bitch and pretty much everyone else who responded to this thread did in a similar sentiment to Rio, maybe just with a different word choice. Grow up you baby bitch.

youre a fucking dumbass if you think that telling me that im acting like a bitch is not as bad as actually calling me a bitch... grow the fuck up and learn some fucking respect

^uh, wanna be the pot or kettle?

You are being a little bitch and pretty much everyone else who responded to this thread did in a similar sentiment to Rio, maybe just with a different word choice. Grow up you baby bitch.
can u read bitch? everyone else had a respectful way of telling me what they think i need to do and what they think of the situation im in... rio was just being a fucking troll ...how bout u and rio just leave this thread and take your bullshit with you

Youre mad at Rio for calling you a bitch, but now you're calling me a bitch? Lol wut?

You're just a pissy little teenager man, there is zero reason to be getting so upset over this.

Is she allowed to hang out with lesbians?
im not saying she isnt allowed to... she can do whatever she wants... she can hang out with guys... i was just being honest with her on how i felt about it.... i didnt say she couldnt hang out with them... same thing goes for lesbians i guess... i think i would feel the same way

Status
Not open for further replies.