• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings Episode CCIV - A New Hope

It would be pretty much impossible for me as well. The CD books that have to be completed, drugs in CD lockers etc. Plus controlled drugs are issued to the individual rather than the vehicle (as other drugs are) so while you might get away with it once it wouldn't be difficult to work out what happened since your responsible for drugs issued to you. Breakages, disposals have to be witnessed countersigned etc. Plus any scam you can possibly think of has already been thought of and countered as some stage. It really wouldn't be worth it for 10mg morphine or 10mg diazepam. You'd be arrested lose your job etc. Fuck that.

Yep. No way in hell would i even think about doing it. Arrested, deregistered and basically life ruined. I will pass on that.

Anyway its nearly 2am here. The bloody oxy has kept me awake but a couple more valium and its bed time for me. Have a great day EADD.

I could self administer morphine via a drip/IV when I had tumour removed from spine. I could press a button every 5 minutes. I had a stopwatch on my phone running so I could have as much as possible! :sus:

Peekaboo
NSFW:
gremlin.jpg

The good old PCA pump!!

It's a bit of a mare for the person in the next bed when the little alarm keeps going off in the middle of the night from the pump but handy for the person getting it. They also record the number of times you press the button too early and don't get anything cos it's too early. I had one when I broke my leg..... It was great :)

Yeah PCA pumps are great. They make our job a lot easier and the patient gets to control their pain relief. Its a win / win situation.

Yeah PCA pumps are great. They make our job a lot easier and the patient gets to control their pain relief. Its a win / win situation.

You probably have to much greater knowledge of PCA pumps than me as it's obviously not something that we have on ambulances... Just parenteral morphine, oral morphine and ketamine (sometimes)..

I have seen them a lot in hospitals and received one myself as an inpatient. The good thing being it can be loaded with several days worth of medication at once and the nursing staff don't have to sort out you analgesia every four hours. Win-win indeed..

^ It's the lead-up which does it. He comes across as a genuine guy; loves his music, sacrificed his truck to be there etc... you're expecting something really special from him... and then WTF!

^ It's the lead-up which does it. He comes across as a genuine guy; loves his music, sacrificed his truck to be there etc... you're expecting something really special from him... and then WTF!

Do you think he was serious, or just totally taking the piss? Where's my sponge.. Wtf?

You probably have to much greater knowledge of PCA pumps than me as it's obviously not something that we have on ambulances... Just parenteral morphine, oral morphine and ketamine (sometimes)..

I have seen them a lot in hospitals and received one myself as an inpatient. The good thing being it can be loaded with several days worth of medication at once and the nursing staff don't have to sort out you analgesia every four hours. Win-win indeed..
Yeah they are really common on our ward, especially for people post surgery. It certainly makes my life easier as its one less thing i have to worry about though we have to do PCA obs on every patient who is on one every two hours which is basically a normal set of obs + recording how much the PCA has been accessed in that time. Great machines. The ketamine infusion pumps are great too. Just set and forget. We dont use those as often though, usually only when someone is either allergic to opiods or the opiods are not managing the pain effectively.

Do you think he was serious, or just totally taking the piss? Where's my sponge.. Wtf?

I think the sponge goes under his cap, to prop it up. Yes I think it was serious. I think he must have been tremendously nervous. Adrenaline can be a reaction to nerves, and I think his inexperience on stage gave way to a major adrenaline surge which looked very bizarre to the audience.

I think the sponge goes under his cap, to prop it up. Yes I think it was serious. I think he must have been tremendously nervous. Adrenaline can be a reaction to nerves, and I think his inexperience on stage gave way to a major adrenaline surge which looked very bizarre to the audience.

Although it was undeniably funny as fuck, I hate the way these programs turn people into global laughing stocks. His life is basically one of rampant pisstaking at every available opportunity from now on...

Yeah they are really common on our ward, especially for people post surgery. It certainly makes my life easier as its one less thing i have to worry about though we have to do PCA obs on every patient who is on one every two hours which is basically a normal set of obs + recording how much the PCA has been accessed in that time. Great machines. The ketamine infusion pumps are great too. Just set and forget. We dont use those as often though, usually only when someone is either allergic to opiods or the opiods are not managing the pain effectively.

Here ketamine is only used as a general anaesthetic for someone trapped in vehicle or who needs to be rendered unconscious on their way to hospital since it doesn't suppress breathing like other generals do (thiopenal, propofol etc.). It's really used in much higher amounts and with midazolam to control emergence phenomena. I've seen programmes on TV with Aussie paramedics using lower dose ketamine as an adjunct to morphine /fentanyl for analgesia but we don't do that (for some reason)

Here ketamine is only used as a general anaesthetic for someone trapped in vehicle or who needs to be rendered unconscious on their way to hospital since it doesn't suppress breathing like other generals do (thiopenal, propofol etc.). It's really used in much higher amounts and with midazolam to control emergence phenomena. I've seen programmes on TV with Aussie paramedics using lower dose ketamine as an adjunct to morphine /fentanyl for analgesia but we don't do that (for some reason)
Yeah we dont use it that often but it is available as an option if needed. Opioids are preferred though as they are generally better tolerated by the patients. Some people do get a bit out of it on the ketamine. I cant think of anything worse than being on that stuff in a hospital. Yuk.

Yeah we dont use it that often but it is available as an option if needed. Opioids are preferred though as they are generally better tolerated by the patients. Some people do get a bit out of it on the ketamine. I cant think of anything worse than being on that stuff in a hospital. Yuk.

I think that's why we use the midazolam with it so if people do freak out while awaking from ketamine induced anathesia then at least they won't remember it..

Waking up from a massive ketamine iv shot and finding yourself in an ambulance, helicopter or emergency department must be a bit scary....

I think that's why we use the midazolam with it so if people do freak out while awaking from ketamine induced anathesia then at least they won't remember it..

Waking up from a massive ketamine iv shot and finding yourself in an ambulance, helicopter or emergency department must be a bit scary....
Yeah that would be a horrible experience i reckon. I tried pharmaceutical ketamine years ago at a rave/doof years ago. Snorted half of a capsule ( i have no idea how much was in the capsule ) and tripped out for an hour or so. I did not like it at all. It felt dark and cold in comparison to acid. I will never touch it again. I have friends that love it though. They all fantasize about the ketamine infusions lol