• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Gibberings CLXXXVI - Social Internet Chatting Since 1998

Good on ye, Scotchy. Do what ye feels right. You don't have to be a God FATHER TO LOVE N CARE FOR THE CHILD N YOU CAN't really do it if you're not a Christian as it would make you a hypocrite.

Evey

I have to disagree. His faith, his choice, his belief would not change.

It MY opi..... jk :D yeah I do see your point to be honest. Oh well it's all done now, I guess.....

Evey

The parents have no issue with it. They are two of the ones who respected my decision, as I said it bares no relevance on how much I care for the child.

How does it deny me being a part of their lives, after the 5 minute ceremony of me standing there saying ill protect the lad from the devil it'll all return to exactly how it was 10 seconds prior.

I am the devil in human form. We've had Jesus. Now I'm here. Good to meet you all

Satan

Last edited:
Morning..

Christenings to attend today... I was meant to be a godfather but declined due to my feelings about religion on the whole. I've received some respect for it but also some flack off others..

I don't see the need for me to stand in a church and read the generic script for me to care and more or less for the child....

do you think I should of just done it to keep everyone happy or I did the right thing turning it down??

I suppose its really up to you Scochy although the whole concet of a godfather being the one responsible for the child's spiritual upbringing is a bit outdated tbh....

Moat people just take it to mean that you're someone that the parents hold important enough to have a special connection with the child and look out for him/her in the broader sense rather than anything overtly religious.

If it was me I would have done it on that basis but at the end of the day ots a personal thing between you and the childs parents.

IME all being a godfather means to most nowadays is someone who can be relies upon to do a bit of babysitting without leaving the child alone to play with a pointy metal stick and a live mains socket....that and give the little ankle biter pocket money!!��

The guy liked killing... is that representative of usa? Or reason to chant?

Yes, yes it is. Atm, I am running off of 4 hours sleep same as the day before. Sadie will get stabby around knives today. Not a good thing when I work in a restaurant and am around knives!!!

It could be the American living in Scotland thing that brings out the evil in me or the lack of sleep...... BE WARNED!

Sadly I just want to cuddle up in bed and sleep ........ SHAMMY!!!!!!!!!!! :!

Satan is way more fun =D

I originally come from a Christian family but i haven't been in church since i was 13. Kids have no idea about religion, it's the parents who are pushing them into it, that was in my case. I left "the church" ages ago, so all my sacraments are gone.
But godfathers/mothers are forever :) it's like a uncle/aunt thing, i love mine.

Anyway, good morning from Slovenia :D

Good morning from Scotland!

I despise religion. By all means have your own beliefs, I appreciate those but organised religion leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I too have god parents that I look upon as my aunt and uncle and I couldn't be luckier to have those wonderful people in my life. I do love them so....

I used to talk to my Nsin for hours. We never tried pushing God down people's throat but was lovy discussing it. We uaed to talk sbout jesus being crucified etc n other stuff. I do miss those daus n my Nain Zpeggy very much.
But yes I don't like those people who try forcing a religion down someone's throat. Let them work things out for themselves n make up their own minds.

I'm a spiritualist-christian myself but i don't force that on others

Evey

Nights like last night make me really appreciate my wife and all my friends. 40th birthday party and I was probably the only one without a hangover. Not for lack of trying mind you. It is amazing that 25 of my friends from all different walks of life can get along so well. The only thing missing was a lucky midget..... perhaps for my 50th

Thank fuck I have Monday public holiday off

I despise religion. By all means have your own beliefs, I appreciate those but organised religion leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

This. I think it's unfair that children have no say in whether they want to be christened or not and just have their parent's beliefs forced upon them. I think you made the right choice too Scotchy, agree with what Evey said, doing it would have made you a slight hypocrite and not doing it doesn't mean you'll care for the child any less.

Morning folksss. I believe I have now hit my first HOUR of sobriety. Only a week to go... 8)

Anyone got any ideas for non expensive hobbies I can do to stop myself going mad from boredom?

Oh and happy birthday OTW, getting old now eh ;)

The parents aren't religious either which makes it all the more confusing. I just don't get the point of it.. i still loves that little fella...

Morning..

Christenings to attend today... I was meant to be a godfather but declined due to my feelings about religion on the whole. I've received some respect for it but also some flack off others..

I don't see the need for me to stand in a church and read the generic script for me to care and more or less for the child....

do you think I should of just done it to keep everyone happy or I did the right thing turning it down??

Funny you should bring that up. The other week I had to check with my mum if I was actually a godfather to one of my niblings, I was sure I was. She told me that was impossible cos neither of them had been Christened. Which is great news as far as I'm concerned.

You did the right thing turning it down. If they want to do something for religious reasons, why can't you refuse to do things for non-religious reasons?

I'll attend religious stuff like weddings & funerals (if I have to), but to fuck with actively keeping all that shit going by using their "services" myself. We had a Humanist wedding, btw.

As many choir boys would agree.

Hello also from Scotland!

HEHEHE, I was waiting for that, A' thank ya! Was gonna make the joke myself but thought it best to just leave it hanging ( yes, another open ended comment ) <3

Good morning to your lovely self and my gorgeous Kate xxxx

That's why i wont have lilvibe Christened. She should grow up n make her own mind.

Has anyone read Angela's Ashes? An amazing book about children having to grow up in Catholic religion n poverty. I loved Frank McCourt n the language in which he wrote both Angelas Ashes n 'Tis. Was emotional for 3 weeks after. But my goodness does it make you realise how good we have it now n how so very lucky we are to have what we have n not the suffering n hardship that those poor people went through.

I actually would like to visit Limerick n the River Shannon, after having read AA. I've been told it's a beautiful place, full of greenery.

Evey

HEHEHE, I was waiting for that, A' thank ya! Was gonna make the joke myself but thought it best to just leave it hanging ( yes, another open ended comment ) <3

I just thought I'd get in there quick before someone else went in for the snatch. ;)

Fun fact, My mother, coming from a Catholic upbringing but hated still felt the guilt of not getting me christened. So, I was christened in a humanist church to make my own mind up later. That church was an old bank that Bonnie and Clyde robbed, the bullet holes still in the wall protected by glass as to not disturb them. ODD!!!!

My mother also had her burial ceremony in the same "church".

I just thought I'd get in there quick before someone else went in for the snatch.

Isn't that the point??? They don't really go for the snatch!!! Sorry, Had to!